Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
HaruKazuhira
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: The Dandelion, Balduq City

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by HaruKazuhira » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:34 pm

Dang thats a shame. I guess they wanted to keep a level playing field. Hasn't stop folks already sweating their HR tho.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Hexx » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:50 pm

I got updated to HR8 after update

Chamelos down.

A different fight, but I'm not sure I enjoyed it.

strawberry floating loving Layered Armor though

User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Jezo » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:44 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
Jezo wrote:Did a bunch of quests last night before the update cause I thought when it dropped it would see I've done a lot of the quests and bump up my HR automatically, but it seems like it doesn't take into account anything you've done previously so, bit salty.


Is this confirmed how it works then? Previous games have background tracked your progress and then the HR bump once unlocked takes account of everything you have done. It sounds dumb if doing quests as you go means they don't contribute but racing through then going back to them when they are easier does...

Uhh Idk, maybe not. Update put me to HR8, and after one quest I shot up to HR15 so Idk

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Rex Kramer » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:28 pm

£40 in Asda and I found £20 on the floor the other night when out for a walk so that must have been god telling me to buy this.

User avatar
Rik_
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Rik_ » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:31 pm

Jezo wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:
Jezo wrote:Did a bunch of quests last night before the update cause I thought when it dropped it would see I've done a lot of the quests and bump up my HR automatically, but it seems like it doesn't take into account anything you've done previously so, bit salty.


Is this confirmed how it works then? Previous games have background tracked your progress and then the HR bump once unlocked takes account of everything you have done. It sounds dumb if doing quests as you go means they don't contribute but racing through then going back to them when they are easier does...

Uhh Idk, maybe not. Update put me to HR8, and after one quest I shot up to HR15 so Idk

If that's the case maybe it's just that you need to complete a quest before the pre-update HR points are added in?

PSN - Rik2209
Switch - SW-7686-7983-2581
Discord - rik#3968
User avatar
D_C
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by D_C » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:22 pm

strawberry floating Ibushi and his 3% gem drop rate :evil:

I used to like rampages.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Hexx » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:53 am

Yikes the new village quest earns its ‘advanced’ label!

User avatar
D_C
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by D_C » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:51 pm

Hexx wrote:Yikes the new village quest earns its ‘advanced’ label!


Just gave it a go. I used all my mega potions but somehow didn't cart. I think the strat is to keep Bazel alive as long as possible, as he'll dish out a lot of damage to the others.

User avatar
HaruKazuhira
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: The Dandelion, Balduq City

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by HaruKazuhira » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:53 pm

Decided to just troop through the last few key quest so I can wrap up the main story and get to post game updates. Usually take my time going through non key quest before wrapping up the main ones solo. I need them layered armours lol >,>

User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Godzilla » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:07 pm

Unlocked level 40 HR and did the quest. Best a new monster and now I have another new quest. Currently level HR 42. I tried the new village quest but died a bit too fast. Probably do that with gunlance one day.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Hexx » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:28 pm

D_C wrote:
Hexx wrote:Yikes the new village quest earns its ‘advanced’ label!


Just gave it a go. I used all my mega potions but somehow didn't cart. I think the strat is to keep Bazel alive as long as possible, as he'll dish out a lot of damage to the others.


Oh did it on 2nd go - but blew through everything as you say. Just a huge step up from other village quests

User avatar
HaruKazuhira
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: The Dandelion, Balduq City

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by HaruKazuhira » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:25 pm

The Narwa hunt gave me super Nioh vibes which I loved. Little on the set piece side but still a really cool fight that utilises wire bugs in a neat way. So much stuff left to do plus all the update content. Just been loving every second of this game.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Hexx » Sat May 01, 2021 10:38 am

Godzilla wrote:Unlocked level 40 HR and did the quest. Best a new monster and now I have another new quest. Currently level HR 42. I tried the new village quest but died a bit too fast. Probably do that with gunlance one day.


What dat? I had nothing after Teo/Level 40?

User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Godzilla » Sat May 01, 2021 1:10 pm

Hexx wrote:
Godzilla wrote:Unlocked level 40 HR and did the quest. Best a new monster and now I have another new quest. Currently level HR 42. I tried the new village quest but died a bit too fast. Probably do that with gunlance one day.


What dat? I had nothing after Teo/Level 40?


On page 3 of quests I got the apex rathian hunt unlocked. I think it unlocks at level 40 but not sure.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Hexx » Sat May 01, 2021 2:49 pm

Not for me :(

User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Godzilla » Sat May 01, 2021 4:45 pm

Hexx wrote:Not for me :(


https://game8.co/games/Monster-Hunter-R ... ves/329828

It's called "the graceful apex rathian"

It's a gathering quest not a village quest.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Hexx » Sat May 01, 2021 8:21 pm

Godzilla wrote:
Hexx wrote:Not for me :(


https://game8.co/games/Monster-Hunter-R ... ves/329828

It's called "the graceful apex rathian"

It's a gathering quest not a village quest.


Nope still no idea - people asking on Reddit as well. Maybe some rampages unlock it

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Fade » Sat May 01, 2021 10:22 pm

Is it just me or do multi monster quests not have as much health reduction as previous games?

Maybe it's just because my set isn't that optimised yet but they seem like such a chore compared to world.

Image

SW-0093-4365-9039
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Jezo » Sat May 01, 2021 11:35 pm

Fade wrote:Is it just me or do multi monster quests not have as much health reduction as previous games?

Maybe it's just because my set isn't that optimised yet but they seem like such a chore compared to world.

I generally find multi monster quests only take a few minutes longer than single, if even that, so I think the health reduction is pretty decent

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Monster Hunter (makes my willy) Rise - GOTY OUT NOW (PC Early 2022)
by Skarjo » Sun May 02, 2021 9:47 am

Just downloaded this, me and a mate are gonna co-op it on Switch.

Any tips for someone entirely new to the whole franchise?

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, Green Gecko, ITSMILNER, kazanova_Frankenstein, Photek, Robbo-92, Tafdolphin and 149 guests