Last film you watched and your rating

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by BOR » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:09 am

Ocean’s 8 - 6.5/10

Meh. It was little boring and a slow film.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Rex Kramer » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:17 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:Lego movie 2 - similar to the first movie / 10.

Positives are that it felt a lot like a continuation of the first film. The humour was the same and it was a decent watch.

Negatives are that it didn't improve on the first and due to being a sequel lacked that new feel.

Pretty much this, I'd probably give it a 6.5. I'm thinking they need to take some time off with these Lego movies, they've drained the well somewhat with Lego Ninjago, Lego Batman etc. They're fun but they're not special like Lego Movie was.

Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Gemini73 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:27 pm

John Wick 2

Absolutely mental film! :lol:

Loved it. 9/10


Alita Battle Angel (2019)

As a fan of the manga I was a tad apprehensive going into the cinema. Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised at not only how good it turned out, but how closely it followed the source material. I hope Cameron gets behind continuing with Alita's story.

9/10

Ghost in the Shell (2017)

Not as good as Alita and the ending felt a little rushed, but much better than I was lead to believe. Like Alita visually spectacular as well.

7/10

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by OrangeRKN » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:03 pm

I think Ghost in the Shell gets too much flak. As you say the visuals are excellent.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Jenuall » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:18 pm

Crazy Rich Asians - 8/10

A really good romantic comedy/drama. Doesn't really do anything that we haven't seen before, although placing it all against a culture which we don't tend to see much of in this genre helps to keep things fresh.

More than anything though it just made me really want to visit Singapore!

ImageImage
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Moggy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:22 pm

Jenuall wrote:More than anything though it just made me really want to visit Singapore!


I once spent an interesting night in Singapore airport. I don’t know what the rest of the country is like, but I can confirm the cleaners like to chat to you.

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Rocsteady » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:15 pm

Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:More than anything though it just made me really want to visit Singapore!


I once spent an interesting night in Singapore airport. I don’t know what the rest of the country is like, but I can confirm the cleaners like to chat to you.

And sex you up? How interesting are we talking?

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Moggy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:More than anything though it just made me really want to visit Singapore!


I once spent an interesting night in Singapore airport. I don’t know what the rest of the country is like, but I can confirm the cleaners like to chat to you.

And sex you up? How interesting are we talking?


Since when did “chat” mean “night of sordid passion”?

There was an old man there cleaning and he kept chatting to us every time he saw us. He was a lovely guy and had some fascinating stories about when he was a kid and the British taught him how to speak English, he remembered all the ships out on the water and then “woosh!” they were all gone as the Japanese arrived.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Jenuall » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:44 pm

Moggy wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:More than anything though it just made me really want to visit Singapore!


I once spent an interesting night in Singapore airport. I don’t know what the rest of the country is like, but I can confirm the cleaners like to chat to you.

And sex you up? How interesting are we talking?


Since when did “chat” mean “night of sordid passion”?

There was an old man there cleaning and he kept chatting to us every time he saw us. He was a lovely guy and had some fascinating stories about when he was a kid and the British taught him how to speak English, he remembered all the ships out on the water and then “woosh!” they were all gone as the Japanese arrived.


Sex workers that also teach history lessons, I really need to get myself to Singapore!

ImageImage
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Godzilla » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:23 pm

Battle Angel Alita - 8/10

Well that was surprisingly good. A lot was in the trailer but it still had a few good surprises and was very well made. Didn't like one scene but I wasn't meant too. Worth a look.

Wish my image sig would work
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Gemini73 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:56 pm

Godzilla wrote:Battle Angel Alita - 8/10

Well that was surprisingly good. A lot was in the trailer but it still had a few good surprises and was very well made. Didn't like one scene but I wasn't meant too. Worth a look.


Yeah very surprising how good Alita turned out. As I said above I hope they do more.

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Floex » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:05 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:I think Ghost in the Shell gets too much flak. As you say the visuals are excellent.


I dug the movie version, just wish it didn't dumb itself down.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by OrangeRKN » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:05 am

Sort of inevitable, but yeah it made the themes simple and surface deep which was definitely disappointing, and I get that that's the appeal of the original in a lot of ways.

Cinematically it does a good job of recreating some scenes from the original though, like the water fight

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Tafdolphin » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:29 am

I enjoyed Ghost in the Shell far more than I thought I would. It's a better film than Alita I'd say.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Godzilla » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:48 pm

Happy Death Day 2 U - 7/10

Not as good as the original but it does add to it. More sci fi than horror this time with the same likeable cast and interesting little twists.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Moggy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:09 pm

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - 9/10

I loved this, easily the best Spider-Man movie ever made. A spin off with Nic Cage needs to happen. :lol:

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:53 pm

Green Book

I think I enjoyed it so much because it felt like I was watching an episode of the Sopranos :wub:.

Not sure it fits quite into the outstanding category its accolade suggests, but it is certainly a good way to spend a couple of hours.

Image
User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Yubel » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Venom.

Better than I was expecting, enjoyed this quite a bit. And god damn I can't wait for Carnage to get out of prison.

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Cuttooth » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:59 am

Get Out - 8/10

The most satisfying final ten minutes of a film I've watched in years.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Moggy » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:06 am

Bohemian Rhapsody - 6.5/10

It’s an enjoyable film and Malek is great but it’s a very formulaic biopic. Good but nothing surprising or different from 100 other music biopics.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cuttooth, Denster, Dowbocop, Garth, Google [Bot], Lex-Man, Qikz, RichardUK, Robbo-92, zXe and 38 guests