Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Preezy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:28 am

The review footage all looks great but also far too intense and scary for me to enjoy :dread:

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Saint of Killers » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:31 am

Preezy wrote:The review footage all looks great but also far too intense and scary for me to enjoy :dread:


Did you play either of the previous two games? If it's anything like those, then it'll fall on the right side of scary. (Scary but not too scary.) I hope it has a similar number of jump scares. (I think those were in single digit numbers over both games. In fact, I can recall only one.)

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Preezy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:35 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
Preezy wrote:The review footage all looks great but also far too intense and scary for me to enjoy :dread:


Did you play either of the previous two games? If it's anything like those, then it'll fall on the right side of scary. (Scary but not too scary.) I hope it has a similar number of jump scares. (I think those were in single digit numbers over both games. In fact, I can recall only one.)

I played the original when it first came out years ago (mainly thanks to a great montage video that Brer made), and enjoyed it but wasn't very good at it.

I'm just a wimp these days, can't be dealing with too much stress in my games :lol:

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Peter Crisp » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:35 am

I'm installing this now and will play it when I get back from swimming.
I got the standard edition and as I had some cheap xbox credit I got the Expansion Pass even though we know nothing about it :shifty: .

I'm that confident this is going to be just that amazing that I'm willing to throw money at them :toot: .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:41 am

Preezy wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Preezy wrote:The review footage all looks great but also far too intense and scary for me to enjoy :dread:


Did you play either of the previous two games? If it's anything like those, then it'll fall on the right side of scary. (Scary but not too scary.) I hope it has a similar number of jump scares. (I think those were in single digit numbers over both games. In fact, I can recall only one.)

I played the original when it first came out years ago (mainly thanks to a great montage video that Brer made), and enjoyed it but wasn't very good at it.

I'm just a wimp these days, can't be dealing with too much stress in my games :lol:


Both original titles had some spooky segments that had me thoroughly on edge at times (the surface paranormal stuff in LL was my most feared one), but going by the IGN review, we essentially leave them behind in Moscow in favor of the human stories of our traveling companions. That said, it does look like we'll be spending time in underground environments and they might get a bit tense or spoopy at times, but not like before.

Last edited by Alvin Flummux on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Mafro » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:42 am

It's strawberry floating quality.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by rinks » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:18 pm

I was going to wait until this went cheap, but I might be about to purchase the 1X bundle that includes all three in the series. (I already played the originals on 360.)

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Mafro » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:35 pm

rinks wrote:I was going to wait until this went cheap, but I might be about to purchase the 1X bundle that includes all three in the series. (I already played the originals on 360.)

The Redux versions of 2033 and Last Light were great ports.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Cal
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Cal » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Somehow I just never could get into this IP. I have Redux versions of 2033 and Last Light on PS4 - I've never played more than (maybe) half an hour of either. It just never clicked for me.

Image
XB1X: CalUKGR PS4Pro: CalUKGR
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Mafro wrote:
rinks wrote:I was going to wait until this went cheap, but I might be about to purchase the 1X bundle that includes all three in the series. (I already played the originals on 360.)

The Redux versions of 2033 and Last Light were great ports.


I need to get into LL Redux. :shifty: The seemingly harder good/bad deed system and the fact that the canon good ending is tough as balls to achieve is incredibly off-putting though.

I hope Exodus dispenses with it, as it does the bullet currency system.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Mafro » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Rubbish game and a buggy mess so says the ResetEra thread.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Preezy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:48 pm

Yikes

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Mafro » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:50 pm

strawberry float spiders btw.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Glowy69 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Good start. very metro. Looks lovely.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Monkey Man » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:04 pm



- Lighting, effects buffers run on different (lower than native) resolutions on consoles.
- There will be a specific PC breakdown video with more info on that, including RTX benefits.

Resolution & Visuals:
- XBX runs at native 2160p.
- PS4 Pro runs at native 1440p.
- Base PS4 runs at native 1080p.
- Base Xbox One runs with dynamically adjusting 1080p. Lowest encountered just under 900p.
- There is a chance all consoles might use dynamic, but only noticed during testing on base Xbox.

- PS4 and Xbox family consoles have different gamma curves, Xbox consoles seem to suffer from black crush.
- Base Xbox loses some detail on texture filtering, but otherwise assets look identical on all consoles.
- All consoles miss the advance physics simulation of PC version.
- Base consoles have lower LoD settings (base Xbox is lowest)
- Geometry is improved/increased on Xbox X and PS4 Pro

Fog/Effect Resolutions:
- Base Xbox uses 33% scale resolution for fogs, bullet muzzle etc.
- Base Xbox uses 50% scale per axis.
- Pro and X push effects somewhere a little under 1080p.

Performance:
- Base Xbox One is surprisingly solid performing version. The most consistently playing version.
- Base PS4 holds 30 FPS frequently, but drops and adaptive vsync kicks in. Base Xbox suffers much less from this.
- In firefights, base PS4 is the worst performing of the bunch.
- In Mid-Gens. Xbox X is generally the better performing version of the two. Both have some drops, Pro has some more of them.

Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:15 pm

Mafro wrote:Rubbish game and a buggy mess so says the ResetEra thread.


Maybe, but it's ResetEra, so I wouldn't take them seriously. That said, the original version of LL had a terrible bug that stopped all NPC movement animations, so I wouldn't put it past this game to have some similar issues.

Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Glowy69 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:11 am

Only played a bit. But its classic metro. Just found the train. More story in the first 10 minutes than most shooters have all game. :wub:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Glowy69 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:11 am

Onto the first main "area" bit difficult this is :slol: Been massacred quite a few times because of being out in the open, the ability to change your weapons on the fly is great. Its really pretty as well. :wub:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Meep » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:20 am

This thing looks like GPU torture. Reminds of the good old days.

User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Metro Exodus - 2018 (Xbox, PC & PS4)
by Albear » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:16 am

Not enough metro chat! This game has been surprisingly good so far. Really like the new openish direction they have taken.

Seems to be well optimised as well. Rock solid 60fps with ultra settings at 1440p. 4k is too much for my system with fps dropping to 30 unfortunately.

Think some of the reviews of this have been a bit harsh.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jordan UK, PuppetBoy, Ste and 44 guests