Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Jenuall » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:26 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Jenuall wrote:See I want the art book, but I want the game digitally. Much frustration!

Buy the LE, sell on the physical cart, buy digital.

Yeah this may be the route I go down, annoying though it is!

Image
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Winckle » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:41 pm

Mafro wrote:lol @ people actually paying £50 for games and not shopping around.

I just use the switch vouchers, plus I buy eshop credit with a company discount from work. Not paying more than £40 per game this way.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Drumstick » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:43 pm

It's currently available for under £40 on Base.com.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Frank » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:45 pm

Winckle wrote:
Mafro wrote:lol @ people actually paying £50 for games and not shopping around.

I just use the switch vouchers, plus I buy eshop credit with a company discount from work. Not paying more than £40 per game this way.


"Never pay more than £40 for a computer game"

Image
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Winckle » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:47 pm

Frank wrote:
Winckle wrote:
Mafro wrote:lol @ people actually paying £50 for games and not shopping around.

I just use the switch vouchers, plus I buy eshop credit with a company discount from work. Not paying more than £40 per game this way.


"Never pay more than £40 for a computer game"

Image :simper:

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by The Watching Artist » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Super Dragon 64 wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:

I don't know if you're still looking but the Collector's Edition seems to be available at Argos.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2008543

Dont tempt me....

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Balladeer » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Winckle wrote:Image :simper:

I appreciate this. Everyone saying how expensive games are these days seems to have forgotten how the £40 games cost in their youth is much more than the £50 you might pay today (before microtransactions et al.).

GNamer admin.: visit your friendly neighbourhood affiliate!

The Switch has hit its stride with many excellent games, albeit a lot of them released near each other. I thought it would. Did you?
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Pedz » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:16 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
Super Dragon 64 wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:

I don't know if you're still looking but the Collector's Edition seems to be available at Argos.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2008543

Dont tempt me....


DO IT!

Image
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Super Dragon 64 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Pedz wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
Super Dragon 64 wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:

I don't know if you're still looking but the Collector's Edition seems to be available at Argos.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2008543

Dont tempt me....


DO IT!

DO IT!!!

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - coming 20 Sept 2019
by Somebody Else's Problem » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:55 pm

Balladeer wrote:
Winckle wrote:Image :simper:

I appreciate this. Everyone saying how expensive games are these days seems to have forgotten how the £40 games cost in their youth is much more than the £50 you might pay today (before microtransactions et al.).


I remember some games being £70 back in the 90s. Not special editions or anything, just the game. £70. In 90s money.

Image
User avatar
Octoroc
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Blighty

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Octoroc » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:07 am

I'm not one for buying plastic tat, but I was rather taken with the rupee lamps they are selling on Nintendo both individually and bundled with Link's Awakening...

...until I read the product description; they are 10cm tall. Which isn't very tall at all.

User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by captain red dog » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:10 am

Gonna have to go digital with this. Logically my brain is telling me £50 digital is an obscene rip off. But the sheer convenience of it, and just how good this game looks seems to make it a no brainer. Art books and all are nice, but honestly I've seen enough Zelda art over the years to last me a lifetime.

User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Errkal » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:43 am

captain red dog wrote:Gonna have to go digital with this. Logically my brain is telling me £50 digital is an obscene rip off. But the sheer convenience of it, and just how good this game looks seems to make it a no brainer. Art books and all are nice, but honestly I've seen enough Zelda art over the years to last me a lifetime.


CDKeys has the digital version for £40.99

https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/ ... 3CEALw_wcB

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Pancake » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:07 am

Swtich is the only console where I still buy physical rather than digital, purely because the games seem to hold their value so well.

Loved the original but never completed because I was a child and it confused me, looking forward to this!

User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by captain red dog » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Errkal wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Gonna have to go digital with this. Logically my brain is telling me £50 digital is an obscene rip off. But the sheer convenience of it, and just how good this game looks seems to make it a no brainer. Art books and all are nice, but honestly I've seen enough Zelda art over the years to last me a lifetime.

CDKeys has the digital version for £40.99

https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/ ... 3CEALw_wcB

Deal!

User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Errkal » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:14 pm

:lol:

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by shy guy 64 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:30 pm

well my pre order was updated to include a poster, been a while since i got a free one of those

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by OrangeRKN » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:33 pm

...well now I'm contemplating pre-ordering the game again so I don't miss out on a keyring and a poster, FFS :lol: :fp:

Witty biological-political hybrid jokes are the reason this place fails to cater to a wide audience
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by gamerforever » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:40 pm

Nintendo emailed me to say they will add the keyring and poster to my order.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by shy guy 64 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:02 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:...well now I'm contemplating pre-ordering the game again so I don't miss out on a keyring and a poster, FFS :lol: :fp:


it was updated automatically i didnt do it myself

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanticleer, deathofcows, GrinWithoutaKat, KjGarly, OldSoulCyborg, Robbo-92 and 46 guests