Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 2019
by shy guy 64 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:52 pm

how did this thread become a suggest a maker thread

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 2019
by OrangeRKN » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:12 pm

I'm not sure but, I was thinking about how a Zelda maker could conceivably work (in the Link's Awakening style).

Split the editor in two - a room editor, where you lay down individual tiles inside a single screen room, and a dungeon editor, where you snap individual rooms together to create a dungeon layout.

In the room editor you can pick which of the four outer walls can have doors or not, and you can place a chest (that may be triggered by defeating enemies, pressing a button, etc.), as well as the actual room design.

In the dungeon editor, when placing rooms the doors have to match up, and you can choose which doors are locked and what items go in what chests (so each dungeon has a limit of one map and one compass). If you place a locked door, you have to have a key in a chest somewhere in the dungeon before that locked door. That should prevent any dungeon being made impossible.

Rooms would have to be "cleared" by playing through and obtaining the hidden chest and making it to all possible doors, before they can they then be used in the dungeon editor.

With items/equipment, each room would record what items you used when you cleared it. In the dungeon editor you would choose what items will be given to the player at the start of the dungeon, and then it will only let you place rooms that can be cleared with that combination of items.

The above then would give you a limited but foolproof dungeon designer. The limitations are on having single screen rooms, so in a way it's more zelda 1 dungeons than anything else, but I think it would work. It would also allow for "random" dungeon generation using individually designed rooms, which could be done with just your own rooms or by drawing from rooms anyone has created.

It probably wouldn't be too difficult to allow for a single item to be found in a dungeon as well, although I haven't thought through the logic of that as it definitely complicates it.

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
NickSCFC

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by NickSCFC » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Coming 20th September

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 2019
by Tomous » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:59 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:I'm not sure but, I was thinking about how a Zelda maker could conceivably work (in the Link's Awakening style).

Split the editor in two - a room editor, where you lay down individual tiles inside a single screen room, and a dungeon editor, where you snap individual rooms together to create a dungeon layout.

In the room editor you can pick which of the four outer walls can have doors or not, and you can place a chest (that may be triggered by defeating enemies, pressing a button, etc.), as well as the actual room design.

In the dungeon editor, when placing rooms the doors have to match up, and you can choose which doors are locked and what items go in what chests (so each dungeon has a limit of one map and one compass). If you place a locked door, you have to have a key in a chest somewhere in the dungeon before that locked door. That should prevent any dungeon being made impossible.

Rooms would have to be "cleared" by playing through and obtaining the hidden chest and making it to all possible doors, before they can they then be used in the dungeon editor.

With items/equipment, each room would record what items you used when you cleared it. In the dungeon editor you would choose what items will be given to the player at the start of the dungeon, and then it will only let you place rooms that can be cleared with that combination of items.

The above then would give you a limited but foolproof dungeon designer. The limitations are on having single screen rooms, so in a way it's more zelda 1 dungeons than anything else, but I think it would work. It would also allow for "random" dungeon generation using individually designed rooms, which could be done with just your own rooms or by drawing from rooms anyone has created.

It probably wouldn't be too difficult to allow for a single item to be found in a dungeon as well, although I haven't thought through the logic of that as it definitely complicates it.



OrangeRKN insider confirmed.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by OrangeRKN » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:25 pm

:lol:

I'm SO excited

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Tomous » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:43 pm

That’s definitely testing the waters for a Zelda Dungeon Maker right?

Image
User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by suzzopher » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:40 pm

The nostalgia I have for this game is unbelievable. Seeing if updated just takes me back to how my imagination made the game look in my head.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by OrangeRKN » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:56 pm

I just watched the Treehouse segment (I was slightly behind) and it looks SO GOOD

Important info:

- Color dungeon is in the game!
- "Chamber dungeons" are create-your-own-dungeons presented as puzzles where you piece together individual rooms from the game's dungeons, accessed from Dampe's shack. Dampe's shack replaces the camera shop from DX (which unfortunately suggests the photos are out).
- There is a Link amiibo, and it unlocks modifiers such as Dark Link for the chamber dungeons. Other Zelda character amiibos are compatible too.
- The fairy in a bottle is a new item unlocked from Dampe. Link's Awakening already had a different item for reviving on death so that's interesting...
- The Trendy Game has been changed to now have a proper physics-based crane, which looks good fun. (The dialogue on picking up the yoshi doll has been updated too ;) )
- It looks like there are some additional prompts/help to make the trading quest easier, like when acquiring the yoshi doll, and elsewhere in the game too.
- The direct trailer suggests you can still steal from the shop!
- Text on picking up a Guardian Acorn is skippable!
- Text about being unable to pick up heavy objects doesn't trigger on simply walking into them!
- Sword is on B, shield/pegasus boots/power bracelet are always equipped once you have them. X and Y are where you set other weapons, including the Roc's feather (for jumping).
- The insides of buildings have been rearranged and are full of lots of neat and character specific details.

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Balladeer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:57 pm

OrangeRKN wrote::lol:

I'm SO excited

But it's not orange any more! How will you cope? :shock:

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by OrangeRKN » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:58 pm

Balladeer wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote::lol:

I'm SO excited

But it's not orange any more! How will you cope? :shock:


I KNOW what have they done

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Mafro » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:57 pm



:o :wub:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Captain Kinopio » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Good luck getting it before the American scalper banana splits Hoover it up.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Robbo-92 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:00 pm

That looks really nice, I really need to stop buying special editions of games though, so often I get the special editions and do sod all with the extra stuff you get with it.

Image

Image
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by jawafour » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:01 pm

Mafro wrote:(Special Edition)

Ooh! That looks lovely!

It's confirmed that the game is gonna be at least £40, though. It's listed in the "2 games for £84" voucher scheme on the eShop.

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Here's the treehouse Live segment in full.


Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by suzzopher » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Is that up for preorder yet?

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by OrangeRKN » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:59 pm

I need to get that special edition. That art book is going to be something

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by jawafour » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:03 pm

jawafour wrote:...It's confirmed that the game is gonna be at least £40, though. It's listed in the "2 games for £84" voucher scheme on the eShop.


The standard version of the game is gonna be £49.99. It does look good... but, man, this seems expensive for a remake.

User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Yoshimi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:04 pm

I don't normally go for special editions, but I'm very tempted with that. It's lovely!

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Balladeer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm

jawafour wrote:The standard version of the game is gonna be £49.99. It does look good... but, man, this seems expensive for a remake.

It's not your common-or-garden remake though is it? It's Game Boy remade to Switch. They've basically had to reconstruct the entire game, with the exception of world layouts. I'm not surprised it's retailing for full price: it may well deserve every penny.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot], wensleydale and 41 guests