Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - delayed until 2022

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by Vermilion » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:19 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
DarkRula wrote:What area is that? I don't remember it being in any of the films.


Entrance hall that leads to the main staircase? I’m not 100% sure though.


That's fairly accurate if true, as the staircase pictured looks to be very close to the one at Christ church college in Oxford which was used as the entry steps in the early films.

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by DarkRula » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:23 pm

Based on the first two films? Did we ever get a game that accurately protrayed that version of the castle?

Image
Image
User avatar
Met
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by Met » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:28 pm

The castle also has established moving hallways and impossible space anyway so literally anything is fair game.

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by Fade » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:42 pm

Moggy wrote:
Fade wrote:
Trelliz wrote:
Hexx wrote:

twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1311449744774922240



"We're going to make a shitload of money from the HP franchise, so here is a bland statement that sounds like we are saying something when in fact we are saying nothing at all. Please consume products and get excited for next products."

He should totally call her a banana split and get himself fired

I'm sure everyone on this forum would do the same


I'm sure there are some that wouldn't ever stick up for what's right.

Probably.

My point is just that it's easy to be an armchair warrior and call this guy a coward without putting yourself in his shoes.

He said he doesn't agree with her, but because of his job it's pretty hard for him to come out and say something more explicit.

If someone said to you "you can make a tweet calling out JK Rowling but in return you'll lose your high profile job" would you do it?

Image

SW-0093-4365-9039
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by Moggy » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:25 pm

Fade wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Fade wrote:
Trelliz wrote:
Hexx wrote:

twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1311449744774922240



"We're going to make a shitload of money from the HP franchise, so here is a bland statement that sounds like we are saying something when in fact we are saying nothing at all. Please consume products and get excited for next products."

He should totally call her a banana split and get himself fired

I'm sure everyone on this forum would do the same


I'm sure there are some that wouldn't ever stick up for what's right.

Probably.

My point is just that it's easy to be an armchair warrior and call this guy a coward without putting yourself in his shoes.

He said he doesn't agree with her, but because of his job it's pretty hard for him to come out and say something more explicit.

If someone said to you "you can make a tweet calling out JK Rowling but in return you'll lose your high profile job" would you do it?


You think the President of WB games saying explicitly that Rowling's views are abhorrent is actually going to be at risk of losing his job?

Armchair warrior is such a bullshit term as well. You've no idea what anybody else actually does away from the armchair. It's particularly bullshit in this case as the discussion is literally about a wishy washy statement a bloke made from his armchair.

Image
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by Fade » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:59 pm

Moggy wrote:
Fade wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Fade wrote:
Trelliz wrote:
Hexx wrote:

twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1311449744774922240



"We're going to make a shitload of money from the HP franchise, so here is a bland statement that sounds like we are saying something when in fact we are saying nothing at all. Please consume products and get excited for next products."

He should totally call her a banana split and get himself fired

I'm sure everyone on this forum would do the same


I'm sure there are some that wouldn't ever stick up for what's right.

Probably.

My point is just that it's easy to be an armchair warrior and call this guy a coward without putting yourself in his shoes.

He said he doesn't agree with her, but because of his job it's pretty hard for him to come out and say something more explicit.

If someone said to you "you can make a tweet calling out JK Rowling but in return you'll lose your high profile job" would you do it?


You think the President of WB games saying explicitly that Rowling's views are abhorrent is actually going to be at risk of losing his job?

Armchair warrior is such a bullshit term as well. You've no idea what anybody else actually does away from the armchair. It's particularly bullshit in this case as the discussion is literally about a wishy washy statement a bloke made from his armchair.

I mean yeah, she is licensing out her product for him to use. Usually people keep politics out of work relationships like that. I can't imagine the CEO of Warner Bros calling Tolkien a racist after LOTR and then his estate being like "Yeah sure, we'll work with you again". They wouldn't, and the investors would be pissed and call for the CEO's head.

I wish he could call her out but it's not really practical, plus surely it's better to have someone in charge who doesn't agree with her rather than someone who does?

Also armchair warrior is about advocating for conflict when you haven't partaken in similar conflict yourself, so it doesn't make much sense in the context you used it in.

Image

SW-0093-4365-9039
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by Moggy » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:34 pm

Fade wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Fade wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Fade wrote:
Trelliz wrote:
Hexx wrote:

twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1311449744774922240



"We're going to make a shitload of money from the HP franchise, so here is a bland statement that sounds like we are saying something when in fact we are saying nothing at all. Please consume products and get excited for next products."

He should totally call her a banana split and get himself fired

I'm sure everyone on this forum would do the same


I'm sure there are some that wouldn't ever stick up for what's right.

Probably.

My point is just that it's easy to be an armchair warrior and call this guy a coward without putting yourself in his shoes.

He said he doesn't agree with her, but because of his job it's pretty hard for him to come out and say something more explicit.

If someone said to you "you can make a tweet calling out JK Rowling but in return you'll lose your high profile job" would you do it?


You think the President of WB games saying explicitly that Rowling's views are abhorrent is actually going to be at risk of losing his job?

Armchair warrior is such a bullshit term as well. You've no idea what anybody else actually does away from the armchair. It's particularly bullshit in this case as the discussion is literally about a wishy washy statement a bloke made from his armchair.

I mean yeah, she is licensing out her product for him to use. Usually people keep politics out of work relationships like that. I can't imagine the CEO of Warner Bros calling Tolkien a racist after LOTR and then his estate being like "Yeah sure, we'll work with you again". They wouldn't, and the investors would be pissed and call for the CEO's head.

I wish he could call her out but it's not really practical, plus surely it's better to have someone in charge who doesn't agree with her rather than someone who does?

Also armchair warrior is about advocating for conflict when you haven't partaken in similar conflict yourself, so it doesn't make much sense in the context you used it in.


WB's contract isn't going to be so weak that Rowling can walk away. They own the rights to the films and I'm pretty sure they own the game rights as well.

So it's perfectly practical to call her out.

The context I used "armchair warrior"? You realise I was responding to your rather stupid use of it? And my comment would have been perfectly contextual because we were talking about the President of WB games making a statement, not him going to war. We all wish he used his voice to be an armchair warrior, we are not advocating he physically invades Rowling's house to fight her.

Image
User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by Yubel » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:46 pm

Venom wrote:This is one of the images released by WB, its not clear whether this is a screenshot or visualisation. But the image of pupils wondering these huge mystical halls steeped in history is definitely going to be a draw for people who want to live out their Hogwarts dreams.


Image


I'm willing to bet that's a possible screenshot as it is a cross-gen game. I expect we may even see ray tracing in this; a setting like Hogwarts, with its vaulted ceilings and cathedral-esque styling, is absolutely ripe for it.

Image
Image
Youtube - Yubellion

SW-8425-4441-8614
User avatar
Karl_
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by Karl_ » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:58 pm

Fade wrote:My point is just that it's easy to be an armchair warrior and call this guy a coward without putting yourself in his shoes.

I think people who argue in favour of trans rights and equality would implement their principles if they were in a position of power. Wouldn't you?

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by Hexx » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:39 am

(Wasn’t sure where to put this. It’s related to what’s been talked about above, but not the game. But didn’t see another thread to fit it in. If a mod can think of somewhere more appropriate please move)

Lego have also been pushed on their link to Rowling

There is no place for discrimination in our society. Our mission is to inspire the builders of tomorrow, and that includes inspiring them to be empathetic, kind and inclusive both through our products and our learning through play programmes.

Our partnership to create Wizarding World sets is with Warner Bros, not JK Rowling. Warner Brothers receives the royalty fees from the sales of LEGO Harry Potter sets. You will need to contact Warner Brothers directly to ask them how they distribute these funds.

Since Diversity and Inclusion are a focus for us, we also work with non-profit organisations that support LGBTQ+ children. In Connecticut we have donated to TRUE COLORS, a non-profit organisation that works with social service agencies, schools, organisations and within communities to ensure that the needs of sexual and gender minority youth are both recognised and competently met.

UK we are also working with Diversity Role Models, an organisation that helps to educate all children about the importance of inclusion and empathy for all.; and Albert Kennedy Trust, an organisation that provides housing and support for LGBTQ+ youth.

User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by Denster » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:55 am

I feel beltter about the lego purchase. My daughter will too.

User avatar
f
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by f » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:19 pm

"Hog Warts Legacy" is actually a rather succinct way of describing how JKR has behaved

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by DarkRula » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Nice of the LEGO Group to be upfront and honest about it, even if they were pushed to it.

Image
Image
User avatar
JChalmers
Member
Joined in 2010
Contact:

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by JChalmers » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:32 pm

Image

Shame but had a feeling it would get delayed with Covid/absolute lack of info at the moment.

Hopefully more games get delayed for polish rather than get Cyberpunked....

Switch Friend Code - SW-0524-9164-4813
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by ITSMILNER » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:37 pm

Damn, can defo see more and more of these delays for games that were part way into dev during the pandemic

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
jawa2
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by jawa2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:39 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:Damn, can defo see more and more of these delays for games that were part way into dev during the pandemic

Absolutely, man. I think we're gonna see plenty of delays during this year and that's on top of a pretty quite gaming year in 2020.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - 2021
by ITSMILNER » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:41 pm

jawa2 wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:Damn, can defo see more and more of these delays for games that were part way into dev during the pandemic

Absolutely, man. I think we're gonna see plenty of delays during this year and that's on top of a pretty quite gaming year in 2020.


The likes of God of War Ragnarok, Gotham Knights maybe even Horizon 2, all of that I can see being delayed out of the target 2021 year.

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - delayed until 2022
by Yoshimi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:07 pm

Hopefully they'll use the time to stop the NPC's looking like they're in The Sims.

User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Hogwarts Legacy (Harry Potter game) - PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, PC - delayed until 2022
by imbusydoctorwho » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:04 pm

Totally understandable, guess this'll be the first of many and I do think the reception of Cyberpunk has a part to play in many more upcoming delays.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Peter Crisp and 101 guests