GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Rocsteady » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:10 am

:lol: I was still feeling pretty spaced out so couldn't think of a better way to word it.

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Knoyleo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:23 pm

How is the "first unread post" button already broken in this new thread?

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by That's not a growth » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:31 pm

Worked for me just now.

Went for a swim the other day, first thing I've done in over a month since I did my ankle. It went well, but it has been a little sore since, but nothing that concerns me. I'll try again tomorrow. God I wish it would heal quicker.

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Rocsteady » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:36 pm

Not just gonna turn into an upper body bro?

Image
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Rocsteady » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Hime wrote:Do you not think it's a case that the pictures might be shopped? Rob doesn't look like that in his videos.

I really don't think Matt is using but from my point of view is probably more that I don't want to believe that look is unattainable naturally :lol:

Do any of you do a cut/bulk cycle? I got very lean for me wedding/honeymoon and have spent the last 3 weeks cutting to get rid of any fat gained. I'm back at around 171-173 pounds (shift work makes it very difficult to track) with a goal of getting to 170. I'm now thinking is there any point in cutting for another week or two to get down when I could just start eating again now ready to cut again in summer.

What height are you? I'm just over 180 now, will probably try to get to about 190 by the end of winter.

I try to do mini cut and bulk cycles, genuinely depends on the amount of cannabis I have around. Because of my crohn's, trying to do a heavy bulk without weed is just insane as I have to top out around 5000+ calories. Flip side is that cutting is mad easy for me.


Also had thought it was quiet in here lately, only just realised brer is gone. Pour one up for the fallen bro:(

Image
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Grumpy David » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Dafuq happened to Brer?

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Hime » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:26 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Hime wrote:Do you not think it's a case that the pictures might be shopped? Rob doesn't look like that in his videos.

I really don't think Matt is using but from my point of view is probably more that I don't want to believe that look is unattainable naturally :lol:

Do any of you do a cut/bulk cycle? I got very lean for me wedding/honeymoon and have spent the last 3 weeks cutting to get rid of any fat gained. I'm back at around 171-173 pounds (shift work makes it very difficult to track) with a goal of getting to 170. I'm now thinking is there any point in cutting for another week or two to get down when I could just start eating again now ready to cut again in summer.

What height are you? I'm just over 180 now, will probably try to get to about 190 by the end of winter.

I try to do mini cut and bulk cycles, genuinely depends on the amount of cannabis I have around. Because of my crohn's, trying to do a heavy bulk without weed is just insane as I have to top out around 5000+ calories. Flip side is that cutting is mad easy for me.


Also had thought it was quiet in here lately, only just realised brer is gone. Pour one up for the fallen bro:(

6ft. Decided to go calories to maintenance as I'm happy with where I'm at lean wise and don't really see the point in pushing to get rid of that extra bit of body fat just to go straight into bulking. That plus I have been told that it can actually be quite dangerous staying on a cut for too long. I'm starting at 2700 cals to see with a plan to lean bulk for a few months.

How long would you class a mini cut out bulk? 5000 calories is a lot, I would imagine that is both a blessing and a hindrance especially if you have Crohn's.

Shame to hear about Beer, must be serious for him to just up and leave. Hopefully he's alright.

Image
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Rocsteady » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:43 pm

Hime wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:
Hime wrote:Do you not think it's a case that the pictures might be shopped? Rob doesn't look like that in his videos.

I really don't think Matt is using but from my point of view is probably more that I don't want to believe that look is unattainable naturally :lol:

Do any of you do a cut/bulk cycle? I got very lean for me wedding/honeymoon and have spent the last 3 weeks cutting to get rid of any fat gained. I'm back at around 171-173 pounds (shift work makes it very difficult to track) with a goal of getting to 170. I'm now thinking is there any point in cutting for another week or two to get down when I could just start eating again now ready to cut again in summer.

What height are you? I'm just over 180 now, will probably try to get to about 190 by the end of winter.

I try to do mini cut and bulk cycles, genuinely depends on the amount of cannabis I have around. Because of my crohn's, trying to do a heavy bulk without weed is just insane as I have to top out around 5000+ calories. Flip side is that cutting is mad easy for me.


Also had thought it was quiet in here lately, only just realised brer is gone. Pour one up for the fallen bro:(

6ft. Decided to go calories to maintenance as I'm happy with where I'm at lean wise and don't really see the point in pushing to get rid of that extra bit of body fat just to go straight into bulking. That plus I have been told that it can actually be quite dangerous staying on a cut for too long. I'm starting at 2700 cals to see with a plan to lean bulk for a few months.

How long would you class a mini cut out bulk? 5000 calories is a lot, I would imagine that is both a blessing and a hindrance especially if you have Crohn's.

Shame to hear about Beer, must be serious for him to just up and leave. Hopefully he's alright.

That sounds like a good shout, you must be fairly lean the now too as we're reasonably similar in height and I amn't stocky at all currently.

It's mainly a hindrance to be honest, I like eating but not that much. Plus I always have to rely on gooseberry fool food at some point like massive pizzas as even topping about 3000 calories with clean food is virtually impossible imo. With weed I can bulk on probably about 3500 calories as I'm not having to go to the toilet constantly. 5000 is maybe a bit of an exaggeration but it is crazy what I need when flaring up.

I'd class it as maybe 2-3 months but God knows what other people class as a normal cut/ bulk, maybe that falls under it.



Not sure about Brer, is in the MIA thread but there aren't really any details.

Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Hime » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:01 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Hime wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:
Hime wrote:Do you not think it's a case that the pictures might be shopped? Rob doesn't look like that in his videos.

I really don't think Matt is using but from my point of view is probably more that I don't want to believe that look is unattainable naturally :lol:

Do any of you do a cut/bulk cycle? I got very lean for me wedding/honeymoon and have spent the last 3 weeks cutting to get rid of any fat gained. I'm back at around 171-173 pounds (shift work makes it very difficult to track) with a goal of getting to 170. I'm now thinking is there any point in cutting for another week or two to get down when I could just start eating again now ready to cut again in summer.

What height are you? I'm just over 180 now, will probably try to get to about 190 by the end of winter.

I try to do mini cut and bulk cycles, genuinely depends on the amount of cannabis I have around. Because of my crohn's, trying to do a heavy bulk without weed is just insane as I have to top out around 5000+ calories. Flip side is that cutting is mad easy for me.


Also had thought it was quiet in here lately, only just realised brer is gone. Pour one up for the fallen bro:(

6ft. Decided to go calories to maintenance as I'm happy with where I'm at lean wise and don't really see the point in pushing to get rid of that extra bit of body fat just to go straight into bulking. That plus I have been told that it can actually be quite dangerous staying on a cut for too long. I'm starting at 2700 cals to see with a plan to lean bulk for a few months.

How long would you class a mini cut out bulk? 5000 calories is a lot, I would imagine that is both a blessing and a hindrance especially if you have Crohn's.

Shame to hear about Beer, must be serious for him to just up and leave. Hopefully he's alright.

That sounds like a good shout, you must be fairly lean the now too as we're reasonably similar in height and I amn't stocky at all currently.

It's mainly a hindrance to be honest, I like eating but not that much. Plus I always have to rely on gooseberry fool food at some point like massive pizzas as even topping about 3000 calories with clean food is virtually impossible imo. With weed I can bulk on probably about 3500 calories as I'm not having to go to the toilet constantly. 5000 is maybe a bit of an exaggeration but it is crazy what I need when flaring up.

I'd class it as maybe 2-3 months but God knows what other people class as a normal cut/ bulk, maybe that falls under it.



Not sure about Brer, is in the MIA thread but there aren't really any details.

Yeah at 32 I'm probably as lean as I've ever been. I started the cut in August for my wedding and honeymoon in October, got down to about 168 but to be honest although I was vascular and abs looked awesome I felt a bit weak and skinny, 173 feels about right at the moment for decent level of bf while still feeling strong to start a bulk.

I can do it fairly clean without much issue to be honest as I just add peanut butter and banana to oats, a bit more fruit and nuts and I'm there. I have an outrageous appetite though, that is the first long term cut I've done and the first week off I honestly don't think I felt full once, I think I could get some YouTube hits by doing a calory eating challenge when I next cut :lol: That said I don't think I need gooseberry fool food from a calorie point of view but I just enjoy having it.

2-3 months sounds reasonable. My ego just can't take getting fat so the idea of a lean bulk works better for me.

Image
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by That's not a growth » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:05 am

Rocsteady wrote:Not just gonna turn into an upper body bro?


I've been trying to figure out why I haven't done this and can't come with one concise reason, but I think it's mainly down to a mixture of a few things:

I'm a creature of habit
If I were to go for a pure upper body workout I'd still need to change half of it since a lot of the lifts I do involve standing
I'm scared of getting bored with my cut down routine and trying to get back to things too early and re-injuring myself
My goals are more diverse than having a decent upper body (although that is one of them), and working towards one goal but not any of the others feels demotivating (and a lot of my goals are cardio based)
I spoke with a personal trainer who said the best cardio for me to do was the stairmaster. As you can imagine, I would rather do nothing than that solidly for over a month

Also, I was planning on taking a week or so off at the time of the accident anyway, and it turns out it was too easy to let this stretch longer.

But I have used this time to lower my calories and eat a bit cleaner and I've been loosing a bit of weight, about 4-5kg so far. Hopefully not too much of that is muscle.

Also, shame to hear about Brer

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Hime » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:19 am

That's not a growth wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:Not just gonna turn into an upper body bro?


I've been trying to figure out why I haven't done this and can't come with one concise reason, but I think it's mainly down to a mixture of a few things:

I'm a creature of habit
If I were to go for a pure upper body workout I'd still need to change half of it since a lot of the lifts I do involve standing
I'm scared of getting bored with my cut down routine and trying to get back to things too early and re-injuring myself
My goals are more diverse than having a decent upper body (although that is one of them), and working towards one goal but not any of the others feels demotivating (and a lot of my goals are cardio based)
I spoke with a personal trainer who said the best cardio for me to do was the stairmaster. As you can imagine, I would rather do nothing than that solidly for over a month

Also, I was planning on taking a week or so off at the time of the accident anyway, and it turns out it was too easy to let this stretch longer.

But I have used this time to lower my calories and eat a bit cleaner and I've been loosing a bit of weight, about 4-5kg so far. Hopefully not too much of that is muscle.

Also, shame to hear about Brer

Surely it's got to be better to do something than nothing? There are loads of exercises you can do sitting down, couldn't you think of it as a chance to learn some different lifts? Can you not do leg extensions and curls for your lower body? What about swimming?

Image
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by That's not a growth » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:02 pm

I've started swimming again so getting slowly back into it, and it shouldn't be long until I'm properly at it. Think I'm going to have to give the treadmill a go before I run outside, mind. Hate to do an injury and be stuck somewhere.

User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Grumpy David » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:54 pm

Treated myself to a Dipping Belt after seeing it cheap on Black Friday sales.

Did 10kg 3x8 Pull Ups with 10KG attached. Much easier than expected. Did a 4th set without the weight attached and swung up like a monkey. :slol:

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Rocsteady » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Has anyone got a pull up bar that clips onto a door frame and is actually good? I'd like it to be easily removable and not strawberry float up the frame. Buying one for a mate for Xmas hopefully.

Image
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Rocsteady » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Actually strawberry float it, will prob just get this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerbar-assem ... door+frame

Image
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by That's not a growth » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:15 am

I've only had 1 pull up bar, and it was one where it came in a few pieces and had to be assembled. It held together, but the joins were where it flexed so I'm sure that's where it would have failed eventually. Getting a solid one like that is the right decision, I'd say.

I'm back swimming, or at least I was before this cold. Looking to start running on a threadmill very, very soon. My ankle still slightly complains occasionally, but I think I just need to push it a bit since it's on movements I rarely do (so not walking, more twisting).

Pulled my back 2 weeks ago, but almost healed. The personal trainer we have at work has given me a load of glute work to try and see if that helps going forward.

Starting to think about my goals for next year One thing is a 13km race in June which I would love to do in less than an hour. Want to do another triathalon too.

What's everyone else hoping to achieve next year?

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Rocsteady » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:53 pm

How's everyone getting on?

I'm recovering from flu and pneumonia that have meant I couldn't eat, managed to lose a massive 18 pounds in only two and a half weeks. Need to start upping my food intake again and get back into the gym from February. Clothes are hanging off me like crazy just now.

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:27 pm

That's grim. Hope you make a recovery and don't suffer with this again because that type of weight loss will strawberry float you up big time.

I'm eting a hell of a lot of food, both good and bad. Putting on a bit of a gut so trying to up my squatting. I've started doing 5 sets instead of 3.

My gym is so busy that I have to wait until around 8.30 in the evening when I go in the week. Even then I often have to wait for a rack. Hard to maintain the motivation after a long day at work.

I'm enjoying it but I'll never get over the despondency of struggling to lift significantly less weight than I would casually warm up with ~7 years ago.

Image
User avatar
Dig Dug
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Dig Dug » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:34 pm

Since you asked...
Something snapped in my brain back at the start of December and now I work out 5/6 days a week without fail instead of the 3 I was doing before. Stuck on 10st/63kg but I've visibly gained leg muscle and I've been able to increase my warm up reps for push-ups, sit-ups, leg raises and squats. My body strength is better too, my plank has jumped from 3 minutes to 5.
I'm feeling pretty good but I'm limited, no money for the gym so I'm working entirely off circuit, dumbbells, and an in-door bike. Haven't been jogging since winter started but it might be for the better, it burnt my soles out and sometimes caused my crohn's disease to flare, I've not had a single cold all winter either so I think staying in-doors has been a good idea.

I've changed my diet to address my crohn's too. I've cold turkey'd red meat and pork as well as a few other foods (such as gassy greens). I still need to tweek my diet though, I eat a lot of greens which is good but I need to reduce my carb and sugar intake in other areas. It'll be easier to make these changes once I'm able to move out from the family home.

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRFit | Fitness | Weightifting | Martial Arts | Join the club! Or do it next week.
by Rocsteady » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:01 pm

Crohn's bro's unite \o/

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abcd, Benzin, Bethlehemster, Bunni, FatDaz, Garth, Godzilla, Green Gecko, Heskimo, MSN [Bot], Preezy, Rax, Snowcannon, Tafdolphin, Tineash, Zaichik and 121 guests