MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Tafdolphin
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
Joined in 2008

PostMACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Tafdolphin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:07 pm

twitter.com/bethesda/status/1349023307228704770



holy gooseberry fool I could not be more excited

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Zilnad » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:11 pm

I'll be watching with interest but I'm going to be cautious. I loved New Order when it came out but I tried to play New Colossus a few months ago and I despised it.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Jenuall » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:15 pm

Holy gooseberry fool! :shock:

Want!

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009
Contact:

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Pedz » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:19 pm

This'll be Xbox Series Consoles and PC only as well. Be unlucky for PS5 owners only, if it turns out to be good anyway.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Jenuall » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:21 pm

Zilnad wrote:I'll be watching with interest but I'm going to be cautious. I loved New Order when it came out but I tried to play New Colossus a few months ago and I despised it.

What did you not like about New Colossus? I thought it had a few poor design choices along the way but overall was a fantastic game.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Tafdolphin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:23 pm

The level design of Colossus is disastrous but it tells one hell of a yarn.

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Edd
Member
Joined in 2015
Contact:

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Edd » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:23 pm

Fact they followed up with "It'll be some time before we have more to reveal", seems like another case of Bethesda announcing way too early for no real reason.

Will get hyped one day

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Victor Mildew » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:24 pm

Yes. Yes. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Jenuall » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:28 pm

Edd wrote:Fact they followed up with "It'll be some time before we have more to reveal", seems like another case of Bethesda announcing way too early for no real reason.

Will get hyped one day

It almost certainly is a reasonable way off yet, but at the same time it has been over 3 years since New Colossus. Youngblood was co-developed with Arkane so probably wasn't occupying all of their time so there's a chance they've made some decent headway on this

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Knoyleo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:29 pm

strawberry float's sake, I thought they were leaving Bethesda. :lol:

pjbetman wrote:That's the stupidest thing ive ever read on here i think.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Zilnad » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:34 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Zilnad wrote:I'll be watching with interest but I'm going to be cautious. I loved New Order when it came out but I tried to play New Colossus a few months ago and I despised it.

What did you not like about New Colossus? I thought it had a few poor design choices along the way but overall was a fantastic game.


Mainly it was the fact I wanted to run, gun and feel powerful (like Doom) but that was impossible due to the fact how quickly you would die. I also found it a huge problem and chore that you didn't hoover up health and ammo automatically.

Maybe I would've enjoyed it under other circumstances but I really couldn't get on with it at all.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Jenuall » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:36 pm

Zilnad wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Zilnad wrote:I'll be watching with interest but I'm going to be cautious. I loved New Order when it came out but I tried to play New Colossus a few months ago and I despised it.

What did you not like about New Colossus? I thought it had a few poor design choices along the way but overall was a fantastic game.


Mainly it was the fact I wanted to run, gun and feel powerful (like Doom) but that was impossible due to the fact how quickly you would die. I also found it a huge problem and chore that you didn't hoover up health and ammo automatically.

Maybe I would've enjoyed it under other circumstances but I really couldn't get on with it at all.

Fair enough. I do think the need to manually pick gooseberry fool up was a bit unwieldy in this kind of game.

I'd recommend giving it another go on a lower difficulty if you were up for another stab at some point. As Taf points out the overall story is the thing that shines more than anything so making the game a bit less of a chore to experience that is not a bad move.

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by rinks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:20 pm

Proof once again that Indy games are the most exciting games.

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:33 pm

rinks wrote:Proof once again that Indy games are the most exciting games.

Has there been a genuinely great one since Fate of Atlantis?

I know the Lego one was alright and the other one's are a mixed bag.

Looking forward to seeing more. I am hoping it's not going to be just another 3rd person action, platform-puzzler like Uncharted though.

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Zilnad » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:36 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:
rinks wrote:Proof once again that Indy games are the most exciting games.

Has there been a genuinely great one since Fate of Atlantis?

I know the Lego one was alright and the other one's are a mixed bag.

Looking forward to seeing more. I am hoping it's not going to be just another 3rd person action, platform-puzzler like Uncharted though.


I absolutely loved The Emperor's Tomb back in the day. Not sure how it would hold up now but I remember playing it multiple times and it was always fun.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Saint of Killers » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:05 pm

Hype at MachinesGames doing Indy.

Deflate at Todd Howard's inclusion.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Robbo-92 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:27 pm

I’ll be watching this closely, I want it to be amazing but keeping my expectations in check!

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Knoyleo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:53 pm

rinks wrote:Proof once again that Indy games are the most exciting games.

Bravo, very good.

pjbetman wrote:That's the stupidest thing ive ever read on here i think.
User avatar
Tafdolphin
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by Tafdolphin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:05 pm

Knoyleo wrote:
rinks wrote:Proof once again that Indy games are the most exciting games.

Bravo, very good.


:|

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: MACHINEGAMES (Wolfenstein: The New Order/Colossus) go Indy!
by rinks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:11 pm

It’s the way I tell them.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, darksideby182, Edd, Frank, Jamo3103, KjGarly, Lime, RichardUK, Saint of Killers, Somebody Else's Presents, Squinty, Tafdolphin, Xeno, Zaichik and 202 guests