Last TV series you watched and your rating.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Drumstick » Wed May 22, 2019 12:42 pm

The Staircase
I’d heard an awful lot about this case going into the documentary and whilst the case is somewhat interesting, the flatout absurd defence the accused went with turned me off. Instead I listened the Generation Why two-part podcast on the case.

Evil Genius
Decent documentary about an absolutely harebrained plot to rob a bank. How any of the perpetrators ever thought they could get away with this is beyond me. Evil Genius? More like Stupid Idiots.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Ironhide » Wed May 22, 2019 3:55 pm

Moggy wrote:Into the Badlands: Season 3 - 7/10

The story of this is pretty much bobbins, but it is very entertaining and has some fantastic fight scenes. Nick Frost being a kung fu expert really is something to behold. :lol:


Emily Beecham :wub:

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Moggy » Wed May 22, 2019 3:59 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Moggy wrote:Into the Badlands: Season 3 - 7/10

The story of this is pretty much bobbins, but it is very entertaining and has some fantastic fight scenes. Nick Frost being a kung fu expert really is something to behold. :lol:


Emily Beecham :wub:


Oh god yes. :datass:

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Preezy » Wed May 22, 2019 4:06 pm

Game of Thrones - 9/10

As an overall journey, this was superb. It had some dips in quality towards the end, but as an experience and a lesson world-building it was just fantastic. Such a rich tapestry of politics, violence, fear, paranoia, more violence, a bit of incest, lots of boobs and willies and some epic battles. 8 years of wonderful memories :wub:

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by more heat than light » Wed May 22, 2019 7:24 pm

gooseberry fool, I didnt even rate that.

Game Of Thrones S8 - 4/10

A muddled, hurried mess of a season, and a seriously unsatisfying ending. Shame (shame, shame).

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by BOR » Thu May 30, 2019 8:44 pm

BOR wrote:Killing Eve.

Jeez, it was bloody brilliant and Villanelle is such a fantastic character. What a performance by Jodie Comer. Can’t wait for the season two. :toot:

Season Two is coming on Saturday 8th of June. All the episodes will be available on iPlayer or tune in Saturdays weekly. :wub:

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Monkey Man » Thu May 30, 2019 8:58 pm

Didn't think Killing Eve Season 2 was as good as the 1st but it had its moments. 7.5/10.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Moggy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:18 pm

Good Omens - 9/10

I love the book and while the series isn’t as good, it’s still excellent.

Currently Amazon only, but I think it’s coming to the BBC later this year.

Image
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Lex-Man » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:05 pm

Game Of Thrones Season 8

Maybe it's just me but I really enjoyed it. The general reaction seems to be fairly negative but I felt that it ended pretty well. It didn't end in the most obvious way possible and at least they tried to do something interesting. I think all the possible endings would have left people feeling disappointed. Also the whole season had a scale that every other season lacked. Seeing all the cities laid out in front of the characters was pretty amazing. I thought the darkest night was my favourite episode of the whole thing and brought back the creepiness from the first encounters with the white walkers.

9/10

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by TigaSefi » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:14 pm

Cloak and Dagger season 2 - 9/10. I got irritated at the beginning but it got itself sorted and holy gooseberry fool it really delivered.... the writing, character development was really good for a MCU tv series. Loved the finale! Season 3 now please!

Image
1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostLast TV series you watched and your rating.
by TigaSefi » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:17 pm

Re: Rex Kramer post about Fleabag. This is exactly how I feel about Fleabag. Season 2 is god-tier. Loved watching Waller-Bridge.

Sorry for crap editing. Tapatalk being shite.

Image
1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:21 pm

TigaSefi wrote:This is exactly how I feel about Fleabag. Season 2 is god-tier. Loved watching Waller-Bridge.

I concur. It's a wonderous piece of writing. I don't know whether it's down to the script, the actors or the direction but even the pauses in dialogue are perfectly timed. And those fourth wall stares at the camera are masterful.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Killing Eve - After watching Fleabag I felt I aught to watch this. Didn't like it quite as much, kind of got bored towards the end of the series. It's good, particularly in the earlier episodes but once they went to Russia then I felt it kind of dragged a bit. 8/10

User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Trelliz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:41 am

Moggy wrote:Good Omens - 9/10

I love the book and while the series isn’t as good, it’s still excellent.

Currently Amazon only, but I think it’s coming to the BBC later this year.


It cuts out a few side elements but isn't necessarily worse for it. David Tenant was excellent as Crowley, i liked the little Dr Who nod when he throws the astronomy pages around the room to look for somewhere to go and a page for Gallifrey hovers behind his head for a few seconds :slol:

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Jenuall » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:31 pm

Trelliz wrote:
Moggy wrote:Good Omens - 9/10

I love the book and while the series isn’t as good, it’s still excellent.

Currently Amazon only, but I think it’s coming to the BBC later this year.


It cuts out a few side elements but isn't necessarily worse for it. David Tenant was excellent as Crowley, i liked the little Dr Who nod when he throws the astronomy pages around the room to look for somewhere to go and a page for Gallifrey hovers behind his head for a few seconds :slol:

Good to know this isn't a bag of shite then. It had been getting mixed reviews but I was waiting to hear what actual fans of the book thought before writing it off. Definitely one of my favourite books so I will be watching this as soon as I get a chance! :toot:

How many episodes is there out of interest?

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Moggy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:49 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Trelliz wrote:
Moggy wrote:Good Omens - 9/10

I love the book and while the series isn’t as good, it’s still excellent.

Currently Amazon only, but I think it’s coming to the BBC later this year.


It cuts out a few side elements but isn't necessarily worse for it. David Tenant was excellent as Crowley, i liked the little Dr Who nod when he throws the astronomy pages around the room to look for somewhere to go and a page for Gallifrey hovers behind his head for a few seconds :slol:

Good to know this isn't a bag of shite then. It had been getting mixed reviews but I was waiting to hear what actual fans of the book thought before writing it off. Definitely one of my favourite books so I will be watching this as soon as I get a chance! :toot:

How many episodes is there out of interest?


6 episodes of 50 minutes – 1 hour each.

As Trelliz says there are changes from the book, but I didn’t mind any of them. Sheen and Tennent are pretty much perfect in their roles, as are all the other actors with the exception of the kid that plays Adam (he isn’t bad, just a little meh) and Jack Whitehall. Whitehall probably isn’t terrible but every time he is on screen I just thought “strawberry float off Jack Whitehall”.

Image
User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by abcd » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:22 pm

Fleabag series 1 and 2.

9/10

Has anyone else watched it? I have some thoughts about it;

In series 2 the priest notices that fleabag breaks the forth wall. However, is she really talking to us, or is it some sort of subconscious conversation? Why does the priest notice it? Am I reading too much into this?

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Oblomov Boblomov » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:25 pm

abcd wrote:Fleabag series 1 and 2.

9/10

Has anyone else watched it? I have some thoughts about it;

In series 2 the priest notices that fleabag breaks the forth wall. However, is she really talking to us, or is it some sort of subconscious conversation? Why does the priest notice it? Am I reading too much into this?

I took it that he noticed she was distracted inside her head, a subtle hint towards her underlying mental health issues.

The bit where he actually looks at the camera himself was just a comedic way of carrying it on a little further for laughs.

That's how I saw it, anyway.

Image
User avatar
SugarDave
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by SugarDave » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Chernobyl - *****

A new favourite, I'm struggling to think of any significant flaws. It's as terrifying as it is enthralling, particularly when much of the Soviet's response to the disaster can be seen as a clear analogue to what is happening in politics today and with crises like climate change.

The scene on the roof in episode 4 is one of the best things I've seen on TV in ages.

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by more heat than light » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:38 pm

I just watched the first episode of that and I'm finding the fact that everyone is British incredibly jarring. Surely Russian with subtitles would have been a better option?

Pretty harrowing stuff though.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!

Return to “Stuff”