Tsunade wrote:Is it time for the reveal yet? I want to know who I got wrong!
Sorry I've been clogged up with work. I know exactly which characters will be coming up in the next round but means uploading some more pics so that round will start tomorrow. Anyways, here's the results for Round One! Thanks so much to everyone who entered. I've really enjoyed this round, and getting to talk to you guys.
ROUND ONE ANSWERS Number of Entrees: 7
(1) Light Yagami from Death Note Number of people who got this one: 5
[Light] was a model student; top of his class, highly-intellectual and very attractive he was popular in school. Then one day he finds something that will forever change him [the eponymous Death Note journal which gives him the power to kill people]. He develops a God complex [becoming Kira, a guy with his own brand of justice where he thinks it's okay to murder criminals]; a psychopathic girl [Misa-Misa who is also a killer] fangirls over him; and he kills the guy who washed his feet [L washes his feet just before dying]. The character he hangs around with most loves apples. [Ryuk, his Shinigami-demon is always eating apples]
(2) The Hamburglar from McDonalds Number of people who got this one: 6
Originally the enemy to a clown [Ronald McDonald], he seems to be friends with him in more modern appearances. [He was originally a villain but is now portrayed as one of the protagonists] The thing he's most famous for is stealing food, especially food that kids eat though adults eat it too especially if they're skint and want to go somewhere cheap [McDonalds]. He's friends with a large purple monster. [Grimace]
(3) Ebenzer Scrooge from A Christmas Carol Number of people who got this one: 7
A crotchety old man who is awful to his employee [Bob Pratchett]. Everything changes after he gets some startling visions in the night [he becomes good after being visited by ghosts and realising that if he doesn't change people will spit on his grave].
(4) Dorothy Gale from The Wizard of Oz Number of people who got this one: 7
Friends with a dog [Toto] and a heartless man [the Tin Man, who has no heart], this girl kills someone [the Wicked Witch] by forcing water onto them, when this person is extremely aquaphobic [Dorothy knocks bucket of water onto her, causing her to melt]. Although in some adaptations they think the girl in question killed this other character because of her house moving when it shouldn't have. [In the musical version, the Wicked Witch dies when "one fine day from Kansas a house fell on her head"]
(5) I have brought back pieces of the following characters. Guess who they are to restore them fully. Each correctly guessed character is worth one point.
Kermit from The Muppets (7) Natsu from Fairy Tail (2; making it the hardest question this round) Princess Daisy from Mario (6) Snake from Metal Gear Solid (5) and Marge Simpson from The Simpsons (7)
RESULTS In order of who PM'd first. Because the Joker thing means the highest possible score is 9, which really triggers my completionist OCD, everyone who entered gets a bonus point, bringing the highest possible score this round to 10. Perfectly balanced as all things should be!
ROUND TWO Meh, or I could do it now! Good luck everyone. This round goes up to Wednesday, with all entries having to be in before the midnight going into Thursday.
(1) You know how in video games we can die about a million gazillion times and still come back to life? Maaaybe this character is from a videogame because the number of times he's died is unbelievable. Here are some of the ways he has died: -Run over by a police officer -Impaled to the wall of a classroom -Mauled by his friend's goldfish -Crushed by a stage light -Had his heart replaced with a baked potato
(2) Always plotting to take over the world, this supervillain is not a human. He is always thwarted by triplets whose father is his former boss.
(3) Working in the hospitality business, this guy is anything but hospitable. He goes so far as killing his guests! Not hospitable at all! Except to his mother ... oh, he takes care of her all right!
(4) Forever a youth, this guy has a rebellious brother and a sister who likes whistling. They and their mom and dad are hiding from someone who wants to kill them. He befriends a young boy who helps him find an amulet.
(5) Guess the characters in these pictures. Each picture is worth one point.
Last edited by LightWanderer on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsunade wrote:Hey I got natsu right! I'm surprised at that
I thought I was the only one! LightWanderer, I demand a recount!
I think I've got a tenuous answer for #2, but #4 has me utterly stumped.
Went back and checked through the PMs and my mistake. Tsunade did guess Natsu! Not sure how I missed that but the leaderboard has been adjusted, with Tsunade tying 3rd place, with 9 points.
Please everyone who's entered thus far, if I made a mistake with your points let me know. Your overall points should be as follows: However many you got right this first round, which doesn't include Joker Add one point for Joker. Everyone who entered got a point for him because he got revealed early.
Whatever your total is from this round, add the following if you're one of the winners from the last thread: Chocolate Milk add three points. Somebody Else's Problem add two points. IronHide add one point.
Important announcement concerning #4: apparently this character is thirteen years old in a lesser-known version of the story. In the more iconic version, he's nine years old. Maybe that will help you think of it.