Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - 20/11/20

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostHyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - 20/11/20
by Tomous » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:02 pm


Last edited by Tomous on Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Mafro » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:02 pm


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Tomous » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:04 pm

This looks a really good idea to me.

Playing as the champions :datass:


Given when the game is set though, it must end with you losing :lol:

Image
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:08 pm

Nice little announcement, look forward to seeing more

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Balladeer » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:09 pm

Just casually throwing that out there...

So that’s the Christmas game then! It’s not for me but it’s a nice surprise given that I honestly expected nothing else this year.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Jenuall » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:10 pm

Never played a Warriors game before but this looks really cool!

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Tomous » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:11 pm

Balladeer wrote:Just casually throwing that out there...

So that’s the Christmas game then! It’s not for me but it’s a nice surprise given that I honestly expected nothing else this year.



To be honest, I wouldn't rule them out announcing something more for Christmas at this point.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by OrangeRKN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:12 pm

I am very on board with this

Hyrule Warriors was so good I bought all three iterations of it and each felt worth it. It also had the most content in any game ever and I never came close to exhausting it, so it kind of felt like a sequel was unnecessary - but this looks to be a lot more focused in setting and story which will hopefully justify it. I'm definitely excited - and it's coming so soon!

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by OrangeRKN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:13 pm

Jenuall wrote:Never played a Warriors game before but this looks really cool!


Like, at all?

You're missing out if so, it's practically a genre to itself

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Jenuall » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:14 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Never played a Warriors game before but this looks really cool!


Like, at all?

You're missing out if so, it's practically a genre to itself

Nope, I believe I played a demo of one of the Dynasty Warriors games back on PS2 but that was it!

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Tomous » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:16 pm

Nintendo really wouldn't have had that bad an E3 when you consider they would have announced Pokemon Snap, Paper Mario, Mario 3D All Stars, 3D World, Pikmin 3, Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart Home Circuit.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Tomous » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:19 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:I am very on board with this

Hyrule Warriors was so good I bought all three iterations of it and each felt worth it. It also had the most content in any game ever and I never came close to exhausting it, so it kind of felt like a sequel was unnecessary - but this looks to be a lot more focused in setting and story which will hopefully justify it. I'm definitely excited - and it's coming so soon!



I think this like a much more cohesive game than the first-which I did like, but it was all over the place. The setting they've chosen works perfectly for Warriors, it really couldn't be a better fit.

Image

:nod:


I also clocked this is coming in just under 16GB, expecting this to have a lot of cut scenes.

Last edited by Tomous on Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Qikz » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:19 pm

This looks so strawberry floating good. Hot damn!

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Jenuall » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:24 pm

Hadn't realised that the previous game had been ported to Switch as well. Thought I might check that out before this new one is released, it's a few years old so I can probably pick it up cheap ... oh no it's £49.99.

Oh Nintendo! :lol:

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by OrangeRKN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:26 pm

Tomous wrote:I think this like a much more cohesive game than the first-which I did like, but it was all over the place. The setting they've chosen works perfectly for Warriors, it really couldn't be a better fit.


I wouldn't say it was a bad fit for the original, it was very deliberately made as a celebration of the series in general hence the plot written to link (lol) all of the timelines and characters together. That resulted in a diverse cast of characters and locations befitting a warriors crossover.

Now that already exists, it sort of opens up the opportunity for a game like this without leaving me disappointed in the apparently more limited (but one presumes deeper) focus.

I imagine this will appeal much more to those who put more of a value on the story, so that's cool!

Jenuall wrote:Hadn't realised that the previous game had been ported to Switch as well. Thought I might check that out before this new one is released, it's a few years old so I can probably pick it up cheap ... oh no it's £49.99.

Oh Nintendo! :lol:


lols

As I say there are literally hundreds of hours of content to it if you want it with all of the challenge maps, but even the main story alone (+ rolled in DLC from previous releases) will take at least a dozen hours and probably more, so the value proposition isn't bad.

You'd probably be better looking for it preowned I'd imagine. Switch is the best version with the most content, followed by 3DS and then WiiU (which has DLC). Avoid the 3DS version unless you have a New 3DS though because it isn't but should be a New 3DS only game - I'm pretty sure not only does it run badly on a regular 3DS, but you have less enemies on screen too, which is sort of the point of the game.

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Mafro » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:27 pm

Playable Urbosa.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Tomous » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:28 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
Tomous wrote:I think this like a much more cohesive game than the first-which I did like, but it was all over the place. The setting they've chosen works perfectly for Warriors, it really couldn't be a better fit.


I wouldn't say it was a bad fit for the original, it was very deliberately made as a celebration of the series in general hence the plot written to link (lol) all of the timelines and characters together. That resulted in a diverse cast of characters and locations befitting a warriors crossover.

Now that already exists, it sort of opens up the opportunity for a game like this without leaving me disappointed in the apparently more limited (but one presumes deeper) focus.

I imagine this will appeal much more to those who put more of a value on the story, so that's cool!



Yep, agree all round.

And the Breath of the Wild setting will definitely get people interested. I'm kinda surprised they didn't use BOTW in the title to be honest.

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Balladeer » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:29 pm

Jenuall wrote:Hadn't realised that the previous game had been ported to Switch as well.

But it was a Wii U game.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Jenuall » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:29 pm

Tomous wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:
Tomous wrote:I think this like a much more cohesive game than the first-which I did like, but it was all over the place. The setting they've chosen works perfectly for Warriors, it really couldn't be a better fit.


I wouldn't say it was a bad fit for the original, it was very deliberately made as a celebration of the series in general hence the plot written to link (lol) all of the timelines and characters together. That resulted in a diverse cast of characters and locations befitting a warriors crossover.

Now that already exists, it sort of opens up the opportunity for a game like this without leaving me disappointed in the apparently more limited (but one presumes deeper) focus.

I imagine this will appeal much more to those who put more of a value on the story, so that's cool!



Yep, agree all round.

And the Breath of the Wild setting will definitely get people interested. I'm kinda surprised they didn't use BOTW in the title to be honest.

Yeah I was surprised by that, the more the video went on the more it seemed like this was so heavily tied to BOTW that it was almost doing it a disservice to not make that connection more overt in the naming

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
by Jenuall » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:29 pm

Balladeer wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Hadn't realised that the previous game had been ported to Switch as well.

But it was a Wii U game.

Good point! :lol:

Image

Return to “Games”