Marvel Shows on Netflix - All Cancelled

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by Mafro » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:05 am

Melissa Rosenberg, writer on the Twilight movies ( :dread: ) will be the showrunner for the Jessica Jones series http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/12/ ... ix-series/
She may be best known for Twilight and elicit an automatic negative reaction, but Rosenberg is very respected for her TV work on series like Dexter, and more than that, she’s very familiar with Jessica Jones as she had previously worked on writing for the Marvel superhero three years ago when a series was in development at ABC. The Netflix series will be a different incarnation, according to Deadline, though Jones will still be hanging up her spandex and opening a detective agency.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: N.Ireland
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by tomvek » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:40 pm

Another showrunner and writer confirmed, but this time for 'Daredevil':

Marvel.com brought you the first news of the historic team-up between Marvel Television and Netflix, and now we’re proud to officially announce that award-winning writer/director Drew Goddard ("Buffy The Vampire Slayer," "Lost," "Cloverfield," "Cabin in the Woods," "World War Z") will join Marvel’s "Daredevil"! Goddard will write and direct the "Daredevil" first episode, setting the tone and look for the show, while also serving as series Showrunner and Executive Producer for the 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015.

http://marvel.com/news/story/21604/drew ... on_netflix

Image Image
User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by FatDaz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:22 am

Hans, Booby wrote:Melissa Rosenberg, writer on the Twilight movies ( :dread: ) will be the showrunner for the Jessica Jones series http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/12/ ... ix-series/
She may be best known for Twilight and elicit an automatic negative reaction, but Rosenberg is very respected for her TV work on series like Dexter, and more than that, she’s very familiar with Jessica Jones as she had previously worked on writing for the Marvel superhero three years ago when a series was in development at ABC. The Netflix series will be a different incarnation, according to Deadline, though Jones will still be hanging up her spandex and opening a detective agency.


Given the massive drop in quality there :dread:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by Moggy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:14 am

FatDaz wrote:
Hans, Booby wrote:Melissa Rosenberg, writer on the Twilight movies ( :dread: ) will be the showrunner for the Jessica Jones series http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/12/ ... ix-series/
She may be best known for Twilight and elicit an automatic negative reaction, but Rosenberg is very respected for her TV work on series like Dexter, and more than that, she’s very familiar with Jessica Jones as she had previously worked on writing for the Marvel superhero three years ago when a series was in development at ABC. The Netflix series will be a different incarnation, according to Deadline, though Jones will still be hanging up her spandex and opening a detective agency.


Given the massive drop in quality there :dread:


Looks like she was only involved in the older seasons of Dexter not the recent abomination.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0742279/film ... #tt0773262

User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by FatDaz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:23 pm

Egg Noggy wrote:
FatDaz wrote:
Hans, Booby wrote:Melissa Rosenberg, writer on the Twilight movies ( :dread: ) will be the showrunner for the Jessica Jones series http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/12/ ... ix-series/
She may be best known for Twilight and elicit an automatic negative reaction, but Rosenberg is very respected for her TV work on series like Dexter, and more than that, she’s very familiar with Jessica Jones as she had previously worked on writing for the Marvel superhero three years ago when a series was in development at ABC. The Netflix series will be a different incarnation, according to Deadline, though Jones will still be hanging up her spandex and opening a detective agency.


Given the massive drop in quality there :dread:


Looks like she was only involved in the older seasons of Dexter not the recent abomination.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0742279/film ... #tt0773262


Yeah in fact looking at that, Dexter went to crap after she left (end of season 4) so maybe my initial fear was completely unfounded.

User avatar
HM
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by HM » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:45 pm


Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
User avatar
TV Dinner
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by TV Dinner » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Is that Greg Land art I spy? :dread:

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by Ironhide » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:17 pm

The only one of these characters I know anything about is Daredevil, never heard of the others.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by Mafro » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:10 pm

If they basically do a direct adaptation of Alias, then I'll oddly be most looking forward to the Jessica Jones show.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
TV Dinner
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by TV Dinner » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Vincent D'Onofrio looking very Kingpin (and Bendis) in New York.


User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by Mafro » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Oh wow he's really looking the part.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
TV Dinner
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by TV Dinner » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:50 pm

I have high expectations for Daredevil.

User avatar
1>3>4>2
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Anung

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by 1>3>4>2 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:19 pm

The casting was good already but damn he went all out.

Ad7 wrote:GOT GUD :datass:

Check out my youtube channel where I sporadically release videos whenever I can be bothered. https://www.youtube.com/user/contardation
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by BID0 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Vincent D’Onofrio Talks Kingpin, Marvel Fans and ‘Defenders’ Crossover
Image

No, you shouldn’t adjust your computer screen. The above photo is of Vincent D’Onofrio, who shaved his head for his role as Wilson Fisk (aka Kingpin) in Marvel’s upcoming ‘Daredevil‘ series, to stream on Netflix in 2015. As he told ScreenCrush earlier today, tonight he’s filming a big scene in Brooklyn where “it’s the first time you see my character do something physical.” Given how intimidating the ‘Law & Order: Criminal Intent’ vet looks in person with this new look — mind you, he’s also 6’4” — we can’t wait to see how his character comes to life on-screen.

Now you’re branching off into two major franchises, one of them – we talked about it a little bit – is ‘Daredevil.’ How has this transition for you been, especially with ‘Daredevil,’ which has such a diehard fanbase, and sometimes even fundamentally so?
Yeah, it’s huge. It’s huge. I mean the whole Marvel world is so huge. But I gotta tell you, I couldn’t be working for nicer people. I really am. I’m just having a great time. The whole — the way that we’re shooting it, our Daredevil, everybody that’s in the show, is just going so well. Tonight we have a big fight scene that’s happening. It’s the first time you see my character do something physical.

Everybody I talk to who has been involved in a Marvel project describes [the experience] almost as their childhood fantasy come to life.
Yeah. I mean, it’s kinda cool. The thing about Marvel is that they’re not – they’re into real acting. They’re looking for artists that are willing to take chances and are willing to create characters, even if that character has been around for years and years in comic books, they still are depending on us to create something and take it somewhere else.
Robert Downey [Jr.] is the perfect example of that. Who knew that Iron Man was going to be who Robert made him?

That’s true.
And Jon Favreau. I would have never guessed Iron Man was going to be that kind of Tony Stark. Not in a million years, and, you know, that’s because of Jon and especially Robert. So, everybody is following suit with that. Personally, I felt Downey kind of led the way in that, and he’s kind of said to the studios and to the public, “It can work. These Marvel things can work.”

Did he give you any advice?
…Actually, we have discussed Marvel, but just in the kind of “great that we’re both doing characters that are in the same world.”

Does that potential for crossover — whether it’s branching out into other TV shows or branching out into Marvel movies — does that entice you about this?
Well, I think they have some kind of plan. I’m not really allowed to discuss what the plan is, but they have a plan. I think the beginning of the plan is series stuff with Netflix, and then they have a bigger plan to branch out, but I wouldn’t be able to tell you specifically what that is.

Image

That’s fair. With such an iconic villain, though, as the Kingpin, there are a lot of fans out there with their ideas of what this man is. For you, what is that character and what do you want to bring, or what are you most excited to bring out in this character?
[Brief silence] I’m not gonna tell you.
I think – it’s not just me, by the way, it’s the writer. It’s Steven DeKnight, it’s Jeph Loeb at Marvel, it’s the scripts, and it’s me. I think it’s gonna be the … I hope — I should say – I hope it’s gonna be the new way to look at Wilson Fisk. I think that there will be no other Wilson Fisk but this one after we’re all done with it. That’s what we’re hoping for.

Just from the people I’ve spoken to, they’ve been so ecstatic over your casting in this role.
It seems to be working really well, yeah.

Does fan reaction, or fan interaction or projections, get to your head at all?
No, I love it. It’s like when you’re doing a play and you feel the audience before you walk out for your first cue, you know? That feeling is quite something. When you do a play, you do so many performances. You show up in the dressing room after your 100th performance and you’re like, “I don’t wanna do this play anymore. I just don’t wanna play it anymore.” And you’re about to break into tears because you just don’t wanna do this strawberry floating play anymore, you know? And in dressing rooms in theaters, you have these little speaker boxes, and you can hear the audience coming in. Once the audience starts coming in, hearing them, you suddenly go from hating the play to wanting to go out again, just by hearing the audience. And so it’s the same kind of thing. I can hear the audience with these fans of ‘Daredevil’ and these fans of Marvel, and it just makes you enthusiastic.

I don’t know how into detail you’re allowed to get, so definitely stop me if I’m going too far, but all these Marvel worlds, especially ‘Daredevil,’ have a wealth of characters and villains and all these crazy people who can cross-pollinate…
Yeah, The Defenders.

Obviously the Kingpin is going to be a main focal point from the villainy side of things. Are there any other characters you can tease or point out from the comics?
No, not specifically. I can’t talk about anything. I can just say that they’re gonna go all the way. They’re gonna go super cool — like, super, super cool.

http://screencrush.com/daredevil-vincen ... exclusive/

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by BID0 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:25 am

Deborah Ann Woll has finally been spotted on the set of Daredevil dressed as 'Karen Page.' She was seen filming a scene with Elden Henson (“Mighty Ducks”), who is playing Foggy Nelson

Image

User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by Jam-Master Jay » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:35 am

Deborah Ann Woll. :wub:

Almost makes True Blood worth watching.

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by BID0 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:12 pm

Image

"New York City is home to Marvel and some of the greatest fans in the world, so we ensured that Marvel Television brought its biggest panels ever to this NYCC!," Jeph Loeb, Marvel's Head of Television said in a statement released today. "Not only will fans get to experience our incredible partnership with Netflix as we introduce the cast of 'Marvel's Daredevil' for the first time, but they'll get to see the world premiere of a new 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' episode and their first look at the future of all their favorite super heroes courtesy of Marvel Animation." So far, only Charlie Cox is confirmed to be coming to the event which takes place from October 9th - 12th at the Javits Center in New York City, but you have to imagine that he'll be joined by some of his co-stars and that they'll also be bringing some footage from the Netflix series! Of course, we all thought that would be the case at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, so hopefully this will add up to more than just a cast appearance and quick Q&A session. I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I'd say we'll get a first look at Daredevil's costume before or during this panel. What do you guys think?
Marvel Animation Presents
(Friday, October 10 – 4:15 PM – 5:00 PM)

Jeph Loeb, Marvel's Head of Television, brings you the biggest animation panel in this universe – or any other. Get an exclusive first look at content from Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. season two and the future of Marvel Animation.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
(Friday, October 10 – 5:45 PM – 6:45 PM)

Jeph Loeb returns with exciting news and the world premiere of all new episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. before it debuts on ABC!

Marvel's Daredevil, Exclusively on Netflix
(Saturday, October 11 – 5:15 PM – 6:15 PM)

Join the cast of Marvel's Daredevil in their first-ever appearance with show-runner Steve DeKnight and moderator Jeph Loeb to answer questions and reveal secrets from the hotly-anticipated show debuting on Netflix in 2015.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=107461

User avatar
TV Dinner
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by TV Dinner » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:22 pm

Looking forward to it. :datass:

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by BID0 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:46 pm

Idris Elba Reveals Why He Won't Be Playing LUKE CAGE In The Netflix Series
Idris Elba already plays Heimdall in the THOR movies, but he's made no secret about wanting to take on a leading role elsewhere in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Well, despite a lot of speculation, it clearly won't be as Luke Cage because the actor reveals that someone else has already been chosen...

Late last year, Luther and Pacific Rim star Idris Elba revealed that he had at one point talked to Marvel about playing Luke Cage on the big screen. It wasn't clear whether this was before or after he was cast in THOR, but many fans believed that there was a possibility he'd be chosen to play the character in the upcoming Netflix series. That clearly isn't the case however as he revealed the following in a recent AMA on reddit to promote his new movie No Good Deed. "Uh, I think there's an actor already signed on for it, fortunately or unfortunately." So, it appears as if Marvel and Netflix are being very careful when it comes to revealing their casting choices in these shows, especially as word has it that Jessica Jones has also been found. It's a shame that Elba won't land the role, but it's understandable that Marvel wouldn't want to cast the same actor as two different characters. Hopefully Heimdall gets a bigger part to play in the third THOR.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=107938

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Marvel Creating Four New Shows For Netflix
by Lagamorph » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:21 pm

[iup=3569791]BID0[/iup] wrote:Idris Elba Reveals Why He Won't Be Playing LUKE CAGE In The Netflix Series
Idris Elba already plays Heimdall in the THOR movies, but he's made no secret about wanting to take on a leading role elsewhere in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Well, despite a lot of speculation, it clearly won't be as Luke Cage because the actor reveals that someone else has already been chosen...

Late last year, Luther and Pacific Rim star Idris Elba revealed that he had at one point talked to Marvel about playing Luke Cage on the big screen. It wasn't clear whether this was before or after he was cast in THOR, but many fans believed that there was a possibility he'd be chosen to play the character in the upcoming Netflix series. That clearly isn't the case however as he revealed the following in a recent AMA on reddit to promote his new movie No Good Deed. "Uh, I think there's an actor already signed on for it, fortunately or unfortunately." So, it appears as if Marvel and Netflix are being very careful when it comes to revealing their casting choices in these shows, especially as word has it that Jessica Jones has also been found. It's a shame that Elba won't land the role, but it's understandable that Marvel wouldn't want to cast the same actor as two different characters. Hopefully Heimdall gets a bigger part to play in the third THOR.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=107938

He already played another character in another Marvel film, so it would actually be his third marvel character.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dowbocop, Garth, ignition, Lex-Man, Peter Crisp, Rich and 61 guests