Monday Multiplayer - MARIO KART TONIGHT! 01/06/20 - 0201-2953-5531

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Pedz » Mon May 18, 2020 3:35 pm

Don't forget you can play whatever the platform is Rocket League is fully crossplay!

Image
User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by aayl1 » Mon May 18, 2020 7:03 pm

I'm down! May not be able to voice chat but I'll be aboot.

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Jazzem » Mon May 18, 2020 7:47 pm

Hopefully will be able to join a bit after 10 :)

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Pedz » Mon May 18, 2020 8:01 pm

Sweet, seems a few of us a going to be there!

Image
User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by aayl1 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:52 pm

I'm ready to rocket league and should be able to join the ol discord for once!

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Welcome to the party, pal

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Chocolate-Milk » Mon May 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Ready when you are! Won't be on Discord due to debilitating shyness, but I may drop into the text chat.

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Pedz » Mon May 18, 2020 9:02 pm

Jump on rocket league.

Go to private match
Join
Grcade is the room
Password: multimonday

Image
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Super Dragon 64 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:03 pm

I'm be online in a few minutes

Image
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Welcome to the party, pal

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Chocolate-Milk » Mon May 18, 2020 10:20 pm

Got kicked out, but I think I'll leave it there for tonight.

You lot are on a completely different level! :shock:

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Jenuall » Tue May 19, 2020 3:16 pm

Damn, for some reason I still had it in my head that Rocket League was happening on Tuesdays! :fp:

What's the plan for next week then? I know there has been suggestion of less "gamey" stuff like Jackbox in the past and that might be fun if we can get a good group for it.

Image
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Welcome to the party, pal

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Chocolate-Milk » Tue May 19, 2020 3:32 pm

I set up a Jackbox night with friends last Friday via Twitch and Discord, and it worked surprisingly well. With the low latency settings in Twitch, my friends' streams were only 2-3 seconds behind the game itself.

From pack 3 onwards, most games have stream-specific options, like extended timers and the ability for the host to screen any rude answers before they're shown on-screen.

One potential issue- though maybe it's just the circles I run in- is that Jackbox shares a lot of the same problems that Cards Against Humanity has in terms of tone, in that the bar is set on the floor, and then everyone strives to dig underneath it.

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Pedz » Tue May 19, 2020 3:57 pm

I tried Jackbox the other week, I think 1 person showed up, but it is a great game to play.

The plan is see what the thread wants next week and that's what we'll play.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Jenuall » Tue May 19, 2020 4:04 pm

I definitely think that Jackbox would work well, you wouldn't need to worry about sinking up Twitch streams because surely each player just joins the hosts game using their mobile and we can chat over Discord? I don't think seeing each other is a pre-requisite for having fun with the game.

It's definitely a race to the bottom situation tonally though, which isn't a problem as long as everyone is on board with it! :slol:

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Pedz » Tue May 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Jenuall wrote:I definitely think that Jackbox would work well, you wouldn't need to worry about sinking up Twitch streams because surely each player just joins the hosts game using their mobile and we can chat over Discord? I don't think seeing each other is a pre-requisite for having fun with the game.

It's definitely a race to the bottom situation tonally though, which isn't a problem as long as everyone is on board with it! :slol:


It works good, but delay can vary for people. I guess the best option in be indiscord chat (even if you DO NOT WANT TO SPEAK) as the host of the game can say 10 seconds left when there's 20 on screen for those watching... If that makes sense?

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Jenuall » Tue May 19, 2020 4:08 pm

Pedz wrote:
Jenuall wrote:I definitely think that Jackbox would work well, you wouldn't need to worry about sinking up Twitch streams because surely each player just joins the hosts game using their mobile and we can chat over Discord? I don't think seeing each other is a pre-requisite for having fun with the game.

It's definitely a race to the bottom situation tonally though, which isn't a problem as long as everyone is on board with it! :slol:


It works good, but delay can vary for people. I guess the best option in be indiscord chat (even if you DO NOT WANT TO SPEAK) as the host of the game can say 10 seconds left when there's 20 on screen for those watching... If that makes sense?

Yeah that's how I've done it recently with friends - the time limits are usually pretty generous anyway!

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Pedz » Tue May 19, 2020 4:09 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Pedz wrote:
Jenuall wrote:I definitely think that Jackbox would work well, you wouldn't need to worry about sinking up Twitch streams because surely each player just joins the hosts game using their mobile and we can chat over Discord? I don't think seeing each other is a pre-requisite for having fun with the game.

It's definitely a race to the bottom situation tonally though, which isn't a problem as long as everyone is on board with it! :slol:


It works good, but delay can vary for people. I guess the best option in be indiscord chat (even if you DO NOT WANT TO SPEAK) as the host of the game can say 10 seconds left when there's 20 on screen for those watching... If that makes sense?

Yeah that's how I've done it recently with friends - the time limits are usually pretty generous anyway!


Time limits are much better in I think 3 onwards in 1 and 2 I think there's no extended timer like the later games. I have JBP 1 - 6 and Drawful 2 so I'm up for them all the time :lol:

Image
User avatar
SerialCeler
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Booripides
Location: Stuck in the Tron machine

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by SerialCeler » Fri May 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Putting in another vote for Tetris 99 :toot:

Nintendo Network ID: SerialCeler (Switch: 5559-9603-3982) | Xbox Live: Serial Celer
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Jenuall » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:02 am

Where are we on the rotation now? Is it Mario Kart next?

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by Pedz » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:43 am

WHO IS IN FOR MARIO KART 8 DELUXE AT 9PM TONIGHT!?

Image
User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monday Multiplayer - ROCKET LEAGUE TONIGHT! 18/05/20
by aayl1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:50 am

Pedz wrote:WHO IS IN FOR MARIO KART 8 DELUXE AT 9PM TONIGHT!?



I THINK I SHOULD BE ABLE TO JOIN BUT AS PER MAY NOT BE ABLE TO VOICE CHAT BUT I WILL SEE IF I CAN

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addsy0, Godzilla, HaruKazuhira, Monkey Man, PuppetBoy, Rubix, Saint of Killers, Trelliz, Tsunade, Yubel and 137 guests