LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - Delayed From Spring

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by Victor Mildew » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:11 pm

Frank wrote:Yeah, that looks fantastic. Can't believe it's so far far away :(


Ftfy

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by Frank » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:14 pm

:lol: I'm too sad to make decent references

I thought the same about the Rogue One scene, too. The Vader bit in the corridor? Would be good if they included EVERY film, but that's probably a bit too much to ask for.

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by DarkRula » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:28 pm

Could very well be that just the final battle will be included as a bonus level or two. I'd hope we get a bonus level or two set on planets not featured in the main nine that unlock after completing each film. Could very well be how we get some Clone Wars and Rebels stuff.

Image
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by Jenuall » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:35 pm

Was there gameplay shown at Gamescom then? That trailer looks cool but there's no hint at it offering anything new in terms of how it plays

Also I still think these games seemed more fun without voice acting

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by Robbo-92 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:38 pm

I’d love it if they put a little bit of other stuff in there, few bits from Rogue One (Scariff battle with corridor scene to finish), Clone Wars (Ashoka/Maul duel from series 7), Rebels (Ashoka/Vader duel). Wasn’t there a Clone Wars Lego game they could take the better levels from as well?

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by DarkRula » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:46 pm

Jenuall wrote:Was there gameplay shown at Gamescom then? That trailer looks cool but there's no hint at it offering anything new in terms of how it plays

Also I still think these games seemed more fun without voice acting


The small snippets of gameplay in the trailer show off a game that looks a lot closer to a regular action-adventure game than anything seen in a LEGO game before. Even in City Undercover which many say is pretty much GTA LEGO. The AI in boss battles also seem like they'll be smarter than before, which goes hand in hand with the improved combat that we (barely) see.

Image
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by Jenuall » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:49 pm

DarkRula wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Was there gameplay shown at Gamescom then? That trailer looks cool but there's no hint at it offering anything new in terms of how it plays

Also I still think these games seemed more fun without voice acting


The small snippets of gameplay in the trailer show off a game that looks a lot closer to a regular action-adventure game than anything seen in a LEGO game before. Even in City Undercover which many say is pretty much GTA LEGO. The AI in boss battles also seem like they'll be smarter than before, which goes hand in hand with the improved combat that we (barely) see.

The snippets offer so little though that it's impossible to draw any reliable conclusions. I'm hopeful but would like to have seen more - is this all that was shown at Gamescom then?

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by DarkRula » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:05 pm

Jenuall wrote:
DarkRula wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Was there gameplay shown at Gamescom then? That trailer looks cool but there's no hint at it offering anything new in terms of how it plays

Also I still think these games seemed more fun without voice acting


The small snippets of gameplay in the trailer show off a game that looks a lot closer to a regular action-adventure game than anything seen in a LEGO game before. Even in City Undercover which many say is pretty much GTA LEGO. The AI in boss battles also seem like they'll be smarter than before, which goes hand in hand with the improved combat that we (barely) see.

The snippets offer so little though that it's impossible to draw any reliable conclusions. I'm hopeful but would like to have seen more - is this all that was shown at Gamescom then?


It was. And I'm also hopeful. And would like to have seen more. But this is a start, and hopefully we'll see more in the coming months and not be left hanging for another half a year.

Image
Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by Victor Mildew » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:37 pm

Looking forward to the new style glitches and progress breaking bugs :datass:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by Super Dragon 64 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:28 am

This does look very promising and the trailer made me even more hyped for its release. While the delay is unfortunate, it'll give me more time to finish off some games in my backlog. I'm leaning towards the Steam version for maximum FPS and resolution goodness :toot:

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by Victor Mildew » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:34 am

Super Dragon 64 wrote:This does look very promising and the trailer made me even more hyped for its release. While the delay is unfortunate, it'll give me more time to finish off some games in my backlog. I'm leaning towards the Steam version for maximum FPS and resolution goodness :toot:


I've played most lego games on ps3/ps4 and picked a few up on steam because they were so cheap. It's incredible how much better they run! Silky smooth.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by OrangeRKN » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:11 pm

So is this a brand new game and not like The Complete Saga was? I thought it was all the existing Lego Star Wars plus the last two films

Image
Image
orkn.uk - @OrangeRakoon - Top 5 Games of 2020 - SW-6533-2461-3235
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by imbusydoctorwho » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:43 pm

Looks pretty standard Lego stuff, don't know if they've changed the gameplay up a bit. But it's Star Wars so I'll certainly be getting it, shame it's been delayed til next year.

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by DarkRula » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:54 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:So is this a brand new game and not like The Complete Saga was? I thought it was all the existing Lego Star Wars plus the last two films


Completely brand new built from the ground up action and adventure. The definitive LEGO and Star Wars experience. And now it'll be on the next generation, as well.

Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by DarkRula » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:26 pm

Yeah... We've been left hanging for half a year for news. Or so I thought.

An interview in the Official Playstation Magazine back in January revealed some, and I completely missed it - despite every other site talking of that interview. Unfortunately, they did so by only taking a small snippet from that interview, leaving me to understand that nothing new had been revealed. Well, while looking for any new updates or small gossip I might have missed, one site had picked out the most exciting part of that interview - the one which did reveal something new. It might not be that exciting of a mechanic when compared with other open world games, but this is the first time a LEGO game is using it.

The game will have an in-depth quest system, with multi-part quests and a tracking screen to follow them, with the ability to pick up multiple quests and complete them as the player chooses. Previously, we'd only known that the quests were getting a revamp but not how they were, so this is certainly interesting to know about. It's one of the things that shows just how much of a reinvention the formula is getting.

There should be a new trailer soon, if the game is aiming for a release on Star Wars Day (or near to it). I've seen some expecting said trailer to be at the Future Games Show at the end of the month, and WB Games is going to be showing stuff there, so there's every possibility it will be.

Image
Image
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:43 pm

Seems like this game was announced like 2 years ago, feel so long since we've had a Lego game release

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by DarkRula » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:44 pm

It very nearly is two years ago since it was announced. Certainly getting very close to two years since the first real evidence of the game came into the open. When we see a lot of raw game footage, it will be clear why there's been no new game for over a year.

Image
Image
jawa2
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by jawa2 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:46 pm

DarkRula wrote:...When we see a lot of raw game footage, it will be clear why there's been no new game for over a year.

Rula, dude, you've been excited for this for a long time! I hope it is a large, expansive game to enjoy :-).

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by DarkRula » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:04 pm

jawa2 wrote:
DarkRula wrote:...When we see a lot of raw game footage, it will be clear why there's been no new game for over a year.

Rula, dude, you've been excited for this for a long time! I hope it is a large, expansive game to enjoy :-).


Thanks. From other little bits I've seen around, there's definitely a game on par with other open worlds here, and one that allows us to play as plenty of characters to explore it.

Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - First Gameplay @Gamescom ONL
by DarkRula » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:34 pm

twitter.com/TTGames/status/1377984167233744899



Another delay was inevitable despite my optimism things were on track. This should mean a better experience on launch. From interviews and such, it's clear that they've been wanting to build the most ambitious game they've ever done. Such definitely needs time. I can't wait to see the result.

Image
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bertie, Dig Dug, Finish.Last, kazanova_Frankenstein, KjGarly, Monkey Man, more heat than light, Xeno and 113 guests