Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Under the raft

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Jenuall » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:26 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Jenuall wrote:See I want the art book, but I want the game digitally. Much frustration!

Buy the LE, sell on the physical cart, buy digital.

Yeah this may be the route I go down, annoying though it is!

ImageImage
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Winckle » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:41 pm

Mafro wrote:lol @ people actually paying £50 for games and not shopping around.

I just use the switch vouchers, plus I buy eshop credit with a company discount from work. Not paying more than £40 per game this way.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Drumstick » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:43 pm

It's currently available for under £40 on Base.com.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Frank » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:45 pm

Winckle wrote:
Mafro wrote:lol @ people actually paying £50 for games and not shopping around.

I just use the switch vouchers, plus I buy eshop credit with a company discount from work. Not paying more than £40 per game this way.


"Never pay more than £40 for a computer game"

Image
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Winckle » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:47 pm

Frank wrote:
Winckle wrote:
Mafro wrote:lol @ people actually paying £50 for games and not shopping around.

I just use the switch vouchers, plus I buy eshop credit with a company discount from work. Not paying more than £40 per game this way.


"Never pay more than £40 for a computer game"

Image :simper:

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by The Watching Artist » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Super Dragon 64 wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:

I don't know if you're still looking but the Collector's Edition seems to be available at Argos.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2008543

Dont tempt me....

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Balladeer » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Winckle wrote:Image :simper:

I appreciate this. Everyone saying how expensive games are these days seems to have forgotten how the £40 games cost in their youth is much more than the £50 you might pay today (before microtransactions et al.).

GNamer admin.: visit your friendly neighbourhood affiliate!

Every console has one slow year in its first two. The Switch is now in year 3. Deep breath...
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Pedz » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:16 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
Super Dragon 64 wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:

I don't know if you're still looking but the Collector's Edition seems to be available at Argos.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2008543

Dont tempt me....


DO IT!

ImageImage
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Super Dragon 64 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Pedz wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
Super Dragon 64 wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:

I don't know if you're still looking but the Collector's Edition seems to be available at Argos.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2008543

Dont tempt me....


DO IT!

DO IT!!!

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Somebody Else's Problem » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:55 pm

Balladeer wrote:
Winckle wrote:Image :simper:

I appreciate this. Everyone saying how expensive games are these days seems to have forgotten how the £40 games cost in their youth is much more than the £50 you might pay today (before microtransactions et al.).


I remember some games being £70 back in the 90s. Not special editions or anything, just the game. £70. In 90s money.

Image
User avatar
Octoroc
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Blighty

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Octoroc » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:07 am

I'm not one for buying plastic tat, but I was rather taken with the rupee lamps they are selling on Nintendo both individually and bundled with Link's Awakening...

...until I read the product description; they are 10cm tall. Which isn't very tall at all.

User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by captain red dog » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:10 am

Gonna have to go digital with this. Logically my brain is telling me £50 digital is an obscene rip off. But the sheer convenience of it, and just how good this game looks seems to make it a no brainer. Art books and all are nice, but honestly I've seen enough Zelda art over the years to last me a lifetime.

User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Errkal » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:43 am

captain red dog wrote:Gonna have to go digital with this. Logically my brain is telling me £50 digital is an obscene rip off. But the sheer convenience of it, and just how good this game looks seems to make it a no brainer. Art books and all are nice, but honestly I've seen enough Zelda art over the years to last me a lifetime.


CDKeys has the digital version for £40.99

https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/ ... 3CEALw_wcB

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Pancake » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:07 am

Swtich is the only console where I still buy physical rather than digital, purely because the games seem to hold their value so well.

Loved the original but never completed because I was a child and it confused me, looking forward to this!

User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by captain red dog » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Errkal wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Gonna have to go digital with this. Logically my brain is telling me £50 digital is an obscene rip off. But the sheer convenience of it, and just how good this game looks seems to make it a no brainer. Art books and all are nice, but honestly I've seen enough Zelda art over the years to last me a lifetime.

CDKeys has the digital version for £40.99

https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/ ... 3CEALw_wcB

Deal!

User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Errkal » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:14 pm

:lol:

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by shy guy 64 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:30 pm

well my pre order was updated to include a poster, been a while since i got a free one of those

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by OrangeRKN » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:33 pm

...well now I'm contemplating pre-ordering the game again so I don't miss out on a keyring and a poster, FFS :lol: :fp:

Witty biological-political hybrid jokes are the reason this place fails to cater to a wide audience
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by gamerforever » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:40 pm

Nintendo emailed me to say they will add the keyring and poster to my order.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by shy guy 64 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:02 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:...well now I'm contemplating pre-ordering the game again so I don't miss out on a keyring and a poster, FFS :lol: :fp:


it was updated automatically i didnt do it myself

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Edd, Mafro, Ord, Snowcannon, VlaSoul and 47 guests