Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Vermilion » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:27 pm

Jenuall wrote:Either that or y'know just play all the stuff that I already own ad infinitum!


Reggie Wilson plays the lift music classics?

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Moggy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:29 pm

Tomous wrote:Been hitting up Oasis on Spotify this pm because of this thread.

Is his band High Flying Birds actually called "Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds" :lol: :fp:


The full name of Liam's solo projects is "Liam Gallagher's Super Shotgun That Kills Birds No Matter How High The strawberry floaters Fly".

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:29 pm

If you want to be bored out of your strawberry floating mind, i reccomend a NGHFB gig. Went to see him at the CIA in cardiff a couple of years back, having seen oasis there several times. Now, the venue is always gooseberry fool, but the bands can often overcome this. Oasis was crazy, the place going nuts, everyone beaming. Noel, I swear to god you could hear the floor creaking in there over some of his songs. Nobody was getting in to it, a load of older scarf wearing middle class posh twats just standing there waiting for him to 'play the theme tune from the royal family'. I think the only proper sing along moment was during DLBIA, everything else was as dull as can be.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by more heat than light » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:31 pm

Tomous wrote:Stand By Me is an absolute belter


I genuinely think Stand By Me is the worst Oasis song. Certainly the worst single.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Jenuall » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:31 pm

Vermilion wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Either that or y'know just play all the stuff that I already own ad infinitum!


Reggie Wilson plays the lift music classics?

I'm more of a "Funking up Wagner" fan myself.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Ironhide » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:33 pm

Tomous wrote:Been hitting up Oasis on Spotify this pm because of this thread.


My condolences.

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:33 pm

more heat than light wrote:
Tomous wrote:Stand By Me is an absolute belter


I genuinely think Stand By Me is the worst Oasis song. Certainly the worst single.


You do remeber "who feels love", "the importance of being idle" and "songbird" were singles right? :dread:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Jenuall » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:36 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
more heat than light wrote:
Tomous wrote:Stand By Me is an absolute belter


I genuinely think Stand By Me is the worst Oasis song. Certainly the worst single.


You do remeber "who feels love", "the importance of being idle" and "songbird" were singles right? :dread:

Who Feels Love is shite but I'm quite partial to a bit of Importance of Being Idle.

Standing on the Shoulder of Giants has probably got the worst singles output IMO. Go Let it Out is the only one worth a listen.

User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Tomous » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:38 pm

more heat than light wrote:
Tomous wrote:Stand By Me is an absolute belter


I genuinely think Stand By Me is the worst Oasis song. Certainly the worst single.



Have you ever heard Little James?!

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Moggy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:39 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:If you want to be bored out of your strawberry floating mind, i reccomend a NGHFB gig. Went to see him at the CIA in cardiff a couple of years back, having seen oasis there several times. Now, the venue is always gooseberry fool, but the bands can often overcome this. Oasis was crazy, the place going nuts, everyone beaming. Noel, I swear to god you could hear the floor creaking in there over some of his songs. Nobody was getting in to it, a load of older scarf wearing middle class posh twats just standing there waiting for him to 'play the theme tune from the royal family'. I think the only proper sing along moment was during DLBIA, everything else was as dull as can be.


I saw him at the Bristol Downs mini festival a couple of years ago. It was a pretty good concert from what I remember, it helped that Paul Weller did a few songs with him.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Jenuall » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:40 pm

Tomous wrote:
more heat than light wrote:
Tomous wrote:Stand By Me is an absolute belter


I genuinely think Stand By Me is the worst Oasis song. Certainly the worst single.



Have you ever heard Little James?!

It's full on gooseberry fool. But it's not a single

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:40 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:
more heat than light wrote:
Tomous wrote:Stand By Me is an absolute belter


I genuinely think Stand By Me is the worst Oasis song. Certainly the worst single.


You do remeber "who feels love", "the importance of being idle" and "songbird" were singles right? :dread:

Who Feels Love is shite but I'm quite partial to a bit of Importance of Being Idle.

Standing on the Shoulder of Giants has probably got the worst singles output IMO. Go Let it Out is the only one worth a listen.


That album was dogshit on the whole, but there's a few good ones hidden in there. Gas panic being a forgotten great song.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Tomous » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:41 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Tomous wrote:
more heat than light wrote:
Tomous wrote:Stand By Me is an absolute belter


I genuinely think Stand By Me is the worst Oasis song. Certainly the worst single.



Have you ever heard Little James?!

It's full on gooseberry fool. But it's not a single



It was in response to it being the worst Oasis song.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Jenuall » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:43 pm

Tomous wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Tomous wrote:
more heat than light wrote:
Tomous wrote:Stand By Me is an absolute belter


I genuinely think Stand By Me is the worst Oasis song. Certainly the worst single.



Have you ever heard Little James?!

It's full on gooseberry fool. But it's not a single



It was in response to it being the worst Oasis song.

I get that, the qualifier "certainly the worst single" was added on the end though.

Purely on ranking all song output then Little James definitely wins for me.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:43 pm

That was such a terrible song :lol:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Tomous » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:44 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:If you want to be bored out of your strawberry floating mind, i reccomend a NGHFB gig. Went to see him at the CIA in cardiff a couple of years back, having seen oasis there several times. Now, the venue is always gooseberry fool, but the bands can often overcome this. Oasis was crazy, the place going nuts, everyone beaming. Noel, I swear to god you could hear the floor creaking in there over some of his songs. Nobody was getting in to it, a load of older scarf wearing middle class posh twats just standing there waiting for him to 'play the theme tune from the royal family'. I think the only proper sing along moment was during DLBIA, everything else was as dull as can be.




Oasis gigs were pretty mental. Always felt like everyone was on the verge having a fight, piss getting thrown round everywhere, good times.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Jenuall » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:45 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:
more heat than light wrote:
Tomous wrote:Stand By Me is an absolute belter


I genuinely think Stand By Me is the worst Oasis song. Certainly the worst single.


You do remeber "who feels love", "the importance of being idle" and "songbird" were singles right? :dread:

Who Feels Love is shite but I'm quite partial to a bit of Importance of Being Idle.

Standing on the Shoulder of Giants has probably got the worst singles output IMO. Go Let it Out is the only one worth a listen.


That album was dogshit on the whole, but there's a few good ones hidden in there. Gas panic being a forgotten great song.

Gas Panic is a bit of a dirge but it has more going for it than most of the album. I'd definitely rank it as their worst album

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by more heat than light » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 pm

In my defense I haven't listened to an Oasis album since Be Here Now. I know a couple of those singles, and they are indeed poop.

It's the bit in the chorus of Stand By Me that annoys me though, after he goes 'nobody knows, the way it's gonna be' and then there's these four cheesy chords. It properly grinds my gears.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by Jenuall » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:58 pm

It has got a fairly plodding pace to it that doesn't help.

♫ Made a MEEEEEAAALLLL and threw it uuuupppp oooonnnn SUUUNDAAAYYYY ♪

GET ON WITH IT!!!

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Last album you listened to and your rating feat. The Spotify Bitch
by more heat than light » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:02 pm

I have discussions about Oasis songs quite a bit as I work with the drummer from Noasis. He loves Stand By Me.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jordan UK and 132 guests