Concept is simple. I've given descriptions of various fictional characters. Name them. PM me your answers. Anyone who answers in the comments will be immediately disqualified. PM Round Three answers before Saturday. It's okay to send PMs with some of the answers and then answer the others if you think of them later.
And now it's time for Round Four. Sorry, I was busy yesterday. Answers Wednesday.
(1) He would go anywhere to help his woman. He'd climb mountains, brace blistering deserts, swim for hours underwater, even go to the depths of outer-space. All he gets in return is a peck and a cake. Oh and a castle, and a land named after him, and sporting tournaments in his name, and so much more. You could say he has it made.
(2) This boy loves games. Too bad that when he reached the age of twelve, he was so fun-loving that he was out playing in the cold past nightfall. He got pneumonia and died, leaving his scientist father heartbroken. They lived in Maine. The last relatives he got to spend time with were his uncles.
(3) A fan of croquet, this girl spends most of her story daydreaming.
(4) An unnaturally strong heart-throb this guy was hung up on the same woman for over seventy years. The world he inhabits now is not the one he was born into; he woke up one day and realised that everything was different. He loves giving pep talks.
(5) Get a load of this guy ... He let his own wife take the blame for his drunk driving while he's the reason the wife of someone close to him got killed. He took a page out of Ross Geller's book and drunkenly married a woman in Vegas - despite already having a wife!! He's worked for a crazy terrorist. He strangles his own son and he made his family go through shock therapy.
ROUND THREE ANSWERS (1) The person she is at the start of the movie gets described as a "Doris Day"-type figure. By the end of the movie, she's become what conservatives would call a lot trashier, wearing much sexier clothing and using cigarettes. People say you shouldn't change just to keep a man around, but that's exactly what this character does and yet she appears in one of the most popular movies of all time. [Sandy Olsson from Grease]
(2) This character was born three hundred and sixteen years before the movie takes place. He became an immortal but what made him immortal also made him take on another form, and made him lose his sister. He is against a group of women who are even older than he is, and are still around because of a virgin. They desire children. All of these characters live in a city in Massachusetts. [Thackery Binx from Hocus Pocus)
(3) This character gets seperated from his family when they're on a trip a long way from home. Lost, he hides in the back garden of a ten-year-old boy's house. The boy and the boy's brother and sister help hide this character from their mother, afraid that she'd be annoyed if there was someone of his background living in their house. The character forms a very close bond with the boy, so much so that they feel each other's emotions; when one of them gets hurt the other one feels pain too ... This character's story is such a well-crafted one that's especially suited for the medium it's told in. If it was told in another medium, maybe it would be so bad that it would be enough to put that entire medium out of business. Just a little side thought.. (ET the Extra-Terrestrial)
(4) This character is way older than he looks. He develops feelings for a teenage girl. He stares at her intently and sneaks into her room when she's asleep. The girl would later try to kill herself just to get his attention, by jumping off a cliff.. (Edward Cullen from Twilight)
(5) This character likes his solitude. Then he meets a jackass, and soon after an entire community is forced to invade on his solitude. He goes and does something about it, meeting a woman in the process. He falls in love with her but as beautiful as this woman is, she becomes a monster at night. This woman and the jackass help him overcome his need for solitude, but when he's invited to meet the woman's family he realizes that many people still hate him (Shrek)
(1) This guy made his kid his number one priority, in every choice he made he thought about his kid. There were times when it got tough; once he even thought about going off to Asia, leaving his kid and persuing a life in a place of culture instead, but he could not go through with it, because of his love for this kid. Eventually the kid left and he got another kid but it wasn't the same = Woody from Toy Story
(2) This character is a murderer, raised by what some could describe as a cult. The cult told him to lock away his emotions, it forbade him from pursuing the romance that he wanted. His son was taken from him and raised in a place where the ground was covered in something that he absolutely hates = Anakin Skywalker (aka Darth Vader)
(3) This character is an immortal. When kids die, he goes halfway with them to the next life so that they don't get scared. He rescues a tribal girl. The person he views as a mother has the hots for him = Peter Pan
(4) Someone thought that this character was bad news so told him to stay away from his daughter. He promised, but then he persued the daughter anyways, which ultimately resulted in her being killed. Despite this many have turned to this character for protection, and a new menace has wrecked havoc on his hometown but no one will ever know how his story finishes. He likes to skateboard and take photos of hot girls = the Peter Parker from the Amazing Spiderman movies' universe
(5) This character used to be really popular in his job but is now washed-up. He's a drunkard, whose love interest is into beastiality but is going out with his career rival. His best friend isn't into sex at all = Bojack Horseman
(1) This woman had a gambling problem. She sold drugs. She stopped her sister from marrying a man, just because they wanted to be seen as a woman. She's been in and out of jail, for theft and for child neglect. She's even appeared on the front cover of a nude magazine and led on a handsome French stranger, despite being married. Yet many people think of her as a role model. She's organised various protests, banning things that have been offensive. She's been given the lead in community theatre. And some people might even say that birds suddenly appear every time she is near = Marge Simpson
(2) He once thought he had killed the character tasked with saving their world, and another time he even tried to stop the hero from going to the place where the heroics needed to be done. Many used to think he was the ugliest thing imaginable and the villains have tried to get him to join the dark side. But he's stood strong and become a hero in his own right. He's faced tragedy where his parents are concerned and has been bullied all of his life but he ends up destroying some of the main villain. He might be the rich bratty kid's favourite punching bag, but he knows that he's twelve times more valuable than this bully = Neville Longbottom
(3) This guy just wants to be loved! He has tried so hard to get his time in the spotlight but has never found it. He has amassed a huge fanbase but overall opinion on him is mixed. Marmite. Some ADORE him. Some detest him. He's watched as those around him have all gotten the call to serve in battle while he's been left to the sidelines, having to assist them whenever they call on him but never getting the chance to shine himself. Many think he's just a wannabe version of an already second-rate character = Waluigi
(4) This guy spends most of his time pining for one woman, let's call her Regina. Yet many would argue that he's completely ruined Regina's life. Even at a young age, when they were in school, he set up a club dedicated to hating her. Then, as adults, he lied about being married to her. He became a total jerk about her spending time with a male friend (a male friend who was into fashion no less!) He thought about her during a very key moment in his relationship with the woman he was actually with, ending up publicly humiliating both Regina and this woman. He knocked up Regina during a one-night stand. He jumped into bed with another chick the moment Regina turned her back on him. Didn't even wait five minutes before getting his jollies on with somebody else. And when Regina had the option of going somewhere that would enable her to do something that was a dream come true, that could give her an absolutely amazing life, he got her to stay with him and abandon this dream. It isn't only Regina he's been awful to. For one, he kissed his own cousin, against her will. For another, he barely acknowledged his own son's presence = Ross Geller
(5) This kid knows he's going to inherit a lot when his father dies. He wants everything - to the point that when his father says there's one thing they don't have ownership over, the kid gets very curious and deliberately disobeys his father so he can go and investigate what this thing is. On his way to investigating it, he sings a song about how he can't wait til he comes into his inheritance. Then a short while later he is devastated when his dad dies, but then he finds a group of hobos and sings a song about not giving a crap = Simba
Last edited by LightWanderer on Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:07 am, edited 7 times in total.
And we have a wrap. There were only two applicants, so I'll do one more round to see if the quiz should continue or not.
---Answers for Round One---
1. Marge Simpson from The Simpsons 2. Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter 3. Waluigi from the Mario franchise, and his lack of a playable role in Super Smash Bros 4. Ross Geller from Friends. 5. Simba from The Lion King
Chocolate Milk is in the lead, somehow managing to crack every single one of these riddles. 5/5 Jezo's coming second, with 2/5.
(1) This guy made his kid his number one priority, in every choice he made he thought about his kid. There were times when it got tough; once he even thought about going off to Asia, leaving his kid and persuing a life in a place of culture instead, but he could not go through with it, because of his love for this kid. Eventually the kid left and he got another kid but it wasn't the same.
(2) This character is a murderer, raised by what some could describe as a cult. The cult told him to lock away his emotions, it forbade him from pursuing the romance that he wanted. His son was taken from him and raised in a place where the ground was covered in something that he absolutely hates.
(3) This character is an immortal. When kids die, he goes halfway with them to the next life so that they don't get scared. He rescues a tribal girl. The person he views as a mother has the hots for him.
(4) Someone thought that this character was bad news so told him to stay away from his daughter. He promised, but then he persued the daughter anyways, which ultimately resulted in her being killed. Despite this many have turned to this character for protection, and a new menace has wrecked havoc on his city but no one will ever know how his story finishes. He likes to skateboard and take photos of hot girls.
(5) This character used to be really popular in his job but is now washed-up. He's a drunkard, whose love interest is into beastiality but is going out with his career rival. His best friend isn't into sex at all.
Last edited by LightWanderer on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rule Clarification: A few people have wondered this - yes, it's okay if you know some of the answers but don't know them all. You can send your answers you do know, and lemme know that you plan on answering the others once you've thought longer. And if you want I can then send you a reminder if it's the last night and you haven't gotten back with the other answers ^_^