Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Photek » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:06 pm

It was a good documentary, was surprising to learn that we're ahead of the UK when it comes to self gender determination, we've had it now for 3 years. Linehan talks sense in terms of making sure young adults definitely need treatment but then goes off on trans women in sport and having access to female only spaces...the cretin.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Wrathy
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Location: Location: Location:

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Wrathy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:51 pm

Linehan pays the barest of lip service to appease the small minority of stupid trans people who back him (there are as many as 12, by his own count) which still comes off as insincere and insufficient for the rest of the world. Even a quick read of his twitter contradicts the points you say he makes, because he reveals his hand by referring to help as irreversible mutilation and gay erasure etc. if it’s that for a 15 year old, it’s that for a 19 year old. He can’t logically backflip around it just because some arbitrary age is reached and defined acceptable by him.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Hexx » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:17 am



Results didn't go as he expected - 70+% think there's no issue

Takes it about as well as you'd expect





User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Moggy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:27 am

He's an absolute embarrassment. :lol:

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Balladeer » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:35 am

I don’t know who PencilBandit is but I like their style.

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Skarjo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:44 am

The strawberry float is a handmaiden?

Blue Eyes wrote:No wonder I'm eating my balls instead of sweets.

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Cuttooth » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:48 am

Skarjo wrote:The strawberry float is a handmaiden?

Going to assume it’s shorthand for women who don’t agree with him.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Moggy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:50 am

Skarjo wrote:The strawberry float is a handmaiden?


I had no idea either, but found this Reddit thread. A handmaiden is what arseholes call women who accept transwomen as women.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GenderCynical/ ... accepting/

It’s basically transphobes version of “race traitor”.

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Knoyleo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:58 am

Hexx wrote:

Results didn't go as he expected - 70+% think there's no issue

Takes it about as well as you'd expect





How did this bulletproof plan fall down?


User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Albear » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:27 am

Out of interest, Would something have to be put in place for competitive sports? (or is there already something in place?)

As in someone goes from male to female, and then clears up at the olympics? I know there were some dodgy instances back in the 80's with Russian athletes which ill try and find and post.

Haven't had a chance to watch the video that was posted so apologies if that is covered and explained.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Moggy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:00 pm

Albear wrote:Out of interest, Would something have to be put in place for competitive sports? (or is there already something in place?)

As in someone goes from male to female, and then clears up at the olympics? I know there were some dodgy instances back in the 80's with Russian athletes which ill try and find and post.

Haven't had a chance to watch the video that was posted so apologies if that is covered and explained.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_people_in_sports#Olympics

User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Jazzem » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:03 pm



:fp:

Last edited by Jazzem on Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Albear » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:05 pm

Moggy wrote:
Albear wrote:Out of interest, Would something have to be put in place for competitive sports? (or is there already something in place?)

As in someone goes from male to female, and then clears up at the olympics? I know there were some dodgy instances back in the 80's with Russian athletes which ill try and find and post.

Haven't had a chance to watch the video that was posted so apologies if that is covered and explained.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_people_in_sports#Olympics


Yeah funny enough stumbled across that page when was looking for the examples I mentioned in my earlier post.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/athletics/6061375/Sports-gender-controversies.html


From Wiki

"People who oppose transgender women competing in women's sports say that they are given an unfair advantage over cisgender women due to their testosterone levels, and different muscle and fat distribution. Testosterone regulates many different functions in the body, including the maintenance of bone and muscle mass.[14] It is also argued that athletes who transition to a woman after puberty will have a greater muscle to fat ratio compared to female athletes.[15]

However, the use of estrogen supplements and testosterone blockers (or physical castration via sex reassignment) cause a decrease in muscle mass, bone density,[citation needed] and oxygen-carrying red blood cells. This leads to a decrease in strength, speed, and endurance.[16] According to Joanna Harper, a competitive runner, scientist, and transgender woman, every athlete has advantages and disadvantages. The greater height that a transgender woman may have gained before transitioning may be an advantage on the basketball court but it is likely to be disadvantageous to a gymnast.[17] Eric Vilain, a professor of human genetics at UCLA and a consultant to the IOC medical commission, stated: "There is 10 to 12% difference between male and female athletic performance. We need to categorize with criteria that are relevant to performance. It is a very difficult situation with no easy solution."[18]"



Doesn't sound like there's an easy answer. Will be interesting to see if we have more examples of this type of challenge as I imagine there will be more transgender people in sports as time goes on.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Moggy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:50 pm

Jazzem wrote:

:fp:


strawberry floating hell. :lol:

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Tafdolphin » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:09 pm

Image

:shock:

John Romero liked my tweet :wub: :wub:

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Lex-Man » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:48 pm

I don't get the gay erasure argument? What are they trying to say, that gay people will be forced to change their gender.

User avatar
Karl
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Karl » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:15 pm

lex-man wrote:I don't get the gay erasure argument? What are they trying to say, that gay people will be forced to change their gender.

They are """worried""" (in bad faith) that lesbian teens will be pressured into identifying as & then medically transitioning into straight men.

It doesn't make any sense as a scenario at all - it's a total non-sequitur - and there's (obviously) no evidence that this is happening. But pushing the idea allows them to co-opt the phrase "gay erasure" and that's important to them for two reasons: 1. to divide and weaken the queer community; 2. to give their message a superficial veneer of leftist rhetoric, in the hope it might then infect some people who consider themselves socially liberal.

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Skarjo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:29 am

lex-man wrote:I don't get the gay erasure argument?


They're a synth-pop band with a gay lead singer but I still think they prefer to be called just 'Erasure'.

Blue Eyes wrote:No wonder I'm eating my balls instead of sweets.

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Moggy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:43 am

Skarjo wrote:
lex-man wrote:I don't get the gay erasure argument?


They're a synth-pop band with a gay lead singer but I still think they prefer to be called just 'Erasure'.


:lol:

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Hbomberguy is livestreaming Donkey Kong 64 to spite the transphobe Graham Linehan
by Balladeer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:09 am

Skarjo wrote:
lex-man wrote:I don't get the gay erasure argument?


They're a synth-pop band with a gay lead singer but I still think they prefer to be called just 'Erasure'.

Image


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Errkal, FatDaz, Google [Bot], Hulohot, Mafro, massimo, Met, more heat than light, Parksey, PuppetBoy, Rightey, Ste, Tafdolphin and 44 guests