Last TV series you watched and your rating.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Drumstick » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:58 am

Trinkets - meh

I saw this on Netflix and gave it a shot. Two episodes finished and it isn't for me, I thought it was pretty boring.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Victor Mildew » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:03 am

Treme series 1 - 10/10

I don't know how we've gone this long without seeing it, but I absolutely loved it. Heartbreaking in places too.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Robbo-92 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:39 pm

Just finished Community series 1, definitely a 9/10. Loads of laughs with great lead characters (well all of the study group) plus a few other really good ones, I’ve seen on here that it dips after series 4? Are 5 and 6 worth watching once you’ve watched the rest of should you take the series 4 final episode as the final one?

Also Star Wars Rebels series 2, still really enjoying this and so far would probably give it an 8/10.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by sawyerpip » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:24 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Just finished Community series 1, definitely a 9/10. Loads of laughs with great lead characters (well all of the study group) plus a few other really good ones, I’ve seen on here that it dips after series 4? Are 5 and 6 worth watching once you’ve watched the rest of should you take the series 4 final episode as the final one?


Season 4 is generally considered the worst (by both fans and even the cast I think) because the show's creator Dan Harmon wasn't involved. It picks back up in season 5 and 6 but never really hits the heights of the early seasons again. I'd say it's all worth watching (the later seasons are only 12eps or so each) but if you're going to quit early then the end of season 3 is probably the time to jump off.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Robbo-92 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:51 pm

sawyerpip wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Just finished Community series 1, definitely a 9/10. Loads of laughs with great lead characters (well all of the study group) plus a few other really good ones, I’ve seen on here that it dips after series 4? Are 5 and 6 worth watching once you’ve watched the rest of should you take the series 4 final episode as the final one?


Season 4 is generally considered the worst (by both fans and even the cast I think) because the show's creator Dan Harmon wasn't involved. It picks back up in season 5 and 6 but never really hits the heights of the early seasons again. I'd say it's all worth watching (the later seasons are only 12eps or so each) but if you're going to quit early then the end of season 3 is probably the time to jump off.


I’ll probably stick it out to the end then, seems a little unfair to quit halfway through.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Jenuall » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:22 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
sawyerpip wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Just finished Community series 1, definitely a 9/10. Loads of laughs with great lead characters (well all of the study group) plus a few other really good ones, I’ve seen on here that it dips after series 4? Are 5 and 6 worth watching once you’ve watched the rest of should you take the series 4 final episode as the final one?


Season 4 is generally considered the worst (by both fans and even the cast I think) because the show's creator Dan Harmon wasn't involved. It picks back up in season 5 and 6 but never really hits the heights of the early seasons again. I'd say it's all worth watching (the later seasons are only 12eps or so each) but if you're going to quit early then the end of season 3 is probably the time to jump off.


I’ll probably stick it out to the end then, seems a little unfair to quit halfway through.

Definitely stick with it, Community is easily one of my favourite shows!

It changes a lot over time, by mid season 3 it is a surprisingly different show to what it was at the start. For me the first two seasons will always be the strongest and 4 is 100% the low point, but there's still a lot of good stuff throughout and it's more than worth watching the whole lot. In fact for me I would actually rate the final season as one of the best because of how it returns to more of the tone/style of the opening season.

My personal season rankings:

2>1>6>3>5>4

Image
User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by RichardUK » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:33 am

Schitts Creek

10/10 - I absolutely loved it, the way the actor who plays the mum in home alone speaks is fantastic, it did want a good comedy should do and it made me laugh and I cared about the characters enough to also cry

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by gamerforever » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:37 am

Rewatched lost in its entirety, and it’s incredible how much i had forgotten. The first few seasons were great and although i liked the ending, the last season did feel a little rushed, but it wasn’t as bad as game of thrones. It is still my favourite tv series. I also managed to get through the whole of prison break during the early part of lockdown and loved it.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Victor Mildew » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:10 am

gamerforever wrote:Rewatched lost in its entirety, and it’s incredible how much i had forgotten. The first few seasons were great and although i liked the ending, the last season did feel a little rushed, but it wasn’t as bad as game of thrones. It is still my favourite tv series. I also managed to get through the whole of prison break during the early part of lockdown and loved it.


I love lost, I'd still probably rank it as my favourite ever tv show. It had some crappy moments of course (Jack's tattoo origin story and the polystyrene temple :lol: ), but the whole premise was really exciting and new. I strawberry floating loved the whole hatch thing too. It's a shame they felt they had to explain all the dharma sturf, because the mystery of what this stuff was doing there was far ,ore interesting than seeing it play out as being just a bunch of science experiments.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:51 am

Victor Mildew wrote:
gamerforever wrote:Rewatched lost in its entirety, and it’s incredible how much i had forgotten. The first few seasons were great and although i liked the ending, the last season did feel a little rushed, but it wasn’t as bad as game of thrones. It is still my favourite tv series. I also managed to get through the whole of prison break during the early part of lockdown and loved it.


I love lost, I'd still probably rank it as my favourite ever tv show. It had some crappy moments of course (Jack's tattoo origin story and the polystyrene temple :lol: ), but the whole premise was really exciting and new. I strawberry floating loved the whole hatch thing too. It's a shame they felt they had to explain all the dharma sturf, because the mystery of what this stuff was doing there was far ,ore interesting than seeing it play out as being just a bunch of science experiments.

Lost :wub: same here, still love it and look back on it very fondly. I actually think a lot of the Dharma backstory landed and was very satisfying to watch it play out, at least all the way up to the awful final series. The biggest disappointment, by far, in terms of reveal/explanation for me was Jacob.

Edit - GTFO of there with Prison Break, though. The most recent series is an actual joke.

Image
User avatar
mcjihge2
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by mcjihge2 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:54 pm

RichardUK wrote:Schitts Creek

10/10 - I absolutely loved it, the way the actor who plays the mum in home alone speaks is fantastic, it did want a good comedy should do and it made me laugh and I cared about the characters enough to also cry


I watched the first 4 episodes and couldnt get into it. Yes its well acted, The home alone mum, Eugene Levy and the girl from 12 monkeys produce some good performances, but i didnt find it funny. Ive been watching alot of cheers, modern family and brooklyn 99 - and theyre funny sitcoms with some great gags. But Schitts creek seems to be light on comedy.

Xbox Live: GCE
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:44 am

mcjihge2 wrote:
RichardUK wrote:Schitts Creek

10/10 - I absolutely loved it, the way the actor who plays the mum in home alone speaks is fantastic, it did want a good comedy should do and it made me laugh and I cared about the characters enough to also cry


I watched the first 4 episodes and couldnt get into it. Yes its well acted, The home alone mum, Eugene Levy and the girl from 12 monkeys produce some good performances, but i didnt find it funny. Ive been watching alot of cheers, modern family and brooklyn 99 - and theyre funny sitcoms with some great gags. But Schitts creek seems to be light on comedy.


I went into this at the wife’s suggestion and watched the first season, felt the same. Really couldn’t get into it at all.

Image
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Albear » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:45 am

Quit after 1 episode. Hated the characters.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:50 am

They do get a little less detestable, but only a little.

Image
User avatar
Edd
Member
Joined in 2015
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Edd » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:54 am

Schitts Creek got a lot better from season 2 onwards. It's worth sticking with if you're on the fence about it.

Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Ironhide » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:56 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
gamerforever wrote:Rewatched lost in its entirety, and it’s incredible how much i had forgotten. The first few seasons were great and although i liked the ending, the last season did feel a little rushed, but it wasn’t as bad as game of thrones. It is still my favourite tv series. I also managed to get through the whole of prison break during the early part of lockdown and loved it.


I love lost, I'd still probably rank it as my favourite ever tv show. It had some crappy moments of course (Jack's tattoo origin story and the polystyrene temple :lol: ), but the whole premise was really exciting and new. I strawberry floating loved the whole hatch thing too. It's a shame they felt they had to explain all the dharma sturf, because the mystery of what this stuff was doing there was far ,ore interesting than seeing it play out as being just a bunch of science experiments.


The abysmal final season ruined the whole thing for me.

Image
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by gamerforever » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:59 am

Ironhide wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:
gamerforever wrote:Rewatched lost in its entirety, and it’s incredible how much i had forgotten. The first few seasons were great and although i liked the ending, the last season did feel a little rushed, but it wasn’t as bad as game of thrones. It is still my favourite tv series. I also managed to get through the whole of prison break during the early part of lockdown and loved it.


I love lost, I'd still probably rank it as my favourite ever tv show. It had some crappy moments of course (Jack's tattoo origin story and the polystyrene temple :lol: ), but the whole premise was really exciting and new. I strawberry floating loved the whole hatch thing too. It's a shame they felt they had to explain all the dharma sturf, because the mystery of what this stuff was doing there was far ,ore interesting than seeing it play out as being just a bunch of science experiments.


The abysmal final season ruined the whole thing for me.


The ending was quite well done when i compare it to shows like game of thrones. The final season was a bit rushed, but we got most of the questions answered. The characters were what made the show and the ending felt right, although I understand why some people were a bit disappointed.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Preezy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:40 pm

The Fall - 9/10 (Netflix)

Bloody fantastic serial killer series with Gillian Anderson set in Belfast about a guy who strangles women to death, and the detective who tries to hunt him down.

Anderson is such a fox, hot damn :datass:

Image
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by gamerforever » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:37 am

Just finished control z on netflix. A decent, mexican series, kind of in the same genre as 13 reasons and elite.

For anyone who wants a true flavour of mumbai and india, I suggest sacred games on netflix.

A suitable boy on bbc was also an excellent series, with some great acting. It also gave us a great view of the issues the country faced post partition. I saw a lot of the rivalry with pakistan on my trip in 2018 and india in general feels like you’re in the 1980’s.

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by RichardUK » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:12 pm

Dead To Me - 8/10

Good Girls - 7/10

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

Return to “Stuff”