Horizon: Forbidden West

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:38 am

OrangeRKN wrote:Did we get an indication of release date?

It'll be good to know when to expect Breath of the Wild 2 to release


Nope.

I think Sony are back courting indies (hence why we had so many of them) because their first-party stuff isn't anywhere as far along as people assumed it would be. That's my biggest downer from last night's show – even fewer 2020 releases than I was expecting.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Mafro » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:47 am

Looks great. I've still got most of the first one to play so hopefully that gets a decent performance boost on PS5.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
DaveDS
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by DaveDS » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:50 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:Did we get an indication of release date?

It'll be good to know when to expect Breath of the Wild 2 to release


Nope.

I think Sony are back courting indies (hence why we had so many of them) because their first-party stuff isn't anywhere as far along as people assumed it would be. That's my biggest downer from last night's show – even fewer 2020 releases than I was expecting.


I think this is very far along, I'd go as far as to say launch window... :shifty: . They have been working on it for well over 3 years now.

Spider-man is the only 1st party game that had a release date right? Which is basically launch. Pretty sure ratchet is launch window and also had no date. It's tactical release of information.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:57 pm

DaveDS wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:Did we get an indication of release date?

It'll be good to know when to expect Breath of the Wild 2 to release


Nope.

I think Sony are back courting indies (hence why we had so many of them) because their first-party stuff isn't anywhere as far along as people assumed it would be. That's my biggest downer from last night's show – even fewer 2020 releases than I was expecting.


I think this is very far along, I'd go as far as to say launch window... :shifty: . They have been working on it for well over 3 years now.

Spider-man is the only 1st party game that had a release date right? Which is basically launch. Pretty sure ratchet is launch window and also had no date. It's tactical release of information.


According to whom?

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by captain red dog » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:03 pm

I didn't really enjoy the first game, I'm not entirely sure why. I found it a bit too similar to other games I guess. Might have to dig out my copy and give it a fair chance so I'm up to date with the story.

This game looks mightily impressive. I really adore the colour palette they seem to be using. It gives the series a very unique look.

User avatar
DaveDS
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by DaveDS » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:09 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
DaveDS wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:Did we get an indication of release date?

It'll be good to know when to expect Breath of the Wild 2 to release


Nope.

I think Sony are back courting indies (hence why we had so many of them) because their first-party stuff isn't anywhere as far along as people assumed it would be. That's my biggest downer from last night's show – even fewer 2020 releases than I was expecting.


I think this is very far along, I'd go as far as to say launch window... :shifty: . They have been working on it for well over 3 years now.

Spider-man is the only 1st party game that had a release date right? Which is basically launch. Pretty sure ratchet is launch window and also had no date. It's tactical release of information.


According to whom?



It's not a confirmation I said pretty sure, so that's just my feeling, based on rumours and development time both for Ratchet but also for Sony supposedly having a few first party games ready for launch window. Insomoniac have had a second team working on something big since well before Spider-man was released.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Mafro » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:09 pm

captain red dog wrote:I didn't really enjoy the first game, I'm not entirely sure why. I found it a bit too similar to other games I guess. Might have to dig out my copy and give it a fair chance so I'm up to date with the story.

This game looks mightily impressive. I really adore the colour palette they seem to be using. It gives the series a very unique look.

For me it suffered due to coming out three days before Breath of the Wild. I played it for those three days and never went back to it because BotW was just so damn good.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Lagamorph » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:16 pm

The plot and backstory of the first was amazing, I'm really looking forward to the continuation of that and finding out more about the backstory of the game world.

I'm still convinced that Ted Faro is somehow still alive, having either put himself into suspended animation or uploaded his consciousness into an AI and that he was the one responsible for unshackling Hades.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:24 pm

This looks incredible. I have no doubt all of that was in game because of how good the first game looked.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:04 pm

Jenuall wrote:Still haven't got round to getting the original Horizon.

Sell it to me people - why do I need to care about this franchise?


Lagamorph wrote:The plot and backstory of the first was amazing, I'm really looking forward to the continuation of that and finding out more about the backstory of the game world.


I want more backstory if it's good. (Delivered in the same kind of way.) I worry it won't be and so I'm not sure I want it :lol:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:06 pm

DaveDS wrote:It's not a confirmation I said pretty sure, so that's just my feeling, based on rumours and development time both for Ratchet but also for Sony supposedly having a few first party games ready for launch window. Insomoniac have had a second team working on something big since well before Spider-man was released.


That's fine. Was wondering if they'd said something elsewhere is all. I hope you're right re tactical announcements/holding back news on other 2020 titles.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:12 pm

Plot speculation:

We see a trio of "meteors" entering the atmosphere in the trailer. Even though the AI sent up into space was said to be destroyed, I'm not so sure that it was. I think those meteors may be a sign of its return.

User avatar
DaveDS
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by DaveDS » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:20 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
DaveDS wrote:It's not a confirmation I said pretty sure, so that's just my feeling, based on rumours and development time both for Ratchet but also for Sony supposedly having a few first party games ready for launch window. Insomoniac have had a second team working on something big since well before Spider-man was released.


That's fine. Was wondering if they'd said something elsewhere is all. I hope you're right re tactical announcements/holding back news on other 2020 titles.



Just to confirm I consider launch window to be anything from day of launch to the day of PS6 launch...

:slol:

I think realistically launch window will be considered anything up to April 2021.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Lagamorph » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:23 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:Plot speculation:

We see a trio of "meteors" entering the atmosphere in the trailer. Even though the AI sent up into space was said to be destroyed, I'm not so sure that it was. I think those meteors may be a sign of its return.

It wasn't an AI sent to space. It was a colony ship that was launched by a company as an alternative to Project Zero Dawn. The first story states that they received notification that the ships engines had exploded and destroyed the ship, but it's certainly possible that was false and the ship survived with the colonists having survived the last thousand years and now seeking to reclaim the Earth.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:08 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:Plot speculation:

We see a trio of "meteors" entering the atmosphere in the trailer. Even though the AI sent up into space was said to be destroyed, I'm not so sure that it was. I think those meteors may be a sign of its return.

It wasn't an AI sent to space. It was a colony ship that was launched by a company as an alternative to Project Zero Dawn. The first story states that they received notification that the ships engines had exploded and destroyed the ship, but it's certainly possible that was false and the ship survived with the colonists having survived the last thousand years and now seeking to reclaim the Earth.


Yeah it's been a hot minute since I played. :slol:

The ship contained an AI, though. An earlier version of one of the ones on Earth - the one for educating the survivors, maybe. The ship could have exploded and the AI section survived in a slowly decaying orbit.

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Fade » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:01 pm

DaveDS wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
DaveDS wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:Did we get an indication of release date?

It'll be good to know when to expect Breath of the Wild 2 to release


Nope.

I think Sony are back courting indies (hence why we had so many of them) because their first-party stuff isn't anywhere as far along as people assumed it would be. That's my biggest downer from last night's show – even fewer 2020 releases than I was expecting.


I think this is very far along, I'd go as far as to say launch window... :shifty: . They have been working on it for well over 3 years now.

Spider-man is the only 1st party game that had a release date right? Which is basically launch. Pretty sure ratchet is launch window and also had no date. It's tactical release of information.


According to whom?



It's not a confirmation I said pretty sure, so that's just my feeling, based on rumours and development time both for Ratchet but also for Sony supposedly having a few first party games ready for launch window. Insomoniac have had a second team working on something big since well before Spider-man was released.

Did you not notice the gameplay sections said "pre alpha footage" that doesn't shout 6 months away to me.

Image

SW-0093-4365-9039
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:06 pm

An answer for that would be what they showed ≠ an indication of how far they are in development.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by BOR » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:11 pm

I loved Horizon Zero Dawn, so I'll like this and the new settings looks brilliant.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by Fade » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:An answer for that would be what they showed ≠ an indication of how far they are in development.

Another answer would be that the most obvious conclusion is probably correct.

Like when has a game ever shown pre alpha footage 6 months before launch?

Image

SW-0093-4365-9039
User avatar
DaveDS
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Forbidden West
by DaveDS » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:00 pm

DF confirm it's realtime, used same exact example as me I might add :slol: , but believe it's not using CBR and is native 4K. Interesting.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DaveDS, HaruKazuhira, Jezo, Joer, mysteriousdave, Robbo-92, Trelliz, Tsunade, Zilnad and 69 guests