Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:14 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Ah, I see, you have to view it in proportion.


Proportionally is the only sensible way to view it

By your logic, my hand is "closer" in size to an atom than it is to my body

Well yes, it is. I'm not sure I can claim it as 'my' logic :lol:. I'm just looking at things in their actual size, rather than in proportion to each other. You're looking at it the other way round and you know what, that's cool, we can still be buddies.

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:16 pm

Albear wrote:Oblov thinks atoms are 3 feet tall.

Lol

Just like a big old Acme atom bomb! Death to the Roadrunner!

Image

Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Ironhide » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:18 pm

Knoyleo wrote:What's heavier, 1kg of sun, or 1kg of atoms?


1kg is the same weight regardless of what you're weighing.

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Frank » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:22 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:What's heavier, 1kg of sun, or 1kg of atoms?


1kg is the same weight regardless of what you're weighing.


Image

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Victor Mildew » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:22 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:What's heavier, 1kg of sun, or 1kg of atoms?


1kg is the same weight regardless of what you're weighing.


Thatsthejoke.jpg

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Ironhide » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:23 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:What's heavier, 1kg of sun, or 1kg of atoms?


1kg is the same weight regardless of what you're weighing.


Thatsthejoke.jpg


Thatsthejoke.jpg

:shifty:

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Moggy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:25 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:What's heavier, 1kg of sun, or 1kg of atoms?


1kg is the same weight regardless of what you're weighing.


Depends when it was weighed.

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/why ... 51.article

Image
User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Karl_ » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:35 pm

Frank wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:What's heavier, 1kg of sun, or 1kg of atoms?


1kg is the same weight regardless of what you're weighing.


Image


Haha. I'm just joking?

...

:(

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Mafro » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Image
Image

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Welcome to the party, pal

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Chocolate-Milk » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:56 pm

Kalagrams

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Skarjo » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:19 am

I’m sure there’s a variation on the ‘kg of this vs kg of that’ thing where you say ‘a pound of feathers or a pound of gold’ and the answer is actually feathers because gold has its own proprietary ‘pound’ measurement that is slightly lighter called a Troy pound or something.

Great way to get decked is that one.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Parksey » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:26 am

Troy Pound has been in some of my favourite... "movies".

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Cuttooth » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:31 am

Parksey wrote:Troy Pound has been in some of my favourite... "movies".

The Ili-stepdad

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Moggy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:31 am

Parksey wrote:Troy Pound has been in some of my favourite... "movies".


I prefer Athens Euro.

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Knoyleo » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:35 am

Cuttooth wrote:
Parksey wrote:Troy Pound has been in some of my favourite... "movies".

The Ili-stepdad

Homer's Odd-DP

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by OrangeRKN » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:42 am

Could be the title of a modern Simpson's episode

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Potterton
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Potterton » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:40 pm

Moggy wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:What's heavier, 1kg of sun, or 1kg of atoms?


1kg is the same weight regardless of what you're weighing.


Depends when it was weighed.

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/why ... 51.article


That's actually my day job (I'm part of a team developing the UK's realisation of the new kg) when I'm not just browsing a gaming forum :slol:. This is clearly fate's way of telling me to stop skiving off and get back to work.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Moggy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:42 pm

Potterton wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:What's heavier, 1kg of sun, or 1kg of atoms?


1kg is the same weight regardless of what you're weighing.


Depends when it was weighed.

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/why ... 51.article


That's actually my day job (I'm part of a team developing the UK's realisation of the new kg) when I'm not just browsing a gaming forum :slol:. This is clearly fate's way of telling me to stop skiving off and get back to work.


Sounds heavy man.

Image
User avatar
Potterton
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Potterton » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:43 pm

Moggy wrote:
Potterton wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:What's heavier, 1kg of sun, or 1kg of atoms?


1kg is the same weight regardless of what you're weighing.


Depends when it was weighed.

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/why ... 51.article


That's actually my day job (I'm part of a team developing the UK's realisation of the new kg) when I'm not just browsing a gaming forum :slol:. This is clearly fate's way of telling me to stop skiving off and get back to work.


Sounds heavy man.


It really is a massive weight on my mind.

User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Interesting facts that sound like utter bollocks
by Albear » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:44 pm

Try lightening up a bit,


Return to “Stuff”