Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by OrangeRKN » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:01 pm

Personally I thought the White Palace was the weakest part of the game, because twitch platforming doesn't really work with Hollow Knight's health and death system. It suddenly tried to be a game that it isn't.

Also it's got the worst example of "you will only find this secret area if you look it up in a guide" in the game.

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by OrangeRKN » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:46 pm

The fangamer special edition arrived today, bundled with the wanderer's journal (basically a strategy guide/art book) and some papercraft models.

It's absolutely beautiful :wub:

I have the brooch stood front and centre on top of the fireplace now and it looks great. I also read through the Quirrel comic, and opened up the game case to have a look at the lovely and proper full colour manual and fold out map.

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by rinks » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:17 pm

Traitor Lord falls by my nail. Getting through them now.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by shy guy 64 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:03 pm

rinks wrote:Traitor Lord falls by my nail. Getting through them now.


man i can just not beat that guy

Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by rinks » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:28 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
rinks wrote:Traitor Lord falls by my nail. Getting through them now.


man i can just not beat that guy


Have you got Shade Cloak yet? I made heavy use of that.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by shy guy 64 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:48 pm

rinks wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
rinks wrote:Traitor Lord falls by my nail. Getting through them now.


man i can just not beat that guy


Have you got Shade Cloak yet? I made heavy use of that.


i think ive got everything (been a wee while)

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:12 am

shy guy 64 wrote:
rinks wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
rinks wrote:Traitor Lord falls by my nail. Getting through them now.


man i can just not beat that guy


Have you got Shade Cloak yet? I made heavy use of that.


i think ive got everything (been a wee while)


I found attacking him in the middle of the room, where there's more head room, meaning the Knight doesn't bop his head on the ceiling, made the fight *a little* easier. But Traitor Lord was one of a few bosses where I died at the same time he did :lol: :oops:

Cloth :wub:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by rinks » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:24 am

I do feel really bad that I’m now going to have to kill Cloth (in dream form).

And the item I got from the White Palace now has its use. But I’m a bit scared, so I’ll come back to that.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by shy guy 64 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:15 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
rinks wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
rinks wrote:Traitor Lord falls by my nail. Getting through them now.


man i can just not beat that guy


Have you got Shade Cloak yet? I made heavy use of that.


i think ive got everything (been a wee while)


I found attacking him in the middle of the room, where there's more head room, meaning the Knight doesn't bop his head on the ceiling, made the fight *a little* easier. But Traitor Lord was one of a few bosses where I died at the same time he did :lol: :oops:

Cloth :wub:


ok ill bare that in mind next time i have a go at him, thanks

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by Jenuall » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:21 am

I really need to finish this, I got about 90% of the way through and then became distracted by Dark Souls.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:34 am

Good luck!

Jenuall wrote:I really need to finish this, I got about 90% of the way through and then became distracted by Dark Souls.


Finish as in full completion, or have you not seen any of the endings?

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by Jenuall » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:15 am

Saint of Killers wrote:Good luck!

Jenuall wrote:I really need to finish this, I got about 90% of the way through and then became distracted by Dark Souls.


Finish as in full completion, or have you not seen any of the endings?


Not seen any endings yet. I've got the completion tracker and there's still some stuff to do but I think I'm just going to head for the boss!

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by OrangeRKN » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:25 am

If you completed too much stuff already you'll have actually missed the first ending :shifty:

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by rinks » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:48 am

OrangeRKN wrote:If you completed too much stuff already you'll have actually missed the first ending :shifty:

That’s disappointing. Sounds like a rare example of bad design for this game. Unless it’s a kind of failure ending.

Is it something specific that you need to avoid having done?

I haven’t opened the door in the Abyss yet.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by Jenuall » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:53 am

That's as shame, hopefully won't have missed out on too much!

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by OrangeRKN » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:03 pm

rinks wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:If you completed too much stuff already you'll have actually missed the first ending :shifty:

That’s disappointing. Sounds like a rare example of bad design for this game. Unless it’s a kind of failure ending.

Is it something specific that you need to avoid having done?

I haven’t opened the door in the Abyss yet.


As per spoilered text, that is essentially the cut-off point yes. If you miss the first ending, the only thing you don't get is a menu theme I think.

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by rinks » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:16 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
rinks wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:If you completed too much stuff already you'll have actually missed the first ending :shifty:

That’s disappointing. Sounds like a rare example of bad design for this game. Unless it’s a kind of failure ending.

Is it something specific that you need to avoid having done?

I haven’t opened the door in the Abyss yet.


As per spoilered text, that is essentially the cut-off point yes. If you miss the first ending, the only thing you don't get is a menu theme I think.


Ah, good stuff. Cheers. I figured I should leave that until later. I assumed it was one of the bits added in the expansions.

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by rinks » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Failed Champion has been my nemesis throughout, always seeming impossible to beat. But I reckoned I was finally tooled-up enough, and after a lot of attempts I smashed it. And now I’m just 10 essence short of 2400. EDIT: And I’ve just found an essence plant. Here we go! EDIT2: Oh.

Last edited by rinks on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by rinks » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:16 pm

And I’m still putting off what I assume is the final boss.

User avatar
Clarkman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hollow Knight (Dark Souls x Castlevania x Beetles) | Silksong (The Premier Gay Social Network)
by Clarkman » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:48 pm

rinks wrote:And I’m still putting off what I assume is the final boss.


Do you have Void Heart?


Return to “Games”