Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by Wedgie » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:52 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:I've yet to play Resi 7 and I may pick it up in the sale seeing as we're approaching Halloween. Is the DLC any good or should I just stick with the standard version?


I've been told that they're decent, and shows a link to the main RE story.

I too, haven't finished it. It's too scary in VR. Funny enough I played it without the VR and found it okay.

So I'll probably stick to the VR and try to finish the damn game.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by KjGarly » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:56 pm

RE7 in VR is the best way to play the game and the best version of the game. Had a wee break from Dead Space 2 to finish off Alan Wake on PC so that's another horror game done this month and now back to DS2, again so much better than 3 and looks better too!

Image

Image

And then there's Resident Evil 5 which I was wanting to get on Switch and be another Halloween game to play but I can play it at 4K/60 fps and use ENB/SweetFX to remove that horrible tint the game has and improve the look of it. Bah!

Image

Image
Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by Gemini73 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:49 pm

KjGarly wrote:RE7 in VR is the best way to play the game and the best version of the game. Had a wee break from Dead Space 2 to finish off Alan Wake on PC so that's another horror game done this month and now back to DS2, again so much better than 3 and looks better too!

Image

Image

And then there's Resident Evil 5 which I was wanting to get on Switch and be another Halloween game to play but I can play it at 4K/60 fps and use ENB/SweetFX to remove that horrible tint the game has and improve the look of it. Bah!

Image


How's RE5 solo? Is it playable or a complete ballache?

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by Wedgie » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:05 pm

Well it’s not too bad in Solo but I remember that I was setting up mines for a boss battle, and the daft bint just went and picked them all up. :lol:

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by Gemini73 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:14 pm

Wedgie wrote:Well it’s not too bad in Solo but I remember that I was setting up mines for a boss battle, and the daft bint just went and picked them all up. :lol:


:lol:

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by KjGarly » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:50 pm

Never had a problem in solo, in fact I've owned the game since its original release on various consoles/PC and not once did I play co-op with anyone. Always been solo.

Image
Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by Gemini73 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:29 pm

KjGarly wrote:Never had a problem in solo, in fact I've owned the game since its original release on various consoles/PC and not once did I play co-op with anyone. Always been solo.


I have it on PC but never tried it but often read it fairs a lot better in co-op so didn't want the frustration of solo player. I'll give it a try then.

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by KjGarly » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:39 pm

Gemini73 wrote:
KjGarly wrote:Never had a problem in solo, in fact I've owned the game since its original release on various consoles/PC and not once did I play co-op with anyone. Always been solo.


I have it on PC but never tried it but often read it fairs a lot better in co-op so didn't want the frustration of solo player. I'll give it a try then.


If you do download it seeing as it's the PC version Google Resident Evil 5 enb mod, think it was by spektra (tru colour) and it's a simple plug and play (extract rar file directly into game installation folder and that's it, looks so much better) also I had to download a GFWL fix as it wouldn't start after downloading through Steam which was odd.

Image
Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by Gemini73 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:49 am

KjGarly wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:
KjGarly wrote:Never had a problem in solo, in fact I've owned the game since its original release on various consoles/PC and not once did I play co-op with anyone. Always been solo.


I have it on PC but never tried it but often read it fairs a lot better in co-op so didn't want the frustration of solo player. I'll give it a try then.


If you do download it seeing as it's the PC version Google Resident Evil 5 enb mod, think it was by spektra (tru colour) and it's a simple plug and play (extract rar file directly into game installation folder and that's it, looks so much better) also I had to download a GFWL fix as it wouldn't start after downloading through Steam which was odd.


Nice one! 8-)

User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by imbusydoctorwho » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:11 pm

Just to love playing Silent Hill Shattered Memories on the Wii every Halloween, man that was a brilliant game.

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by ITSMILNER » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:45 am

It’s coming up to that time of year again! Anyone planning on playing any spooky games next month? Any traditions for things you play around Halloween?

I might actually revisit Dead Space next month. I also have Outlast 2 on Switch which i haven’t played yet so may try that out.

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by Skarjo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:58 am

I'll be playing Amnesia; Rebirth this year I reckon.

:datass:

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:53 am

Resi 7 VR ( :dread: ) and the Room VR. I was going to play Man of Medan too, but i couldn't wait and have already gone through it in three days :oops:

Image
Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by Zilnad » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:11 am

I wasn't planning on playing anything spooky but if I do, it'll probably be Amnesia as it's been years since I played it originally.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by Victor Mildew » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:29 am

Crazy it's been nearly a year since Luigi's mansion 3 came out.

We'll probably play soemthing naff like Friday the 13th as it was free on plus and if it's gooseberry fool, only playing for a few hours is no big deal. I keep saying I'll play resi 7 in VR, but I know I'll chicken out!

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by Knoyleo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:34 am

Skarjo wrote:I'll be playing Amnesia; Rebirth this year I reckon.

:datass:

Is this a new game, or a remake of the original?

Either way, I still need to actually play Dark Decent, it's been in my Steam library for years, but I never spent much more than about an hour on it.

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by Skarjo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:36 am

Knoyleo wrote:
Skarjo wrote:I'll be playing Amnesia; Rebirth this year I reckon.

:datass:

Is this a new game, or a remake of the original?

Either way, I still need to actually play Dark Decent, it's been in my Steam library for years, but I never spent much more than about an hour on it.


Brand new from the looks of it.



I really liked the original, and I thought the sequel was fine, and for a tenner on Steam you can't go too wrong.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
taha16
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by taha16 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:07 am

I Played RE2 remake last halloween and it was worth every penny.

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by KjGarly » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:13 am

ITSMILNER wrote:It’s coming up to that time of year again! Anyone planning on playing any spooky games next month? Any traditions for things you play around Halloween?

I might actually revisit Dead Space next month. I also have Outlast 2 on Switch which i haven’t played yet so may try that out.


The Dead Space Trilogy and Resident Evil 2 & 3 Remakes are perma installed on my PC and DS Trilogy has been a tradition for me to run through over Halloween so likely that.

Recent 3DS repurchase so possibly Luigis Mansion 1 - 3 run through if i can.

Image
Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Horror Games for Halloween - Spooktacular games list p1
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:20 am

I'm doing a 24 hour playthrough of the Resident Evil series in October for charity, to see how many I can get through(not including 5 or 6).

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: D_C, Fade, Frank, Godzilla, JediDragon05, jiggles, Joer, Mafro, Monkey Man, OldSoulCyborg, shy guy 64, TonyDA, Zilnad and 84 guests