Last TV series you watched and your rating.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by NBK » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:17 pm

The Terror (Series 1) - So good it made me want to be trapped on an explorer vessel in the 1840s as well/10.

I thought this was brilliant. The horror came more from the actions of others (and the fact that it was based on a true story) than the beast that was hunting them, but even that element didn't take away from it.

The whole thing was superbly shot and acted, along with being grim af...I had to watch a lot of the later episodes through my fingers :dread:

Image
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Curls » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:32 am

I also enjoyed Sex Ed series 2 . I'd give it an 8/10.

The soundtrack is great isn't it?

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Preezy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:27 am

The Stranger (Netflix Original) - 5/10

Even though this was made by Netflix it felt quite cheap and looked more like a bog-standard ITV drama.

The story itself was a bit ropey and the ending was rubbish. I didn't really enjoy it.

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:43 am

Preezy wrote:The Stranger (Netflix Original) - 5/10

Even though this was made by Netflix it felt quite cheap and looked more like a bog-standard ITV drama.

The story itself was a bit ropey and the ending was rubbish. I didn't really enjoy it.

I recently watched this as well. Agree with your comments — felt like one of those 'tight-knit' stories where everyone has to be involved in part of the mystery and secretly related to each other just for the sake of it.

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Preezy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:49 am

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Preezy wrote:The Stranger (Netflix Original) - 5/10

Even though this was made by Netflix it felt quite cheap and looked more like a bog-standard ITV drama.

The story itself was a bit ropey and the ending was rubbish. I didn't really enjoy it.

I recently watched this as well. Agree with your comments — felt like one of those 'tight-knit' stories where everyone has to be involved in part of the mystery and secretly related to each other just for the sake of it.

It also left a few loose ends hanging out in the wind with no closure, the biggest one for me was:

The girl that was being poisoned by her mum - nothing happened to close that storyline. Did the mum get arrested? Did the child get re-homed? Her dead was now going down for murder... at least let us know that she was alright :|

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Drumstick » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:41 am

That's a shame - I'd heard some positive things about The Stranger. :(

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Jenuall » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:42 am

Same, in fact I only just added it to my watch list last night.

To be fair I've got more than enough other stuff to watch so it's probably a good thing! :lol:

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Preezy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:44 am

Hey I'm sure there are plenty of people that will enjoy it so don't let me review put you off. There was a distinct lack of nudity and/or explosions though as well, which we can all agree never helps.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Moggy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:47 am

Preezy wrote: There was a distinct lack of nudity and/or explosions though


Image

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Pedz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:18 pm

I'verecently started watching 'The Outsider' and 'Castle Rock'. I like em.

The Outsider has strippers for Moggy and Preezy too.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Jenuall » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:36 pm

What about the explosions though?

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Moggy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Pedz wrote:I'verecently started watching 'The Outsider' and 'Castle Rock'. I like em.

The Outsider has strippers for Moggy and Preezy too.


Image

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Pedz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:02 pm

Moggy wrote:
Pedz wrote:I'verecently started watching 'The Outsider' and 'Castle Rock'. I like em.

The Outsider has strippers for Moggy and Preezy too.


Image


I didn't know you were into male strippers.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Moggy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:04 pm

Pedz wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Pedz wrote:I'verecently started watching 'The Outsider' and 'Castle Rock'. I like em.

The Outsider has strippers for Moggy and Preezy too.


Image


I didn't know you were into male strippers.


Nudity is nudity.

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:06 pm

I watched Lost in Space S2 and award it a healthy 7/10.

A surprising lack of explosions, and a less surprising (but probably for the best) lack of nudity. DANGER WILL ROBINSON

Image
Image
7256930752

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by 7256930752 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 am

Preezy wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Preezy wrote:The Stranger (Netflix Original) - 5/10

Even though this was made by Netflix it felt quite cheap and looked more like a bog-standard ITV drama.

The story itself was a bit ropey and the ending was rubbish. I didn't really enjoy it.

I recently watched this as well. Agree with your comments — felt like one of those 'tight-knit' stories where everyone has to be involved in part of the mystery and secretly related to each other just for the sake of it.

It also left a few loose ends hanging out in the wind with no closure, the biggest one for me was:

The girl that was being poisoned by her mum - nothing happened to close that storyline. Did the mum get arrested? Did the child get re-homed? Her dead was now going down for murder... at least let us know that she was alright :|

Completely agree. I swear British TV shows are the worst for having large parts of the story completely ignored or the conclusion being complete gooseberry fool.

Why did Katz kill Jennifer Saunders? She didn't know anything more than what her daughter was doing? All the stuff with the blokes wife and her murder was over money from an amateur football team? Did they just let the kid off for the Llama head?

User avatar
mcjihge2
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by mcjihge2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:32 pm

I watched the October Faction on netflix last week. Starts off intriguing with a good premise. But it meanders into a mire of bad screenplay, bad script, and bad acting. 2/10 Avoid.

Xbox Live: GCE
User avatar
mcjihge2
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by mcjihge2 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:28 pm

Locke and Key on netfix. Actually really good. Some good ideas, well executed. Really gets going from episode 7. Recommended. 8/10. Hope theres another season to expand/continue.

Xbox Live: GCE
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:09 pm

Moggy wrote:
Pedz wrote:I'verecently started watching 'The Outsider' and 'Castle Rock'. I like em.

The Outsider has strippers for Moggy and Preezy too.


Image


I've never seen or heard of The Outsiders, but are Tom Cruise, Emilio Estevez, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe and Matt Dillon all on the cast list?

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Moggy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:16 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Pedz wrote:I'verecently started watching 'The Outsider' and 'Castle Rock'. I like em.

The Outsider has strippers for Moggy and Preezy too.


Image


I've never seen or heard of The Outsiders, but are Tom Cruise, Emilio Estevez, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe and Matt Dillon all on the cast list?


Yep. And it was directed by Frances Ford Coppola.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0086066/full ... m_tt_cl_sc

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 189 guests