Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by OrangeRKN » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:43 pm

Squinty wrote:I haven't bought the game and probably won't. I don't think the GB game needed a remake. It still holds up to me. I love the visuals in it, and it's a pretty tight experience.


The original does hold up very well but honestly the extra buttons to reduce item switching and the lack of unskippable text on running into rocks makes the remake well justified!

BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by BOR » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:01 am

Hopefully, I'll be playing it first time this weekend. :toot:

Can't wait.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Hime » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:26 pm

I've started ALTTP and I'm finding it much harder to control than this and ALBW. I find the dpad really awkward and the analogue stick just doesn't feel right.

Image
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by BOR » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:40 pm

BOR wrote:Hopefully, I'll be playing it first time this weekend. :toot:

Can't wait.

I've played about one hour and it's great so far. As seeing it's my first time to play it and does anybody have any tips or just play as I go.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by OrangeRKN » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:17 pm

Just play it as you go. Take your time to explore, talk to characters, enjoy the sights :toot:

If you get stuck, the phone booths should set you straight.

BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by BOR » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:27 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:Just play it as you go. Take your time to explore, talk to characters, enjoy the sights :toot:

If you get stuck, the phone booths should set you straight.

Cheers.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Robbo-92 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:31 pm

BOR wrote:
BOR wrote:Hopefully, I'll be playing it first time this weekend. :toot:

Can't wait.

I've played about one hour and it's great so far. As seeing it's my first time to play it and does anybody have any tips or just play as I go.


It was my first time playing Link’s Awakening on the Switch as well and I loved it :wub:

Only thing I’d say is for the 6th or 7th dungeon not to have any self shame looking at a guide if you need one, I think I’d have been walking round in circles getting frustrated if I hadn’t relented!

Enjoy it though! I’ll be doing a second run at some point if I can get through the other games I’ve got on the go currently.

Image

Image
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by BOR » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:22 am

Robbo-92 wrote:
BOR wrote:
BOR wrote:Hopefully, I'll be playing it first time this weekend. :toot:

Can't wait.

I've played about one hour and it's great so far. As seeing it's my first time to play it and does anybody have any tips or just play as I go.


It was my first time playing Link’s Awakening on the Switch as well and I loved it :wub:

Only thing I’d say is for the 6th or 7th dungeon not to have any self shame looking at a guide if you need one, I think I’d have been walking round in circles getting frustrated if I hadn’t relented!

Enjoy it though! I’ll be doing a second run at some point if I can get through the other games I’ve got on the go currently.

On my way to the 4th dungeon and it's brilliant. I try to find every secrets as I can and will return them later on when I have new items or weapons.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Balladeer » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:02 pm

Catfish's Maw is rubbish. Thank you and goodnight. :x

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by OrangeRKN » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:28 pm

Balladeer wrote:Catfish's Maw is rubbish. Thank you and goodnight. :x


:capnscotty:

Why's that?

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Balladeer » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:19 am

Apart from having to fight the fecking dull skeleton multiple times, I found the layout horribly confusing. The map needs to show how the staircases match up. I also don’t like how they don’t tell you if the closed doors in any given room can be opened. Needed some colour coding on that. Finally, the boss was thoroughly mediocre to fight. Took it out in one pull.

User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by Winckle » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:03 pm

I've just finished this after buying it at launch. I think it doesn't hold up well at all. I also feel like everything is really slow. I wish Link's movement was about 50% faster.

BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake (Switch) - 20/09/2019
by BOR » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:12 pm

I've reached Dungeon 8 now.

The previous one was a bit tricky to work it out where to go! :lol:

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Antoniodgl, Green Gecko, Peter Crisp and 48 guests