Last film you watched and your rating

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
CitizenErased
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by CitizenErased » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:34 am

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

At times incredibly boring, at other times the dialogue kinda makes up for the lack of anything happening, just about.

As with all of Quentin Tarantino's movies there is something there to keep you wanting to watch more and the ending is mental, but jesus it's a slog of a film.

Image/10

User avatar
floydfreak
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by floydfreak » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:19 am

Margot Robbie though

Image

:wub: :datass:

User avatar
Miguel007
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Miguel007 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:44 am

The Gentleman - 7/10; entertaining crime yarn by Guy Ritchie. Quality cast, not really a fan of Hugh Grant but thought he was great in this.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Squinty » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:13 am

CitizenErased wrote:Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

At times incredibly boring, at other times the dialogue kinda makes up for the lack of anything happening, just about.

As with all of Quentin Tarantino's movies there is something there to keep you wanting to watch more and the ending is mental, but jesus it's a slog of a film.

Image/10


Gotta be honest, I've always thought Tarantino is overrated.

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Captain Kinopio » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:16 pm

Lord of the Rings

FOTR: 10
TT: 9
ROTK: 10

The music doesn’t get anywhere enough credit for this trilogy.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Gemini73 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:22 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:Lord of the Rings

FOTR: 10
TT: 9
ROTK: 10

The music doesn’t get anywhere enough credit for this trilogy.


I haven't watched the LotR trilogy in a while. Think I'll make a return this month some time.

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Captain Kinopio » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:28 pm

I wonder if Disney will buy it up in the future and make a middling sequel trilogy and the cycle will be complete.

Not that I’d want to invite any comparison between this and the original Star Wars trilogy, because this gooseberry fools all over it from an enormous height.

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by more heat than light » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:21 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:Lord of the Rings

FOTR: 10
TT: 9
ROTK: 10

The music doesn’t get anywhere enough credit for this trilogy.


Exactly the same scores as I gave them in the previous film thread.

more heat than light wrote:The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 5/10
The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug - 8/10
The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies - 7/10
The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring - 10/10
The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers - 9/10
The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King - 10/10


Think I was a little generous with The Hobbit scores though.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Godzilla » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:36 pm

JoJo Rabbit - 10/10

Arguably his best film yet, which considering his filmography is bloody impressive. It combines a stunning cast with a very sharp script and some genuinely heartfelt moments. The star is exceptional and should get a nomination for this, as for a child actor he sells it all perfectly. Each of the the supporting cast work wonders with the smallest of scenes and the balance between comedy and tragedy is done perfectly.

One scene caught me off guard and was beautifully done as was another towards the close of the film. The music is inspired too.

It feels like a film that will age very well and shows a huge level of confidence in its style and choices.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
CitizenErased
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by CitizenErased » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:10 pm

floydfreak wrote:Margot Robbie though

Image

:wub: :datass:


Could not agree more, if it wasn't for her I probably would have switched it off.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Ironhide » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:37 pm

Godzilla wrote:JoJo Rabbit - 10/10

Arguably his best film yet, which considering his filmography is bloody impressive. It combines a stunning cast with a very sharp script and some genuinely heartfelt moments. The star is exceptional and should get a nomination for this, as for a child actor he sells it all perfectly. Each of the the supporting cast work wonders with the smallest of scenes and the balance between comedy and tragedy is done perfectly.

One scene caught me off guard and was beautifully done as was another towards the close of the film. The music is inspired too.

It feels like a film that will age very well and shows a huge level of confidence in its style and choices.


I've seen the trailer several times and still haven't got a strawberry floating clue what the film is actually about.

Doesn't appeal to me at all.

Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Captain Kinopio » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:52 pm

Shazam - 7

Surprisingly fun. Felt like this is the kind of vibe Aquaman was aiming for but massively missed. All the cast is great and while it’s especially funny it does have a lot of charm.


Just started watching Ready Player One having only seen it on a plane before. Is there a more obnoxious opening to a film ever. It’s so cringey :lol:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Moggy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:51 pm

Ding Dong Merrilly on Hide wrote:
Godzilla wrote:JoJo Rabbit - 10/10

Arguably his best film yet, which considering his filmography is bloody impressive. It combines a stunning cast with a very sharp script and some genuinely heartfelt moments. The star is exceptional and should get a nomination for this, as for a child actor he sells it all perfectly. Each of the the supporting cast work wonders with the smallest of scenes and the balance between comedy and tragedy is done perfectly.

One scene caught me off guard and was beautifully done as was another towards the close of the film. The music is inspired too.

It feels like a film that will age very well and shows a huge level of confidence in its style and choices.


I've seen the trailer several times and still haven't got a strawberry floating clue what the film is actually about.

Doesn't appeal to me at all.


Hitler buys a rabbit and gets involved in wacky adventures.

Image
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by That's not a growth » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:54 pm

strawberry floating spoilers, man.

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Vermilion » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:55 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:Hitler buys a rabbit and gets involved in wacky adventures.


That sounds a hell of a lot better than it probably is.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Squinty » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:04 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:Lord of the Rings

FOTR: 10
TT: 9
ROTK: 10

The music doesn’t get anywhere enough credit for this trilogy.


The various parts of RotK where the 'Into the West' motif plays :wub: :wub:

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Cuttooth » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:14 pm

Cuđđoolph wrote:Three Colours: White - AITA/10

The only one of the trilogy I haven’t seen but one I found myself surprisingly engaged in despite a reputation of typically being considered the weaker of the three films.

Watching Red tomorrow. :wub:

Red is still as great as the first time I watched it near enough exactly six years ago, and comfortably the best of the trilogy. I forgot how big a piece of gooseberry fool Valentine's boyfriend is. :lol:

The film's most memorable part still remains Kern's dream and the description of his life that mirrors Auguste's, with the implication at the end that the cosmic price of two soulmates finding each other is the death of over 1,400 people.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Squinty » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:28 pm

The Lion King 2019

Why.

5/10

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Captain Kinopio » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:57 pm

Squinty wrote:
Captain Kinopio wrote:Lord of the Rings

FOTR: 10
TT: 9
ROTK: 10

The music doesn’t get anywhere enough credit for this trilogy.


The various parts of RotK where the 'Into the West' motif plays :wub: :wub:


Doesn’t Into The West play over the credits?

Think there are 3 different parts of it which make me cry (at least as much as a film can make me cry) and for all of them the music is the trigger.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Tomous » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:59 pm

Squinty wrote:The Lion King 2019

Why.

5/10


$$$$$$$$$

Creatively bankrupt.


And not even well executed. Well, the CGI is to a technical level but the voice acting on the main characters is very poor. The Can You Feel The Love Tonight duet is abysmal.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abcd, Balladeer, Blue Eyes, Cuttooth, Lex-Man, Lime, massimo, Peter Crisp, Trelliz, Vermilion and 58 guests