Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by DML » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:33 pm

Oh my god, I honestly think its going to be Sega.

Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Monkey Man » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:02 pm

DML wrote:Oh my god, I honestly think its going to be Sega.

Image

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Robbo-92 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:03 pm

Well there were rumours of the Xbox being branded as a Sega machine in Japan not too long ago weren’t there? Maybe they were onto something.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Captain Kinopio » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:06 pm

Does Japan not have really strict laws about foreign companies taking over their own businesses. I’d always heard that as a case against a Nintendo take over.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Saint of Killers » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:18 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:Does Japan not have really strict laws about foreign companies taking over their own businesses. I’d always heard that as a case against a Nintendo take over.


That's not a law. Just overly traditional business culture.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by rinks » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:34 pm

What about Sumo?

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by rinks » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:34 pm

(The company.)

User avatar
HailToTheKingBaby!
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by HailToTheKingBaby! » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:50 pm

It's odd that the Yakuza Devs seem to have been getting cosy with Microsoft lately with 0 and 1&2 coming straight to gamepass and the latest one being a timed next gen exclusive on Series X which even a year ago would seem unthinkable, maybe Sega are looking to sell to make some cash.. would give MS a Japanese studio with a proven pedigree and a hugely popular franchise too.. prob would cost a tiny fraction of what Bethesda cost too.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by ITSMILNER » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:53 pm

rinks wrote:What about Sumo?


I thought Sumo and Image & Form would be great additions to the Xbox portfolio

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Lagamorph » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:57 pm

HailToTheKingBaby! wrote:It's odd that the Yakuza Devs seem to have been getting cosy with Microsoft lately with 0 and 1&2 coming straight to gamepass and the latest one being a timed next gen exclusive on Series X which even a year ago would seem unthinkable, maybe Sega are looking to sell to make some cash.. would give MS a Japanese studio with a proven pedigree and a hugely popular franchise too.. prob would cost a tiny fraction of what Bethesda cost too.

The Yakuza series going Xbox exclusive would be quite the reversal from the series roots.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Photek » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:59 pm

Monkey Man wrote:
DML wrote:Oh my god, I honestly think its going to be Sega.

Image

:lol:

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Garth » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:53 pm

He actually got something right, predicted 2020 as well:
https://youtu.be/eIeo7oFdtF4?t=504

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Tomous » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:23 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Captain Kinopio wrote:Does Japan not have really strict laws about foreign companies taking over their own businesses. I’d always heard that as a case against a Nintendo take over.


That's not a law. Just overly traditional business culture.


There are tighter regulations on foreign investment:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japa ... SKBN22K0Z0

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Saint of Killers » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:33 pm

Tomous wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Captain Kinopio wrote:Does Japan not have really strict laws about foreign companies taking over their own businesses. I’d always heard that as a case against a Nintendo take over.


That's not a law. Just overly traditional business culture.


There are tighter regulations on foreign investment:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japa ... SKBN22K0Z0


For companies deemed key to national security, aye. Was that law in place when MS were looking to buy Nintendo all those years ago? I can't see Sega or Nintendo being on that list, and Sony is likely on it for reasons other than the DualShock :P

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Venom » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:39 pm

Garth wrote:He actually got something right, predicted 2020 as well:
https://youtu.be/eIeo7oFdtF4?t=504


Remarkably prescient! :lol:

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Tomous » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:43 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Captain Kinopio wrote:Does Japan not have really strict laws about foreign companies taking over their own businesses. I’d always heard that as a case against a Nintendo take over.


That's not a law. Just overly traditional business culture.


There are tighter regulations on foreign investment:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japa ... SKBN22K0Z0


For companies deemed key to national security, aye. Was that law in place when MS were looking to buy Nintendo all those years ago? I can't see Sega or Nintendo being on that list, and Sony is likely on it for reasons other than the DualShock :P



There are quite few games companies on the list including Nintendo and Sega Sammy. Capcom and SE too.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Saint of Killers » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:51 pm

Tomous wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Captain Kinopio wrote:Does Japan not have really strict laws about foreign companies taking over their own businesses. I’d always heard that as a case against a Nintendo take over.


That's not a law. Just overly traditional business culture.


There are tighter regulations on foreign investment:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japa ... SKBN22K0Z0


For companies deemed key to national security, aye. Was that law in place when MS were looking to buy Nintendo all those years ago? I can't see Sega or Nintendo being on that list, and Sony is likely on it for reasons other than the DualShock :P



There are quite few games companies on the list including Nintendo and Sega Sammy. Capcom and SE too.


:lol: O Japan, you silly.

I think all that means is Japanese government would want to... wet their beaks a little.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Monkey Man » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:25 pm


Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Mafro » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:41 pm

No.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks.
by Photek » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:51 pm


Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Finish.Last, Godzilla, GrinWithoutaKat, jiggles, kerr9000, KjGarly, Photek, Poser, Tafdolphin, TonyDA, Trelliz, Wedgie, Xeno, Yubel and 54 guests