Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, She Hulk shows announced for Disney+

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Merry Christmous Everyone
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by Merry Christmous Everyone » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:53 am

Finally saw FFH.

Really enjoyed it overall. Not as good as Homecoming for me but still very good. IJake Gyllenhaal was excellent-obviously if you know the Mysterio character you're expecting the twist, but as such, I enjoyed watching him play the pre-twist Mysterio and thought his shift after the reveal was great. He does insanity well. I did think Mysterio's background story, as well as his teams, could have been a bit better fleshed out but nonetheless he was a great version of the character-and a bit of different foe for the MCU.

The stuff with MJ and his classmates was all great too, they've pitched the tone perfectly for their version of Spider-Man.

It was good how Iron Man's death still hung over everything but the post blip reset seems a bit too quick. Everything is seemingly back to normal with some people just being a bit older. It would be far more chaotic in reality but I guess they're just drawing a line under it and will only make the odd reference-such as the teacher's comment about his wife pretending to blip, which was quite funny.

Do have to agree with Rex above me about the post credit swinging through NY sequence. As much as I enjoyed the film, that scene really made me wish the film had more classic Spider-Man bits, especially as he didn't spend that much of it in his suit. And especially with that Jonah Jameson cameo :wub:

Final sequence was interesting. I think we knew they were going to go the cosmic route for the future? I guess we'll find out more later this month when surely they'll be revealing their upcoming schedule.

Also, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but you see a rebuilt Avenger's tower in NY during the end credit sequence so someone's taken it over...Oscorp? Or perhaps the Baxter Building?

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by BID0 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:02 am

Tomous wrote:Finally saw FFH.

Really enjoyed it overall. Not as good as Homecoming for me but still very good. IJake Gyllenhaal was excellent-obviously if you know the Mysterio character you're expecting the twist, but as such, I enjoyed watching him play the pre-twist Mysterio and thought his shift after the reveal was great. He does insanity well. I did think Mysterio's background story, as well as his teams, could have been a bit better fleshed out but nonetheless he was a great version of the character-and a bit of different foe for the MCU.

The stuff with MJ and his classmates was all great too, they've pitched the tone perfectly for their version of Spider-Man.

It was good how Iron Man's death still hung over everything but the post blip reset seems a bit too quick. Everything is seemingly back to normal with some people just being a bit older. It would be far more chaotic in reality but I guess they're just drawing a line under it and will only make the odd reference-such as the teacher's comment about his wife pretending to blip, which was quite funny.

Do have to agree with Rex above me about the post credit swinging through NY sequence. As much as I enjoyed the film, that scene really made me wish the film had more classic Spider-Man bits, especially as he didn't spend that much of it in his suit. And especially with that Jonah Jameson cameo :wub:

Final sequence was interesting. I think we knew they were going to go the cosmic route for the future? I guess we'll find out more later this month when surely they'll be revealing their upcoming schedule.

Also, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but you see a rebuilt Avenger's tower in NY during the end credit sequence so someone's taken it over...Oscorp? Or perhaps the Baxter Building?

Image


Comic Con is this weekend actually so we should know more then. At the very least what movies are next year. It's only 90 minutes long though and apparently the Russo Brothers will be attending with the original Avengers cast, so I'm not sure how much of future projects will be shown with all of that going on.

  • Black Widow (currently filming) and probably Eternals (currently casting) movies. I think it will be 2 movies next year rather than 3 now that GotGv3 has been delayed
  • Cloak & Dagger/Runaways (crossover event?), Agents of SHIELD, Ghost Rider
  • Ultimate Alliance 3 launch and The Avengers cosplay game gameplay
  • I read something about the 90s X Men cartoon so maybe that's making a come back :wub:

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by Hexx » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:35 pm


User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by shy guy 64 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:16 pm

Hexx wrote:https://mcuexchange.com/taika-waititi-directing-thor-4/

Thor 4 is a go!


well 3 was my least favourite so that sullies it a little for me

Image
User avatar
Tineash
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by Tineash » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:23 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Hexx wrote:https://mcuexchange.com/taika-waititi-directing-thor-4/

Thor 4 is a go!


well 3 was my least favourite so that sullies it a little for me


You are literally alone in the universe.

"exceptionally annoying" - TheTurnipKing
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by shy guy 64 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:49 pm

Tineash wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Hexx wrote:https://mcuexchange.com/taika-waititi-directing-thor-4/

Thor 4 is a go!


well 3 was my least favourite so that sullies it a little for me


You are literally alone in the universe.


i know

Image
User avatar
VlaSoul
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by VlaSoul » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:19 am

shy guy 64 wrote:
Hexx wrote:https://mcuexchange.com/taika-waititi-directing-thor-4/

Thor 4 is a go!


well 3 was my least favourite so that sullies it a little for me

wow are you even human

Image
was Vtheyoshi on (S)ONM
sig made by the venerable Krik
User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by Saigon Slick » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:42 am

Taika Waititi :wub:

Image
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by Rudolphin » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:45 am

I'm happy but also sad. With all these huge, megabudget action films he's doing it means less time for his smaller, more self-contained work.

Oh well!

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by shy guy 64 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:54 pm

VlaSoul wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Hexx wrote:https://mcuexchange.com/taika-waititi-directing-thor-4/

Thor 4 is a go!


well 3 was my least favourite so that sullies it a little for me

wow are you even human


nope

Image
User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by abcd » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:39 pm

I hope Korg gets a bigger role.

Image
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by Godzilla » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Interestingly both Scarlett and Chris Pratt are getting a lot of heat on twitter. Chris apparently is associated with a homophobic church and wore a t shirt with a snake on it which annoyed twitter. Will be interesting to see how marvel handles both as apart from James Gunn they haven't had to do damage control.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by Hexx » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:31 pm

Pratt's association isn't particularly new though...has something happened to trigger it?

User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by Godzilla » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pm

He wore a t shirt with a snake on it and an American flag which is apparently bad as it said "don't step on me" or words to that affect. So threads appeared on twitter saying "look, I told you he was evil"

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by shy guy 64 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:33 pm

Godzilla wrote:Interestingly both Scarlett and Chris Pratt are getting a lot of heat on twitter. Chris apparently is associated with a homophobic church and wore a t shirt with a snake on it which annoyed twitter. Will be interesting to see how marvel handles both as apart from James Gunn they haven't had to do damage control.


what about scarlett johansan

Image
User avatar
Merry Christmous Everyone
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by Merry Christmous Everyone » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Godzilla wrote:He wore a t shirt with a snake on it and an American flag which is apparently bad as it said "don't step on me" or words to that affect. So threads appeared on twitter saying "look, I told you he was evil"


The flag is new to me but reading into it, it seems the issue is the far right groups have adopted the flag (including the KKK) and the connotations that brings.

Also worth pointing out the US Men’s football team and Metallica have used it previouly though.

I dunno, doesn’t seem that bad unless I’m missing something.

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:31 pm

Hexx wrote:https://mcuexchange.com/taika-waititi-directing-thor-4/

Thor 4 is a go!


Such good news, Ragnarok is probably my favourite MCU movie.

Image
User avatar
I'm Dreaming of a Light Christmas
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: AnOpenCasket
Location: Earth

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by I'm Dreaming of a Light Christmas » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:04 pm

Hopefully Loki is in this one, after the events of Endgame have given him a way to come back.

Image
User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by PsychicSykes » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:36 pm

LightWanderer wrote:Hopefully Loki is in this one, after the events of Endgame have given him a way to come back.

Different timeline.

---
The Epic Store is trash.
User avatar
I'm Dreaming of a Light Christmas
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: AnOpenCasket
Location: Earth

PostRe: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread
by I'm Dreaming of a Light Christmas » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:46 pm

PsychicSykes wrote:
LightWanderer wrote:Hopefully Loki is in this one, after the events of Endgame have given him a way to come back.

Different timeline.


You sure he can't come back to this timeline though, alá Steve Rogers at the end of Endgame? Disney's making a show of Loki and in that he'll be in a different timeline, going to different parts of history and causing mischief, but would they really be willing to have such a key character missing from the Thor movies? It's not like Iron Man/Steve Rogers, where their movies are essentially over now, the Thor movies are still going. Even if it's just a new flashback scene of a time before he left the current timeline, I'd love to see some of Loki

Image

Return to “Stuff”