Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:02 am

Mafro wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:So what's the deal with GOTG3?

James Gunn is doing Suicide Squad 2 first so it's been pushed back so it's probably 2022 at the earliest which sucks :(

Can't see Thor getting killed off and Portman taking over. Characters can be "retired" without killing them off or replacing them. Valkyrie should just take over the "Thor" role without actually being Thor.

Really Excited for Eternals.


IMDB still has it for 2021, so I guess we’ll see what happens.

In other news, Endgame is officially the highest grossing movie of all time. The Avengers franchise is the fourth highest grossing franchise of all time, with an average gross of $1.938 billion per movie.

Image Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by shy guy 64 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:06 am

ooh some quite a line up, so theyre doing the mandarin proper huh? id heard natille portman didnt like her role in the films any more so im surprised shes coming back, cant wait to see it all

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Mafro » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:08 am

Video of the MCU panel


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Moggy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:10 am

Lagamorph wrote:So is Black Widow going to be a prequel then? I can't think how it possibly couldn't be.


I saw (but can’t remember where!) that it is set just after Civil War.

User avatar
Zartan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Zartan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:11 am

Next yeah is rather meh I have to say, I mean Black Widow is going to be a super hero film, without a superhero, and not take the MCU forward. Then I know nothing about the Eternals, really nothing to get excited about for me.
I am however very much in for Thor 4 and Dr Strange 2, again no idea what Shang Chi is though.

Didn't Chris Hemsworth sign up for 2 more films, which is a bit strange if they were to kill him off in Thor 4?

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Mafro » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:28 am


(Yelena is another Black Widow from the same Red Room program as Natalie)

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Lagamorph » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:29 am

Moggy wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:So is Black Widow going to be a prequel then? I can't think how it possibly couldn't be.


I saw (but can’t remember where!) that it is set just after Civil War.

That seems a pretty weird decision really. I was expecting an origin story style prequel which would be very clear it was set before the wider MCU. Setting it randomly inbetweeners a few films just seems a good way to confuse audiences.

A prequel would've allowed it to be a more Bond-esque spy action movie and not have to worry about any lack of potential heroes. But now I'm not sure what it can really be.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:31 am

Thor 4 seems to be on the slate for before Guardians 3, which is odd. I’d suspect Guardians 3 is the other film in the contract if it is for two films.

Image Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Moggy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:31 am

Lagamorph wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:So is Black Widow going to be a prequel then? I can't think how it possibly couldn't be.


I saw (but can’t remember where!) that it is set just after Civil War.

That seems a pretty weird decision really. I was expecting an origin story style prequel which would be very clear it was set before the wider MCU. Setting it randomly inbetweeners a few films just seems a good way to confuse audiences.


Image

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Tomous » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:34 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:Thor 4 seems to be on the slate for before Guardians 3, which is odd. I’d suspect Guardians 3 is the other film in the contract if it is for two films.


As Guardians 3 was meant to be earlier, is the chance Thor 4 will be set after it but released first?

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Mafro » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:35 am



Marvel finally giving us the best Captain Marvel :toot:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Lagamorph » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:00 am

WandaVision can't be the actual film title can it? Surely that's just a project name :lol:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:06 am

Lagamorph wrote:WandaVision can't be the actual film title can it? Surely that's just a project name :lol:


It’s a TV miniseries.

Image Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Hexx » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:19 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:Thor 4 seems to be on the slate for before Guardians 3, which is odd. I’d suspect Guardians 3 is the other film in the contract if it is for two films.




User avatar
TV Dinner
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by TV Dinner » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:58 pm

Mahershala Ali as Blade is fantastic casting. That's easily the most exciting Phase 4 film.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by Rex Kramer » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:08 pm

Dual wrote:Mahershala Ali as Blade omg

Would have loved to have been round Wesley Snipes house when this news dropped.

User avatar
LightWanderer
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: AnOpenCasket
Location: Earth

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by LightWanderer » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:52 pm

How essential will it be to watch the Disney+ shows to understand what's happening in the MCU movies, if at all? I'll be watching them anyways but my dad won't have the time to take on a bunch of TV shows but he loves the movies.

@Corazon De Leon: you said Miljnor is no longer in the MCU. Did I miss something? Last I saw of it, Captain America was wielding it in Endgame. Can't remember what happened it after that but I assumed he handed it back to Thor before time travelling?

Image
User avatar
LightWanderer
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: AnOpenCasket
Location: Earth

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by LightWanderer » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:05 pm

Image

Doctor Strange exploring the multiverse gives me more hope that this crossover is still in the pipeline. Anything with multiverse is a good sign imho

Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by shy guy 64 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:07 pm

LightWanderer wrote:How essential will it be to watch the Disney+ shows to understand what's happening in the MCU movies, if at all? I'll be watching them anyways but my dad won't have the time to take on a bunch of TV shows but he loves the movies.

@Corazon De Leon: you said Miljnor is no longer in the MCU. Did I miss something? Last I saw of it, Captain America was wielding it in Endgame. Can't remember what happened it after that but I assumed he handed it back to Thor before time travelling?


no he took it with him when setting out to return the infinity stones presumably to return it as well

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Phase 4 unveiled p265
by BID0 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:22 am

LightWanderer wrote:How essential will it be to watch the Disney+ shows to understand what's happening in the MCU movies, if at all? I'll be watching them anyways but my dad won't have the time to take on a bunch of TV shows but he loves the movies.

@Corazon De Leon: you said Miljnor is no longer in the MCU. Did I miss something? Last I saw of it, Captain America was wielding it in Endgame. Can't remember what happened it after that but I assumed he handed it back to Thor before time travelling?

The Disney plus shows are meant to be a single season long consisting of 4-6 episodes approximately. So they're less like a TV show and more like a couple of movies.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, massimo, That's not a growth and 58 guests