Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Yoshimi » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:19 pm

Are they just not telling us if we get the Spider-Man upgrade for free (if we own the PS4 version) in order to sell more Ultimate Editions?

Communication on this launch has been shocking.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Yoshimi wrote:Are they just not telling us if we get the Spider-Man upgrade for free (if we own the PS4 version) in order to sell more Ultimate Editions?


Are you saying they're keeping quiet so people buy the Ultimate Edition? I mean... I guess Marvel Games Guy didn't announce it in a official capacity, but he just stated there that to get the remaster you have to buy Ultimate. Apologies if that's what you're saying, you phrasing of the sentence just threw me off / it's been a long day.

So has anyone managed to pre-order Ultimate Edition? Is it even available yet?

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Yoshimi » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:11 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:Are they just not telling us if we get the Spider-Man upgrade for free (if we own the PS4 version) in order to sell more Ultimate Editions?


Are you saying they're keeping quiet so people buy the Ultimate Edition? I mean... I guess Marvel Games Guy didn't announce it in a official capacity, but he just stated there that to get the remaster you have to buy Ultimate. Apologies if that's what you're saying, you phrasing of the sentence just threw me off / it's been a long day.

So has anyone managed to pre-order Ultimate Edition? Is it even available yet?


Yeah that's what I was suggesting. I don't know who this Marvel guy is. I'd like an official answer. The PS5 launch has been a confusing mess and this is just one of many questions I'd like an answer to.

Simply games have the ultimate edition up for pre-order by the way
https://www.simplygames.com/p/marvels-s ... dition-ps5

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:12 pm

Bless you!

EDIT: strawberry floating HELL.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Yoshimi » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:17 pm

Also on Amazon (but doesn't seem to appear when you search for it).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvels-Spider ... uage=en_GB

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:17 pm

Amazon's search is freaking bizarre. It's a wonder they sell anything. Ta again.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Yoshimi » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:20 pm

Sorry for all the posts, but I'm just looking around and finding listings on various sites.

Ultimate Edition £67.99 at 365games
https://www.365games.co.uk/ps5-games/ma ... n-ps5-game

Standard Edition £48.99 at 365games
https://www.365games.co.uk/ps5-games/ma ... s-ps5-game

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:28 pm

Never apologise for making people aware of cheaper prices.

I have no idea what I'm going to get for launch :lol:

Last edited by Saint of Killers on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by ITSMILNER » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:44 pm

So I’ve gone for the Ultimate edition of this, I loved the first Spidey so the thought of playing through it again with remastered bells and whistles was too alluring

Now I just need to decide if I play that first of Miles :lol:

EDIT: Might get some info on an upgrade path for PS4 Spidey owners


Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Saint of Killers » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:25 pm

Remaster won't get a physical release and saves from the original version won't transfer over to it: https://www.dualshockers.com/marvels-sp ... -transfer/

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Zilnad » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:04 am

I'm not too upset about the saves as it just means I have to 100% it again for a third time :wub:

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Saint of Killers » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:32 am

It's put me off starting from the remaster; I wanted to do the DLC and then move on to Miles's main event. O well. No biggie. Will just start with the new game and leave the remaster for when I have nothing else to play.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by ITSMILNER » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:34 am

Saint of Killers wrote:It's put me off starting from the remaster; I wanted to do the DLC and then move on to Miles's main event. O well. No biggie. Will just start with the new game and leave the remaster for when I have nothing else to play.


Apologies if I am misreading this, I’m pretty sure thought that you can select the DLC to play without having to finish the main game.

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Saint of Killers » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:37 am

ITSMILNER wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:It's put me off starting from the remaster; I wanted to do the DLC and then move on to Miles's main event. O well. No biggie. Will just start with the new game and leave the remaster for when I have nothing else to play.


Apologies if I am misreading this, I’m pretty sure thought that you can select the DLC to play without having to finish the main game.


No, you didn't misread - I assumed powers you unlocked from main game would carry over? So if I did the DLC without touching the main remastered game, what would my Spidey powers and abilities be like?

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by KjGarly » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:44 am

Wait, so no free upgrade to those with the Digital Deluxe Edition on PS4? I'd actually have to buy the game again? The strawberry float :x

Image
Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by ITSMILNER » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:49 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:It's put me off starting from the remaster; I wanted to do the DLC and then move on to Miles's main event. O well. No biggie. Will just start with the new game and leave the remaster for when I have nothing else to play.


Apologies if I am misreading this, I’m pretty sure thought that you can select the DLC to play without having to finish the main game.


No, you didn't misread - I assumed powers you unlocked from main game would carry over? So if I did the DLC without touching the main remastered game, what would my Spidey powers and abilities be like?


Ahh right, yeah, you would most likely be base Spidey without any abilities which is very annoying.

KjGarly wrote:Wait, so no free upgrade to those with the Digital Deluxe Edition on PS4? I'd actually have to buy the game again? The strawberry float :x


Well, they tweeted that they will have more info to share on this stuff soon. It’s possible you might be able to upgrade perhaps for a nominal fee? Hopefully they donut wait too long to announce this stuff though

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by KK » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:00 am

Spider Man PS5 works out at around £14 as part of the Ultimate version, so in that regards it's priced up the same as the current PS4 version.

I realise some work has gone into upgrading it for PS5, but it's ridiculous that the only option at the moment is to effectively sell your PS4 copy (if you can) and then buy it again. Something like a £6 upgrade DLC pack would be fair. Or free for Plus subscribers.

Image
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by KjGarly » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:18 am

ITSMILNER wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:It's put me off starting from the remaster; I wanted to do the DLC and then move on to Miles's main event. O well. No biggie. Will just start with the new game and leave the remaster for when I have nothing else to play.


Apologies if I am misreading this, I’m pretty sure thought that you can select the DLC to play without having to finish the main game.


No, you didn't misread - I assumed powers you unlocked from main game would carry over? So if I did the DLC without touching the main remastered game, what would my Spidey powers and abilities be like?


Ahh right, yeah, you would most likely be base Spidey without any abilities which is very annoying.

KjGarly wrote:Wait, so no free upgrade to those with the Digital Deluxe Edition on PS4? I'd actually have to buy the game again? The strawberry float :x


Well, they tweeted that they will have more info to share on this stuff soon. It’s possible you might be able to upgrade perhaps for a nominal fee? Hopefully they donut wait too long to announce this stuff though


Yeah hopefully they I don't glaze over the info when it's released.

Image
Image
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Venom » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:12 am

I haven't read the Spider-Man comics in years. Do the public know Morales is a different Spider-Man and does he have a different name?

Also, the other thing that I've always wondered about is you have these heroes like Batman or Spider-Man (Supergirl is different as she's related). And then you get these other people using the same costume don't the heroes mind, or complain? And was it in the first game that Peter Parker said he couldn't monetise his license unless he revealed his identity or was that from one of the new movies? Just wondering!

User avatar
Minto
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland!

PostRe: Marvels Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS5 | Christmas 2020
by Minto » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:37 am

Lagamorph wrote:Really hope there's nothing like the Miles/Mary Jane sections from the first game :dread:

:dread:

PSN: MintKorp - NNID: Mintoisking

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Cumberdanes, Damian, Finish.Last, Mafro, Trelliz and 58 guests