Last film you watched and your rating

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Knoyleo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:14 pm

Parasite - *****

What a film. Really grips you the whole way through, and it manages to somehow constantly ratchet up the tension.

It reminded me a lot of Park Chan Wook's revenge trilogy, (Oldboy, Lady Vengeance, & Sympathy for Mr Vengeance,) in various places, but obviously a lot less gruesome than those are.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:11 pm

Rewatched Into The Spider-Verse tonight on Sky Cinema

It’s hands down the best interpretation of the character, I genuinely can only think of one thing I’d change about the whole film(Kingpin looking like two refrigerators stacked on top of one another). Probably starting to encroach on my all time top two or three movies now. :oops:

Image
User avatar
floydfreak
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by floydfreak » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:45 pm

Copland - 8/10

a really good cop movie with great performances by Sly, Ray Liotta. De Niro Harvey Kietel is so such an unlikable character in this. Its a good urban western.

Also several cast members went to star in The Sopranos

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:18 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:Rewatched Into The Spider-Verse tonight on Sky Cinema

It’s hands down the best interpretation of the character, I genuinely can only think of one thing I’d change about the whole film(Kingpin looking like two refrigerators stacked on top of one another). Probably starting to encroach on my all time top two or three movies now. :oops:


Don’t be embarrassed. It’s a great film. Saw it twice at the cinema.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Pedz » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:32 am

OK, I watched Rise of Skywalker today. This is going to sound really weird, but I disliked it more than Episode 8 and I disliked episode 8, but somehow was more entertained. I don't know how, because it was bad.

Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Zilnad » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:24 am

Pedz wrote:OK, I watched Rise of Skywalker today. This is going to sound really weird, but I disliked it more than Episode 8 and I disliked episode 8, but somehow was more entertained. I don't know how, because it was bad.


Not weird at all, I think you're in the majority there.

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by That's not a growth » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:41 am

Might be you enjoyed the set pieces individually, but as a film and as the conclusion to a 9 film series it just didn't work or even make a lot of sense.

User avatar
Joer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Joer » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:33 am

Episode 9 had set pieces?!

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Victor Mildew » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:35 am

Joer wrote:Episode 9 had set pieces?!


You probably blinked and missed 10 of them.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Vermilion » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:43 pm

I actually enjoyed it, though that might have been because i had pretty low expectations anyways.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Moggy » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:22 pm

Joer wrote:Episode 9 had set pieces?!


Did you miss Kylo flicking the free kick into the box for Yoda to slot it into the net?

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Jenuall » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:29 pm

Moggy wrote:
Joer wrote:Episode 9 had set pieces?!


Did you miss Kylo flicking the free kick into the box for Yoda to slot it into the net?

Don't know how anyone could forget, crowd went strawberry floating wild for it as well
Image

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Moggy » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:36 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Joer wrote:Episode 9 had set pieces?!


Did you miss Kylo flicking the free kick into the box for Yoda to slot it into the net?

Don't know how anyone could forget, crowd went strawberry floating wild for it as well
Image


It went to VAR, but the ref ruled out force interference. It didn't stop Harry Palpatine bitching though.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Jenuall » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:45 pm

Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Joer wrote:Episode 9 had set pieces?!


Did you miss Kylo flicking the free kick into the box for Yoda to slot it into the net?

Don't know how anyone could forget, crowd went strawberry floating wild for it as well
Image


It went to VAR, but the ref ruled out force interference. It didn't stop Harry Palpatine bitching though.

I think the goal would have stood if Yoda hadn't been so obvious about trying to influence the refs decision.
Image

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Squinty » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:26 pm

The Man with the Golden Gun - Britt Ekland/10

I really liked Oddjob in this.

Image

User avatar
Fruits Punch Samurai
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Oswaldtwistle
Contact:

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Fruits Punch Samurai » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:13 pm

The Pianist 9/10 - Grim.

First Reformed 7/10 - Thought this was a fantastic movie, pitting faith against climate change, but the last five minutes pretty much ruined it for me.

User avatar
Ecno
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: There're no Wolves

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Ecno » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:21 pm

Coco 8/10: Quite a teary ending!

Once Upon a Time in the West 6/10: The plot was pretty convoluted and not particularly well done, also not a huge amount of big scale action scenes. Not sure why it's held in such high regard.

User avatar
Joer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Joer » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Captain Fantastic - 7/10
The Taking of Pelham 123 - 6/10
Free Solo - 7/10
The Dawn Wall - 7/10

User avatar
Fruits Punch Samurai
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Oswaldtwistle
Contact:

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Fruits Punch Samurai » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Which Pelham?

User avatar
Joer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Joer » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:44 pm

Denzel and Travolta. Anything with Denzel in gets an automatic 6 or above for me. Even though all his films are basically the same I love ‘em.


Return to “Stuff”