Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: Garcadia's Umbral Plains

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Preezy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:08 am

Is that realistic? $75m is still a huge amount of money, and it's been out for a while now, you'd imagine the takings reduce week-on-week.

Shows what a monster of a release Avatar was, I bet the sequels don't pull in half what it made.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Moggy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:09 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Moggy wrote:Endgame now only needs $75million to overtake Avatar and become the highest grossing movie of all time.


I hope it does but I’m not convinced it will make it.


Assuming it’s still in cinemas for another 3-4 weeks I think it’ll do it easily.

I don’t think it’ll make it to $3billion though.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Hexx » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:45 am

Preezy wrote:Is that realistic? $75m is still a huge amount of money, and it's been out for a while now, you'd imagine the takings reduce week-on-week.


It will it we all go again! #EndgameforAvatar!

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Fade » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:25 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Fade wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Denster wrote:How do people not say anything to people on their phones or chatting. Either scenario I politely ask them to stop. Then I tell them to.
Worst case scenario you ask an usher if they still persist. Although no one ever has when I've said something.
You've got a right to expect a certain amount of courtesy



We're British mate, we passively aggressively roll our eyes and tut round here thank you

Reminded me of yesterday

We were watching a street performer in London, a guy reaches into his bucket, steals a fiver and keeps on walking, everybody sees it but they just standing there pointing at him and moaning about him as he walks off with it.

Wut, that’s a very poor effort. Really should have said something to the guy, can’t always rely on others to do the right thing.

Finally saw this today, thought it was great. Much better than I was expecting, loved it.

That bystander effect tho: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by BID0 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:44 am

There's a rumour that we will get an MCU Fantastic Four in 2022 and it'll be set in the sixties :datass:



...And Liz Hurley :wub:

Image

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by That's not a growth » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:17 pm

I don't know much about the fantastic four, except reading Hickman's run (which was...ok). It's there significance of it being set in the 60s?

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:46 pm

Not really, beyond them being of absolutely no pop-culture significance outside of the 1960s.

Image Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Tomous » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:53 pm

2022 for Fantastic Four makes sense. Would expect to see an X-Men MCU film then too.

I think 2020 and 2021 we’ll see Dr Strange 2, Black Panther 2, Eternals, the Black Widow movie, GOTG3 and Shang-Chi.

I could see the films over the next few years being very standalone and them waiting for the Fantastic Four/X-Men films to really start the next universe story arc.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Mafro » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:09 pm

That's not a growth wrote:I don't know much about the fantastic four, except reading Hickman's run (which was...ok). It's there significance of it being set in the 60s?

Say that quietly :dread: It's widely regarded as his best work and one of the best Marvel runs ever.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by That's not a growth » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:39 am

Mafro wrote:
That's not a growth wrote:I don't know much about the fantastic four, except reading Hickman's run (which was...ok). It's there significance of it being set in the 60s?

Say that quietly :dread: It's widely regarded as his best work and one of the best Marvel runs ever.

Maybe to someone interested and invested in the comics, but to someone who's never read a marvel comic, and only knows of marvel characters from films or Saturday morning TV cartoons it felt like watching End Game without watching any prior film. Sure, some of the large ideas it had were interesting, but I felt I was lacking context, which I was quite a bit of the time. It bounces around stories and threads in a way that is confusing to a newcomer, too.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Hexx » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:11 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/j ... nized-edit

An anonymous internet user has re-edited Endgame and posted it to torrent sites under the new – and, if anything, catchier – title Avengers Endgame De-Feminized Edit AKA Anti-Cheese-Cut.

The new film itself is quite hard to come by, but luckily the user detailed most of the major changes in a note. The headline takeaway is that it’s “Endgame, but shorter, no feminism, no gay gooseberry fool, less boring filler, less sniffing its own farts, no constant quips and other small changes”.

Digging in a little, the user goes on to state that the edit contains “absolutely no Brie Larson” and “less kitchen psychology”. The scene of Hawkeye training his daughter has been removed, because “young women should learn skills to become good wives and mothers”. Tony Stark no longer asks “his wife’s permission to save the universe”. There are much fewer women in the final battle, since “they should be at home taking care of their kids”. And, most importantly, the Ancient One – Sorcerer Supreme, leader of the Masters of the Mystic Arts, centuries-long unconquerable protector of Earth – now just hands the time stone over because she “gets scared of Hulk” and the fact that she didn’t immediately do this in the original was “a giant plothole”. Oh, and Black Panther isn’t in it as much for some reason. Not sure why, really.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Mafro » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Hexx wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jun/19/avengers-endame-de-feminized-edit

An anonymous internet user has re-edited Endgame and posted it to torrent sites under the new – and, if anything, catchier – title Avengers Endgame De-Feminized Edit AKA Anti-Cheese-Cut.

The new film itself is quite hard to come by, but luckily the user detailed most of the major changes in a note. The headline takeaway is that it’s “Endgame, but shorter, no feminism, no gay gooseberry fool, less boring filler, less sniffing its own farts, no constant quips and other small changes”.

Digging in a little, the user goes on to state that the edit contains “absolutely no Brie Larson” and “less kitchen psychology”. The scene of Hawkeye training his daughter has been removed, because “young women should learn skills to become good wives and mothers”. Tony Stark no longer asks “his wife’s permission to save the universe”. There are much fewer women in the final battle, since “they should be at home taking care of their kids”. And, most importantly, the Ancient One – Sorcerer Supreme, leader of the Masters of the Mystic Arts, centuries-long unconquerable protector of Earth – now just hands the time stone over because she “gets scared of Hulk” and the fact that she didn’t immediately do this in the original was “a giant plothole”. Oh, and Black Panther isn’t in it as much for some reason. Not sure why, really.

Image

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Ad7 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:20 pm

Someome put Taff on suicide watch

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:10 pm

I heard about that a month or so ago and I've seen it listed on Torrent trackers before, so it's been around for a while. Pathetic little wankers each and every one.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by BID0 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:19 pm

In cooler news... Gabriel Luna is going to be Ghost Rider again, in his own show "Marvel's Ghost Rider" on Hulu.

Image

It was announced a month ago but I missed it and so did everyone else it seems

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Tomous » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:19 am

Hexx wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jun/19/avengers-endame-de-feminized-edit

An anonymous internet user has re-edited Endgame and posted it to torrent sites under the new – and, if anything, catchier – title Avengers Endgame De-Feminized Edit AKA Anti-Cheese-Cut.

The new film itself is quite hard to come by, but luckily the user detailed most of the major changes in a note. The headline takeaway is that it’s “Endgame, but shorter, no feminism, no gay gooseberry fool, less boring filler, less sniffing its own farts, no constant quips and other small changes”.

Digging in a little, the user goes on to state that the edit contains “absolutely no Brie Larson” and “less kitchen psychology”. The scene of Hawkeye training his daughter has been removed, because “young women should learn skills to become good wives and mothers”. Tony Stark no longer asks “his wife’s permission to save the universe”. There are much fewer women in the final battle, since “they should be at home taking care of their kids”. And, most importantly, the Ancient One – Sorcerer Supreme, leader of the Masters of the Mystic Arts, centuries-long unconquerable protector of Earth – now just hands the time stone over because she “gets scared of Hulk” and the fact that she didn’t immediately do this in the original was “a giant plothole”. Oh, and Black Panther isn’t in it as much for some reason. Not sure why, really.



Well at least they’re not being given the attention they were clearly going for :fp:

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Cheeky Devlin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:01 am

Tomous wrote:
Hexx wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jun/19/avengers-endame-de-feminized-edit

An anonymous internet user has re-edited Endgame and posted it to torrent sites under the new – and, if anything, catchier – title Avengers Endgame De-Feminized Edit AKA Anti-Cheese-Cut.

The new film itself is quite hard to come by, but luckily the user detailed most of the major changes in a note. The headline takeaway is that it’s “Endgame, but shorter, no feminism, no gay gooseberry fool, less boring filler, less sniffing its own farts, no constant quips and other small changes”.

Digging in a little, the user goes on to state that the edit contains “absolutely no Brie Larson” and “less kitchen psychology”. The scene of Hawkeye training his daughter has been removed, because “young women should learn skills to become good wives and mothers”. Tony Stark no longer asks “his wife’s permission to save the universe”. There are much fewer women in the final battle, since “they should be at home taking care of their kids”. And, most importantly, the Ancient One – Sorcerer Supreme, leader of the Masters of the Mystic Arts, centuries-long unconquerable protector of Earth – now just hands the time stone over because she “gets scared of Hulk” and the fact that she didn’t immediately do this in the original was “a giant plothole”. Oh, and Black Panther isn’t in it as much for some reason. Not sure why, really.



Well at least they’re not being given the attention they were clearly going for :fp:

Yeah, I don't get why you would signal-boost this.

EDIT: Them, not you Tomous. :lol:

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Tomous » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:27 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Hexx wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jun/19/avengers-endame-de-feminized-edit

An anonymous internet user has re-edited Endgame and posted it to torrent sites under the new – and, if anything, catchier – title Avengers Endgame De-Feminized Edit AKA Anti-Cheese-Cut.

The new film itself is quite hard to come by, but luckily the user detailed most of the major changes in a note. The headline takeaway is that it’s “Endgame, but shorter, no feminism, no gay gooseberry fool, less boring filler, less sniffing its own farts, no constant quips and other small changes”.

Digging in a little, the user goes on to state that the edit contains “absolutely no Brie Larson” and “less kitchen psychology”. The scene of Hawkeye training his daughter has been removed, because “young women should learn skills to become good wives and mothers”. Tony Stark no longer asks “his wife’s permission to save the universe”. There are much fewer women in the final battle, since “they should be at home taking care of their kids”. And, most importantly, the Ancient One – Sorcerer Supreme, leader of the Masters of the Mystic Arts, centuries-long unconquerable protector of Earth – now just hands the time stone over because she “gets scared of Hulk” and the fact that she didn’t immediately do this in the original was “a giant plothole”. Oh, and Black Panther isn’t in it as much for some reason. Not sure why, really.



Well at least they’re not being given the attention they were clearly going for :fp:

Yeah, I don't get why you would signal-boost this.

EDIT: Them, not you Tomous. :lol:


Don’t worry, I got that :lol:

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: Garcadia's Umbral Plains

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Preezy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:57 pm

Just saw the new Spider-Man trailer, yikes that looked like a lot of green screen.

Image
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Endgame
by Wedgie » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:31 am

Spider-Man Far From Home.

The first mid credit scene is amazing. And shocking as well. And the god-damn cameo is superb. The second one is a bit disappointing, but it does highlight what the plan may be.

Jake Gyllenhaal is excellent as Mysterio. The origin story is a bit disappointing but Jake sold the role well.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!

Return to “Stuff”