God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95 - Near 2 hour making of doc out now

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95 - All the GotYs
by KjGarly » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:57 pm

Wedgie wrote:I hope they do a follow up to this next.

Probably using the same map, and access to other realms that the game says Odin has blocked access to.

Probably would fight against Thor, Odin etc.

Or the fact that the boy is called MASSIVE SPOILER READ AT YOUR OWN RISKLoki at end of the game.


Did you make your way back to Kratos and Boys home after finishing the game?

Image
Image Image
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95 - All the GotYs
by Wedgie » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:30 pm

KjGarly wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I hope they do a follow up to this next.

Probably using the same map, and access to other realms that the game says Odin has blocked access to.

Probably would fight against Thor, Odin etc.

Or the fact that the boy is called MASSIVE SPOILER READ AT YOUR OWN RISKLoki at end of the game.


Did you make your way back to Kratos and Boys home after finishing the game?


Yeah I did. Never went in though as I went off on a mission to collect all the collectibles.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95 - All the GotYs
by BOR » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Wedgie wrote:
KjGarly wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I hope they do a follow up to this next.

Probably using the same map, and access to other realms that the game says Odin has blocked access to.

Probably would fight against Thor, Odin etc.

Or the fact that the boy is called MASSIVE SPOILER READ AT YOUR OWN RISKLoki at end of the game.


Did you make your way back to Kratos and Boys home after finishing the game?


Yeah I did. Never went in though as I went off on a mission to collect all the collectibles.

You should go in. :)

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95 - All the GotYs
by IAmTheSaladMan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:04 pm

Wedgie wrote:Phew, finished, with the platinum unlocked.

Valkyrie Queen is blooming tough even on easy. Must have took many tries but damn that battle is epic and tough. Imagine how tough it’ll be on the highest difficulty... must be a nightmare.

The only gripe I have with the game is the bloody grinding for rare items to open up chests and close realm tears, whilst getting slowly poisoned in a randomised corridors.

This would be in my top 10 games of 2018.


I had to go down to easy for the last Valkyrie too (well the last few actually). I just got sick of dying time and time again.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95 - All the GotYs
by Saint of Killers » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:27 pm

BOR wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
KjGarly wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I hope they do a follow up to this next.

Probably using the same map, and access to other realms that the game says Odin has blocked access to.

Probably would fight against Thor, Odin etc.

Or the fact that the boy is called MASSIVE SPOILER READ AT YOUR OWN RISKLoki at end of the game.


Did you make your way back to Kratos and Boys home after finishing the game?


Yeah I did. Never went in though as I went off on a mission to collect all the collectibles.

You should go in. :)


.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95 - All the GotYs
by Wedgie » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:31 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
BOR wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
KjGarly wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I hope they do a follow up to this next.

Probably using the same map, and access to other realms that the game says Odin has blocked access to.

Probably would fight against Thor, Odin etc.

Or the fact that the boy is called MASSIVE SPOILER READ AT YOUR OWN RISKLoki at end of the game.


Did you make your way back to Kratos and Boys home after finishing the game?


Yeah I did. Never went in though as I went off on a mission to collect all the collectibles.

You should go in. :)


.


I’ll install it again just for that lol

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95 - All the GotYs
by Saint of Killers » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:38 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
BOR wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
KjGarly wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I hope they do a follow up to this next.

Probably using the same map, and access to other realms that the game says Odin has blocked access to.

Probably would fight against Thor, Odin etc.

Or the fact that the boy is called MASSIVE SPOILER READ AT YOUR OWN RISKLoki at end of the game.


Did you make your way back to Kratos and Boys home after finishing the game?


Yeah I did. Never went in though as I went off on a mission to collect all the collectibles.

You should go in. :)


.


I’ll install it again just for that lol


:lol: Well, maybe just look it up on YouTube then. But you do want to see it.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95 - All the GotYs
by Wedgie » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:05 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
BOR wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
KjGarly wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I hope they do a follow up to this next.

Probably using the same map, and access to other realms that the game says Odin has blocked access to.

Probably would fight against Thor, Odin etc.

Or the fact that the boy is called MASSIVE SPOILER READ AT YOUR OWN RISKLoki at end of the game.


Did you make your way back to Kratos and Boys home after finishing the game?


Yeah I did. Never went in though as I went off on a mission to collect all the collectibles.

You should go in. :)


.


I’ll install it again just for that lol


:lol: Well, maybe just look it up on YouTube then. But you do want to see it.


Oh my.

One thing that baffles me. "Years Later." You mean that Kratos and THE BOY has been sleeping all that time? :lol: Then I saw the axe hanging up so not really.

Of course the BIG twist of the game is actually The Boy is Loki. Which I have slowly realised that it does make sense if you know your Norse mythology. Loki's child is the World Serpent, and in the game the giant World Serpent says he knows the boy, and it was revealed that the giant thing was send back in by accident after a huge battle with Thor in Ragnarok.

Also in the Norse mythology, Loki kills Baldur. In the game, Loki/The Boy did have a hand in Baldur's death.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95 - All the GotYs
by BOR » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:01 pm

BOR wrote:I believe it got ten nominations for BATFAs Awards. :o

They have won five of them tonight.

It is an incredible achievement. :toot:

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95 - All the GotYs
by Saint of Killers » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:46 am

BOR wrote:
BOR wrote:I believe it got ten nominations for BATFAs Awards. :o

They have won five of them tonight.

It is an incredible achievement. :toot:


In one of the awards (performer) 4 of the 6 nominations were for God of War :lol: Chap who played Balder won it.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95 - All the GotYs; wins 5 BAFTAs inc. Best Game
by Saint of Killers » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:07 pm



In this 2019 GDC session, Sony Santa Monica's Cory Barlog explains why the road to creating a new God of War was a seemingly endless climb up an impossibly enormous mountain, filled with countless gut-wrenching failures and joyfully sweet successes.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95
by Saint of Killers » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:29 pm





edit: oops I got the wrong end of that stick :lol:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95
by BOR » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:23 am

It should be good and interesting to watch how they did it.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95
by Saint of Killers » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:13 am


| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95
by Tomous » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:20 am

Tempted to pick this up but I’ve never played a fame in the series before. Will that matter for the story?

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95
by Saint of Killers » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:32 am

Tomous wrote:Tempted to pick this up but I’ve never played a fame in the series before. Will that matter for the story?


Only in a few scenes but not the overarching game, and you'll get the context of said scenes very quickly. Get on it. If it bothers you, read a synopsis of the other game on Wikipedia?

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95
by IAmTheSaladMan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:04 pm

Slightly off topic but did anybody here play God of War: Betrayal? It was available on old Java enabled mobile phones.

It came out in 2007 and get the impression it is largely forgotten. I’ve not played it myself but just watched a video of it and for an old mobile phone game it looks to be a pretty faithful adaptation of the series.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95
by Saint of Killers » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:38 pm

How God Of War’s Most Impactful Moment Almost Didn’t Happen

Very spoilery. Don't click if you haven't yet been re-uinted with 2 old friends in the game.


| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95
by Saint of Killers » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:28 pm


| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95
by NickSCFC » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Image

Image
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, Crimson, D_C, FatDaz, HSH28, ITSMILNER, Met, PaperMacheMario, Photek, Saint of Killers and 47 guests