Last TV series you watched and your rating.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
no
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by no » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:23 pm

I enjoyed the first 2 or 3 seasons of Lost. My missus has started it fairly recently and I think she flew through season 1 and 2, but during season 3 she stopped watching it for a week. She's up to season 6 now, but she's watching it really slowly as she's not enjoying it.

Image
User avatar
Harry Ellis
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Harry Ellis » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:56 am

S6 of Lost is legit in the running for the worst final season of anything ever (sans the finale) along with Dexter.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Merry Christmous Everyone
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Merry Christmous Everyone » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:07 am

Drumstick wrote:S6 of Lost is legit in the running for the worst final season of anything ever (sans the finale) along with Dexter.



It's not great but it's nowhere near as bad as Game of Thrones S8

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Peter Crisp » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:51 am

Someone should make a topic about the worst ending of anything ever as I honestly feel Thrones may take the title .
I've tried myself but I can never find an opening post I like and I'm not a fan of running poll topics that may stick around.

I know some people feel the Galactica reboot series ended badly but I liked it even with the religious crap. Mass Effect series is said to have a rubbish ending but I've not played it and Halo 5 (It's so far the last game in the series) was rubbish to the point where I've only played it for a few hours.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Merry Christmous Everyone
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Merry Christmous Everyone » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:59 am

Peter Crisp wrote:Someone should make a topic about the worst ending of anything ever as I honestly feel Thrones may take the title .
I've tried myself but I can never find an opening post I like and I'm not a fan of running poll topics that may stick around.

I know some people feel the Galactica reboot series ended badly but I liked it even with the religious crap. Mass Effect series is said to have a rubbish ending but I've not played it and Halo 5 (It's so far the last game in the series) was rubbish to the point where I've only played it for a few hours.



Let's hold off until the conclusion to the THE SKYWALKER SAGA enters the equation.

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:13 pm

People hate the ending of Lost and Game of Thrones, but neither of them come anywhere close to Dexter.

Image
User avatar
Kevin McCallister
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Kevin McCallister » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:15 pm

I like the ending of Lost. I don't know where else they could have gone with it.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Rudolphin » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:05 pm

I didn't watch Dexter past the second season but I've genuinely never been more incensed at a finale than Game of Thrones. It was insultingly bad.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by FatDaz » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:43 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:I didn't watch Dexter past the second season but I've genuinely never been more incensed at a finale than Game of Thrones. It was insultingly bad.


Got was disappointing that’s a long way from bad. Dexter was atrocious, it took 7 series of build up and pissed it up the way with what has to be the most ludicrous and comical nonsensical ending ever.

This has to be taken in context. Series 1-4 of dexter was fantastic top tier TV. 5-7 were noticeably worse but still semi enjoyable. 8 was bad and the last episode was beyond bad.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:44 pm

FatDaz wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:I didn't watch Dexter past the second season but I've genuinely never been more incensed at a finale than Game of Thrones. It was insultingly bad.


Got was disappointing that’s a long way from bad. Dexter was atrocious, it took 7 series of build up and pissed it up the way with what has to be the most ludicrous and comical nonsensical ending ever.

This has to be taken in context. Series 1-4 of dexter was fantastic top tier TV. 5-7 were noticeably worse but still semi enjoyable. 8 was bad and the last episode was beyond bad.


100% this.

Image
User avatar
Merry Christmous Everyone
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Merry Christmous Everyone » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:45 pm

I haven't even seen Dexter but I'd argue Game of Thrones wasn't a long way from bad, it was also atrocious and pissed away 7 years of build up and character development over 6 episodes with an ending no one lined.

Image
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Rudolphin » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:45 pm

I'd argue that GoT was far more than disappointing. That final series did not function as a coherent narrative piece. It wasn't just bad, it was not fit for purpose.

Did the Dexter thing have anything to do with the twist in the book, where the Dark Passenger was revealed to be an actual alien who was controlling the guy's murderous impulses?

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:49 pm

I haven't watched either Dexter or GoT, plus I gave up on Lost early, so clearly I have far better judgement than you losers. ;)

Can't actually think what I'd say the worst or most disappointing ending to a show was, I'd have to have a think about that one.

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:54 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:I'd argue that GoT was far more than disappointing. That final series did not function as a coherent narrative piece. It wasn't just bad, it was not fit for purpose.

Did the Dexter thing have anything to do with the twist in the book, where the Dark Passenger was revealed to be an actual alien who was controlling the guy's murderous impulses?


If only the twist had been that.

In the last season there is a big hurricane and Dexter gets “killed” when trying to take his dead (or in a coma, I can’t remember) sister/lovers body out to sea. Oh no he’s dead! And then there is a last scene where he is working as a lumberjack.

Image
User avatar
Vermi Claus
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Vermi Claus » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:06 pm

Haunting of Hill House - 8/10

Very clever, with lots of good scares, the bowler hat man was particularly unnerving.

User avatar
Harry Ellis
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Harry Ellis » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:13 pm

Jenuall wrote:I haven't watched either Dexter or GoT, plus I gave up on Lost early, so clearly I have far better judgement than you losers. ;)

Can't actually think what I'd say the worst or most disappointing ending to a show was, I'd have to have a think about that one.

Is there a show you have finished?

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:16 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Jenuall wrote:I haven't watched either Dexter or GoT, plus I gave up on Lost early, so clearly I have far better judgement than you losers. ;)

Can't actually think what I'd say the worst or most disappointing ending to a show was, I'd have to have a think about that one.

Is there a show you have finished?

Plenty, but most are just good ones owing to my exceptional ability to pick good entertainment to watch. ;)

I've watched plenty of shows where the ending or later seasons were of a lower standard than the beginning - West Wing, X-Files, Seinfeld etc. but nothing comes to mind where the ending has made me properly upset or angry in the way that some are describing.

Image
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Gemini73 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:13 pm

The Sopranos S4

Another absolute blinder. Think I may have missed a few episodes on my previous watch as I didn't remember them. Either way, another 10/10.

User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by FatDaz » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:43 pm

Tomous wrote:I haven't even seen Dexter but I'd argue Game of Thrones wasn't a long way from bad, it was also atrocious and pissed away 7 years of build up and character development over 6 episodes with an ending no one lined.


I agree it was disappointing and definitely rushed but the characters actions were at least signposted (albeit moments before they acted) dannis madness had some routes, Jons actions were true to his character and sansas behaviour was believable. The only one that annoyed me was Varys, they totally betrayed his character.

Dexter on the other hand was just bizarre, so many potential ways to finish the series and they chose something that literally makes no sense at all and betrays everything we know about the character and all his development over the years.

The weird relationship with his sister and that final scene
:fp:

User avatar
I Shot A Kid
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by I Shot A Kid » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:56 pm

strawberry float Dexter and Game of Thrones. The only series I'm more angry about having watched is Sons of Anarchy. strawberry float that in particular!

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuđđoolph, Frank, Grumpy David, Heskimo, massimo, Parksey, Peter Crisp, PJ, poshrule_uk, Rudolphin, Samuel_1, Somebody Else's Presents, Xmasday and 74 guests