Last TV series you watched and your rating.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Squinty » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:53 pm

Cuttooth wrote:It’s A Sin - 10/10

I’ve never been a huge fan of Russell T Davies' work and really didn’t think much of his last miniseries, Years and Years, but this is a heart wrenching, funny, beautiful masterpiece of television. Maybe the best of British TV in the last decade.


Just started this. Yer man basically boned the entire pub. LAD.

Edit - Marathoned it. Well....that was grim. Woke up thinking about it. Very powerful bit of TV. I didn't think it was totally perfect, but it hit many high marks. Keeley Hawes was completely outstanding in it when she turned up.

jawa2
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by jawa2 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:34 pm

The Queen's Gambit (miniseries; Netflix)

Thoroughly entertaining; I know little about chess but you don't need to in order to appreciate this unusual gem. The storyline and characters are intriguing and the episodes are very well shot; whilst the lead, Anya Taylor-Joy, is absolutely intoxicating. [8]

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by The Watching Artist » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:59 pm

It's A Sin

Incredible. Everyone should watch. To go through all that and then in the final moment have me burst out laughing. However the Dalek bit wasnt 99.9% of the show so I'm giving it 1/10. The 1 being for Murray Golds continued genius. 100/10 for pissing in Thatchers coffee

Image
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Memento Mori » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:32 pm

Started watching Bob's Burgers on Prime a few weeks ago and I'm up to season 5. It really is excellent.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Hexx » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:41 pm

Memento Mori wrote:Started watching Bob's Burgers on Prime a few weeks ago and I'm up to season 5. It really is excellent.


You've got so much good stuff to come

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by OrangeRKN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:49 pm

Memento Mori wrote:Started watching Bob's Burgers on Prime a few weeks ago and I'm up to season 5. It really is excellent.


I only started it the other week too! Basically as soon as I hear H. Jon Benjamin's voice I know I'm in safe hands

Image
Image
orkn.uk - @OrangeRakoon - Top 5 Games of 2020 - SW-6533-2461-3235
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Hexx » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:51 pm

Season 1 is a bit varied, but from Season 2 it hits its stride wonderfully.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Jenuall » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:51 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:Started watching Bob's Burgers on Prime a few weeks ago and I'm up to season 5. It really is excellent.


I only started it the other week too! Basically as soon as I hear H. Jon Benjamin's voice I know I'm in safe hands

I take it you haven't watched the last ~5 seasons of Archer then? :dread:

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Memento Mori » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:53 pm

I'm always confused why H Jon Benjamin uses that as his normal voice when he actually can do other voices.

Hexx wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:Started watching Bob's Burgers on Prime a few weeks ago and I'm up to season 5. It really is excellent.


You've got so much good stuff to come

I had a miserable night yesterday trying to sleep with "Nice Things are Nice" stuck in my head. Everyone can share my misery.


Last edited by Memento Mori on Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Cuttooth » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:54 pm

The first season has a weird meanness to it, like it's meant to be more adult swim than it ended up being. It's just amazing from season two and three onwards. :wub:

I've not enjoyed what I've watched over the past couple of seasons quite as much but after ten years that's to be expected.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Tafdolphin » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:55 pm

The original plan was for them to be cannibals, if you can believe it.

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Hexx » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:55 pm

Memento Mori wrote:I'm always confused why H Jon Benjamin uses that as his normal voice when he actually can do other voices.

Hexx wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:Started watching Bob's Burgers on Prime a few weeks ago and I'm up to season 5. It really is excellent.


You've got so much good stuff to come

I had a miserable night yesterday trying to sleep with "Nice Things are Nice" stuck in my head.


I’ve liked all the songs (the episide where Tina is trying to find her current crush and falling in love with 4 others boys in the journey is great) but they are incredibly infectious.

Mr Fishoder is probably my favourite side character and I’m so glad they don’t overuse him

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Cuttooth » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:56 pm

Memento Mori wrote:I'm always confused why H Jon Benjamin uses that as his normal voice when he actually can do other voices.

Hexx wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:Started watching Bob's Burgers on Prime a few weeks ago and I'm up to season 5. It really is excellent.


You've got so much good stuff to come

I had a miserable night yesterday trying to sleep with "Nice Things are Nice" stuck in my head. Everyone can share my misery.


You've got an absolute belter waiting in season six. :wub:

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Hexx » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:57 pm

Cuttooth wrote:The first season has a weird meanness to it, like it's meant to be more adult swim than it ended up being. It's just amazing from season two and three onwards. :wub:

I've not enjoyed what I've watched over the past couple of seasons quite as much but after ten years that's to be expected.


Linda is the worst person ever?

Agree/Disagree?

No pressure but our entire relationship rests on the answer

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Memento Mori » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:59 pm

If the delayed Bob's Burgers film isn't a musical, I'm going to be very disappointed.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by OrangeRKN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:33 pm

Jenuall wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:Started watching Bob's Burgers on Prime a few weeks ago and I'm up to season 5. It really is excellent.


I only started it the other week too! Basically as soon as I hear H. Jon Benjamin's voice I know I'm in safe hands

I take it you haven't watched the last ~5 seasons of Archer then? :dread:


I mainly just watch Dr. Katz on repeat

Image
Image
orkn.uk - @OrangeRakoon - Top 5 Games of 2020 - SW-6533-2461-3235
User avatar
VlaSoul
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Vtheyoshi

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by VlaSoul » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:47 pm

Jenuall wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:Started watching Bob's Burgers on Prime a few weeks ago and I'm up to season 5. It really is excellent.


I only started it the other week too! Basically as soon as I hear H. Jon Benjamin's voice I know I'm in safe hands

I take it you haven't watched the last ~5 seasons of Archer then? :dread:

Honestly season 8 is pretty good
Can't disagree with you otherwise tho

Image
was Vtheyoshi on (S)ONM
sig made by the venerable Krik
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Cuttooth » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:01 pm

Hexx wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:The first season has a weird meanness to it, like it's meant to be more adult swim than it ended up being. It's just amazing from season two and three onwards. :wub:

I've not enjoyed what I've watched over the past couple of seasons quite as much but after ten years that's to be expected.


Linda is the worst person ever?

Agree/Disagree?

No pressure but our entire relationship rests on the answer

What, Linda's amazing. :|

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Hexx » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:11 pm

Cuttooth wrote:
Hexx wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:The first season has a weird meanness to it, like it's meant to be more adult swim than it ended up being. It's just amazing from season two and three onwards. :wub:

I've not enjoyed what I've watched over the past couple of seasons quite as much but after ten years that's to be expected.


Linda is the worst person ever?

Agree/Disagree?

No pressure but our entire relationship rests on the answer

What, Linda's amazing. :|


Well that's that.

Dead to me.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Memento Mori » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:13 pm

I do an excellent Linda impression so I like Linda.

Bahhhhbeee!


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Finish.Last, Google [Bot], Lex-Man, Mafro and 125 guests