Monday Multiplayer - SPLATOON 2 TONIGHT! 03/08/20

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Hypes
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by Hypes » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:28 pm

I'll stay on the beach then

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by Jenuall » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:30 pm

Pedz wrote:
Jenuall wrote:A bunch of those don't seem to be on Game Pass? (At least not on PC any way)


Halo, Sea of Thieves and Bleeding Edge are on PC Games Pass. Fortnite and CoD Warzone are free to play and you get them grom Epic Store (Fortnite) and Battlenet (CoD,) or you can get them on the console of your choosing (Though I don't think Warzone is on Switch.) I didn't look at PUBG and Rocket League as I assumed they were on both versions of Gamepass (I guess not?)

No looks like Rocket League and Minecraft are only on console Game Pass which is annoying! No idea about PUBG access methods as that has never really interested me much

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by Pedz » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:01 pm

TBH, I've enjoyed all the BR's I've played, they're all pretty different and have their own spin.

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by Pedz » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:16 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Pedz wrote:
Jenuall wrote:A bunch of those don't seem to be on Game Pass? (At least not on PC any way)


Halo, Sea of Thieves and Bleeding Edge are on PC Games Pass. Fortnite and CoD Warzone are free to play and you get them grom Epic Store (Fortnite) and Battlenet (CoD,) or you can get them on the console of your choosing (Though I don't think Warzone is on Switch.) I didn't look at PUBG and Rocket League as I assumed they were on both versions of Gamepass (I guess not?)

No looks like Rocket League and Minecraft are only on console Game Pass which is annoying! No idea about PUBG access methods as that has never really interested me much


Good thing is rocket League regularly goes cheap on Steam, and it's on the other consoles, so people can just buy it for cheap when they can as it's cross-play with all platforms :D

Looking like another week of no Multiplayer Monday, though only DarkRula and yourself have shown interest. I'd be up for Fortnite, Warzone, Bleeding Edge or Sea of Thieves. I say Fortnite/Warzone over Apex Legends because of Crossplay.

Thoughts?

Darkrula wrote:

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by DarkRula » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:32 pm

I've got Sea of Thieves ready to go, and I doubt Fortnite would take an age to install. As always, though, I'm not going to be able to join the voice chat.

Maybe if there was a splitter or something I could plug into this audio port so I could have earphones and microphones plugged in...

Image
Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by Pedz » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:34 pm

DarkRula wrote:I've got Sea of Thieves ready to go, and I doubt Fortnite would take an age to install. As always, though, I'm not going to be able to join the voice chat.

Maybe if there was a splitter or something I could plug into this audio port so I could have earphones and microphones plugged in...


What will you be playing from? If it's PC then you'll be fine for chat, if it's Xbox, then errr, I'm unsure. When I play on a console I just have the game come from the TV and have 1 ear covered by my headset for chat.

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by DarkRula » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:41 pm

Pedz wrote:
DarkRula wrote:I've got Sea of Thieves ready to go, and I doubt Fortnite would take an age to install. As always, though, I'm not going to be able to join the voice chat.

Maybe if there was a splitter or something I could plug into this audio port so I could have earphones and microphones plugged in...


What will you be playing from? If it's PC then you'll be fine for chat, if it's Xbox, then errr, I'm unsure. When I play on a console I just have the game come from the TV and have 1 ear covered by my headset for chat.


On my Xbox. I don't have any proper headset, so I can't even run communication through that. I have my laptop here, but text chat on Discord is probably not going to cut it when fast reactions are needed.

Image
Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by Pedz » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:43 pm

DarkRula wrote:
Pedz wrote:
DarkRula wrote:I've got Sea of Thieves ready to go, and I doubt Fortnite would take an age to install. As always, though, I'm not going to be able to join the voice chat.

Maybe if there was a splitter or something I could plug into this audio port so I could have earphones and microphones plugged in...


What will you be playing from? If it's PC then you'll be fine for chat, if it's Xbox, then errr, I'm unsure. When I play on a console I just have the game come from the TV and have 1 ear covered by my headset for chat.


On my Xbox. I don't have any proper headset, so I can't even run communication through that. I have my laptop here, but text chat on Discord is probably not going to cut it when fast reactions are needed.


Only other suggestion for voice chat I can think of is a phone. Discord has an app so you could try that. if you have a handfree set for the phone it may be OK.

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by Pedz » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:47 pm

Both Sea of Thieves and Fortnite have in game chat. Like Sea of Thieves has things like "There's an ship coming" and "We've been boarderd!" where as Fortnite has a system where you press left on the Dpad and it marks a place, or item or if you tap it twice it has a dnger marker for pointing out enemies.

Either way we can still play either with no comms. Still waitting to hear from Jenuall, too.

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by DarkRula » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:52 pm

Pedz wrote:
DarkRula wrote:
Pedz wrote:
DarkRula wrote:I've got Sea of Thieves ready to go, and I doubt Fortnite would take an age to install. As always, though, I'm not going to be able to join the voice chat.

Maybe if there was a splitter or something I could plug into this audio port so I could have earphones and microphones plugged in...


What will you be playing from? If it's PC then you'll be fine for chat, if it's Xbox, then errr, I'm unsure. When I play on a console I just have the game come from the TV and have 1 ear covered by my headset for chat.


On my Xbox. I don't have any proper headset, so I can't even run communication through that. I have my laptop here, but text chat on Discord is probably not going to cut it when fast reactions are needed.


Only other suggestion for voice chat I can think of is a phone. Discord has an app so you could try that. if you have a handfree set for the phone it may be OK.


Got no handsfree that I can find. I'll have another look in the draw, just in case.

Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by DarkRula » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:06 pm

I've got an Xbox headset. One of the standard ones that come boxed in with the console. No idea if it works, since it hasn't ever been used.

Image
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by Jenuall » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:31 pm

Sorry not sure what time I'll be free, as it's the summer holidays now the kids are being total a-holes about going to bed! :cry:

Should be up for joining later if they ever go the strawberry float to sleep! :lol:

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by Pedz » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:38 pm

I know them feels. I just make them go to bed during the holidays and just let them chill for a bit. It's easier :lol:

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by DarkRula » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:40 pm

Xbox headset update: It doesn't work, or at least very only works a bit. No matter which of the two we decide to play, though, I'll still be ready.

Image
Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by Pedz » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:02 pm

It's a shame Dead by Daylight isn't crossplay as I've had it for an age and never played it :lol:

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by Pedz » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:03 pm

DarkRula wrote:Xbox headset update: It doesn't work, or at least very only works a bit. No matter which of the two we decide to play, though, I'll still be ready.


What did you say you had installed? Fornite, Sea of Thieves and Bleeding Edge?

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by DarkRula » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:04 pm

We'd all be in the dark with that one, I think.

Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by DarkRula » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:05 pm

Pedz wrote:
DarkRula wrote:Xbox headset update: It doesn't work, or at least very only works a bit. No matter which of the two we decide to play, though, I'll still be ready.


What did you say you had installed? Fornite, Sea of Thieves and Bleeding Edge?


Just Fortnite and Sea of Thieves.

Image
Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by Pedz » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:06 pm

AS I like both which of the 2 would you like to play? The issue with Fortnite is we will likely suck, the issue with Sea of Thieves is what ship do we pick, if we go for a sloop as there's 2 of us (for now) then we'll need to end the game session and then go for a bigger boat, if we go for a galleon and then no one joins it's going to be tougher for us 2 trying to man a 4 manned ship.

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE! TONIGHT!! 13/07/20
by DarkRula » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:10 pm

Wasn't there a middle ground option or that still only two people? Sea of Thieves would be the less hectic of the two, and even if we were to use a Galleon, I'm sure we could work things out. While I've got Fortnite installed, I haven't been on it in ages, so I'd be at a loss over all the new stuff that's been added since.

Sea of Thieves it is.

Image
Image

Return to “Games”