HDYFRN How Do You Feel Right Now?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by Chocolate-Milk » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:46 pm

A ship is like a big boy boat.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by Jenuall » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:29 pm

A ship is like a bicycle that floats.

ImageImage
User avatar
Wrathy
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Location: Location: Location:

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by Wrathy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:12 pm

Frank wrote:Wrathy can you explain the boats/ships meme pls. Is there genuinely a difference between the two, then? :shifty:


hahaha has this spread to GR without me? That is incredible.

Basically a boat is too small to be a ship. A ship is a vessel which can navigate the deep seas (i.e. cross oceans), needs to be staffed by a professional crew, has complicated engineering/navigation/operational equipment, and has a specific purpose of carrying cargo / passengers / etc. A boat is typically more simple and used predominantly as a pleasure craft, like a canoe, or for coastal fishing etc.

One way people differentiate is with "A ship can carry a boat, but a boat cannot carry a ship."

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by OrangeRKN » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:01 pm

But a submarine is a boat

User avatar
Wrathy
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Location: Location: Location:

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by Wrathy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:22 pm

Correct!

User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by Karl_ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:37 pm

Is OR a boat or a ship?

User avatar
VlaSoul
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by VlaSoul » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:29 pm

Wrathy wrote:
Frank wrote:Wrathy can you explain the boats/ships meme pls. Is there genuinely a difference between the two, then? :shifty:


hahaha has this spread to GR without me? That is incredible.

Basically a boat is too small to be a ship. A ship is a vessel which can navigate the deep seas (i.e. cross oceans), needs to be staffed by a professional crew, has complicated engineering/navigation/operational equipment, and has a specific purpose of carrying cargo / passengers / etc. A boat is typically more simple and used predominantly as a pleasure craft, like a canoe, or for coastal fishing etc.

One way people differentiate is with "A ship can carry a boat, but a boat cannot carry a ship."

....so a boat is a boneless ship?

Image
was Vtheyoshi on (S)ONM
sig made by the venerable Krik
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by OrangeRKN » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:17 am

Karl wrote:Is OR a boat or a ship?


I'm a boat and together with Jezo we're a ship

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by Vermilion » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:48 am

Got up this morning to find the internet light on my router had gone out, cue checking sky for service status, trying and failing to reconnect manually via the router menu, and general stress related cursing.

Then i turned the router off and on again.

I should have just done that to begin with. :fp:

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by Frank » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:52 am

Wrathy wrote:
Frank wrote:Wrathy can you explain the boats/ships meme pls. Is there genuinely a difference between the two, then? :shifty:


hahaha has this spread to GR without me? That is incredible.

Basically a boat is too small to be a ship. A ship is a vessel which can navigate the deep seas (i.e. cross oceans), needs to be staffed by a professional crew, has complicated engineering/navigation/operational equipment, and has a specific purpose of carrying cargo / passengers / etc. A boat is typically more simple and used predominantly as a pleasure craft, like a canoe, or for coastal fishing etc.

One way people differentiate is with "A ship can carry a boat, but a boat cannot carry a ship."


Oooh, that makes sense. Thanks :wub:

Will never be able to get my head around a submarine being a boat though.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by Errkal » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:16 am

Vermilion wrote:Got up this morning to find the internet light on my router had gone out, cue checking sky for service status, trying and failing to reconnect manually via the router menu, and general stress related cursing.

Then i turned the router off and on again.

I should have just done that to begin with. :fp:


Mate had the whole of A&E at the hospital he works at off the network as the switches were going nuts, after 3 hours of fighting and the risk of the director closing the department and routing people to the nearest hospital 20 miles away he rebooted the switches and it all started working perfectly.

User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by Tsunade » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:27 am

OrangeRKN wrote:
Karl wrote:Is OR a boat or a ship?


I'm a boat and together with Jezo we're a ship

Best ship out there. The S.S.SONM

Image
Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by OrangeRKN » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:42 am

Errkal wrote:Mate had the whole of A&E at the hospital he works at off the network as the switches were going nuts, after 3 hours of fighting and the risk of the director closing the department and routing people to the nearest hospital 20 miles away he rebooted the switches and it all started working perfectly.


If you think about it this is standard practice for A&E where the main approach to stopping a heart attack is turning it off and on again

User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by Karl_ » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:41 am

I didn't know where to post this where both OR and animecrew would see it so it's going here


User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by OrangeRKN » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:49 pm

This is perfect

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by Rocsteady » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:53 pm

Keep thinking this thread is about steroid use.

Image
jimbob555
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by jimbob555 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:04 am

OrangeRKN wrote:But a submarine is a boat


Image

User avatar
VlaSoul
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by VlaSoul » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:13 am

Karl wrote:I didn't know where to post this where both OR and animecrew would see it so it's going here


beautiful

Image
was Vtheyoshi on (S)ONM
sig made by the venerable Krik
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by DarkRula » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:42 pm

For some reason last night my mind brought forth the memory of the time when news outlets were talking about kids searching for Pokémon X videos bringing up porn and my response to it on, I'm pretty sure, CVG.

Isn't the brain a wonderful thing?

Image
Image
User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: HDYCRN How Do You Cycle Right Now?
by Tsunade » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:55 pm

Pokemon Y though

Image
Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, BraithGwirod, Frank, Garth, Google [Bot], Lex-Man, Mafro, Met, Minty14, Photek, Preezy, satriales, Tsunade, wensleydale and 64 guests