I love all races and peoples, but....

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Pattybean
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: insert 10p to continue
Location: The Tower

PostI love all races and peoples, but....
by Pattybean » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:27 am

Why are some people such dicks? From the white supremacist to the sharia law spouting Muslims?! When will human kind, as Petercrisp's sig suggests (ok its star trek) but seriously do you think humans as a species will ever move to an all embracing culture? I don't we are our own worst enemy! Why not come together as a species and push say, nuclear fusion or space exploration? I honestly think we live in the shittest times ever! Too old to explore the earth too young to explore the galaxy! Right now we need more focus to "level up" as a species! What would you change? Where are we going wrong? And most importantly why does it matter on a not so popular gaming forum!!

Image
NEON MASTER RACE
pattybean - SW1164-1565-3232
User avatar
TheTurnipKing
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by TheTurnipKing » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:00 am

Insert 10p to continue wrote:Why are some people such dicks? From the white supremacist to the sharia law spouting Muslims?! When will human kind, as Petercrisp's sig suggests (ok its star trek) but seriously do you think humans as a species will ever move to an all embracing culture? I don't we are our own worst enemy! Why not come together as a species and push say, nuclear fusion or space exploration? I honestly think we live in the shittest times ever! Too old to explore the earth too young to explore the galaxy! Right now we need more focus to "level up" as a species! What would you change? Where are we going wrong? And most importantly why does it matter on a not so popular gaming forum!!

Maybe we could work on addressing the problems in our own culture first before we complain about others? Like the fact that we largely maintain our standard of living on the back of crippling third world debt?

User avatar
Jenko
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by Jenko » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:11 am

Start with this forum, a lot of people here are pricks.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by Moggy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:56 am

Jenko wrote:Start with this forum, a lot of people here are pricks.


I know, some people kill other peoples pets, just because their cousin is getting some and they are not.

User avatar
Jenko
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by Jenko » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 am

Moggy wrote:
Jenko wrote:Start with this forum, a lot of people here are pricks.


I know, some people kill other peoples pets, just because their cousin is getting some and they are not.


I'm a eunuch, I don't care for sex

User avatar
1cmanny1
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: New Zealand

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by 1cmanny1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:39 am

Nuke the Aussies, then we can talk about global peace.

Image
User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by abcd » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 am

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by Qikz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:53 am

Remove religion, only then humanity can finally work together on something.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
TheTurnipKing
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by TheTurnipKing » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 am

You can usually only get that many people to work together if you appeal to a common denominator. Which is historically religion.

User avatar
1cmanny1
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: New Zealand

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by 1cmanny1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:02 am

Forget Norway.

Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by Death's Head » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:05 am

Insert 10p to continue wrote:but seriously do you think humans as a species will ever move to an all embracing culture?
I can only see this happening if there was some global ruler so people are forced to embrace rules and regulations. Something to look forward to I guess....

Yes?
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by Errkal » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:06 am

Groups of people work best together when against a common enemy,

So, when we are attacked by an alien race and have to fight for global survival we will then work together and become one people, so will be a while yet.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by Death's Head » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:09 am

Errkal wrote:So, when we are attacked by an alien race and have to fight for global survival we will then work together and become one people, so will be a while yet.

Or be enslaved and all war is ended!

If we did all band together and were successful, how long before people split up again? Not very long I'm guessing.

Yes?
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by Errkal » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:13 am

Death's Head wrote:
Errkal wrote:So, when we are attacked by an alien race and have to fight for global survival we will then work together and become one people, so will be a while yet.

Or be enslaved and all war is ended!

If we did all band together and were successful, how long before people split up again? Not very long I'm guessing.


True, I don't imagine it would be long, once there is a threat to survival people stop banding together and go back to their own groups. Its part of our nature we are pack creatures and that instinct is still a big part of us.

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by Venom » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:21 am

1cmanny1 wrote:Nuke the Aussies, then we can talk about global peace.


I'm not racist but... I've met a lot of Australian people and I can't help but think there is something... different, about them.

User avatar
1cmanny1
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: New Zealand

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by 1cmanny1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:24 am

Venom wrote:
1cmanny1 wrote:Nuke the Aussies, then we can talk about global peace.


I'm not racist but... I've met a lot of Australian people and I can't help but think there is something... different, about them.


BFF :wub:

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by Tafdolphin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:25 am

Of all the antipodeans I've met, 70% have been Aussies, 30% Kiwis. The Kiwis were all, to a man/woman, strawberry floating weirdos. The Aussies were all lovely.

That's just my personal experience though.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by Moggy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:32 am

Tafdolphin wrote:Of all the antipodeans I've met, 70% have been Aussies, 30% Kiwis. The Kiwis were all, to a man/woman, strawberry floating weirdos. The Aussies were all lovely.

That's just my personal experience though.


How can you tell the difference? They sound exactly the same. :shifty:

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by Dual » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:58 am

Image

User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: I love all races and peoples, but....
by Meep » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:05 pm

For centuries different societies and cultural norms have developed to suit different enviroments and curcumstances across the world, however now global communications and travel mean that none of these cultures exists within a closed ecosystem any more. The result is like introducing alien species into new habitat, mass upset ensues. Seriously, can you think of a single instance of one culture making close contact with another in human history that did not result in some form of destruction and/or change for one or both parties?
The level of violence and clashing ideals in the world today should hardly come as a surprise.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: darksideby182, floydfreak, Lime, Mafro, Mintoisgod, Tsunade and 62 guests