Most Forgettable Game this generation?

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Wedgie » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:04 am

Resident Evil Online that's bundled with Resident Evil 3. I can't even remember right now what's its called. :lol:

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Tafdolphin » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:48 am


---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Tomous » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:07 am

Anthem

Image
User avatar
Sandy
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Akuma / Dormin
Location: Surrey, darling

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Sandy » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:09 am

Anthem probably deserves a shoutout.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Preezy » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:46 am

Metal Gear Survive possibly, that was a dud.

Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by rinks » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:29 am

That black and white Paris taxi game.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:37 am

rinks wrote:That black and white Paris taxi game.


Awkward...

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Victor Mildew » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:48 am

rinks wrote:That black and white Paris taxi game.


Image

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Banjo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nobody cares

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Banjo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:03 am

The Order 1886.

Sony have generally been pretty good and consistent this gen for their high profile exclusives racking up a combination of sales and critical praise, even the ones that didn't quite achieve the heights have a vocal fanbase (Days Gone springs to mind, which I personally really enjoyed). The Order though? Massive push, no strawberry floater talks about it.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Lagamorph » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:08 am

Preezy wrote:Metal Gear Survive possibly, that was a dud.

Boo this man!

Metal Gear Survive was an underrated gem that a ton of people never gave a chance and shat on without ever playing it because it was cool to gooseberry fool on it.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Captain Kinopio » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:29 am

Banjo wrote:The Order 1886.

Sony have generally been pretty good and consistent this gen for their high profile exclusives racking up a combination of sales and critical praise, even the ones that didn't quite achieve the heights have a vocal fanbase (Days Gone springs to mind, which I personally really enjoyed). The Order though? Massive push, no strawberry floater talks about it.


I think The Order gets an unfair pasting and was piled on. It's a pretty fun, if short story shooter that had the added bonus of looking amazing. I think it's a real shame we'll never see a sequel.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by KK » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:29 am

more heat than light wrote:Mirrors Edge Catalyst?

I wonder what possessed them to bring it back a second time, it bombed on Xbox 360 and PS3.

I'd go with one of the Ghost Recon games. Has more mass market appeal than it did in the Xbox/PS2 era when it was very serious, but now it's just yet another Ubisoft open-worlder.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Lagamorph » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:36 am

Captain Kinopio wrote:
Banjo wrote:The Order 1886.

Sony have generally been pretty good and consistent this gen for their high profile exclusives racking up a combination of sales and critical praise, even the ones that didn't quite achieve the heights have a vocal fanbase (Days Gone springs to mind, which I personally really enjoyed). The Order though? Massive push, no strawberry floater talks about it.


I think The Order gets an unfair pasting and was piled on. It's a pretty fun, if short story shooter that had the added bonus of looking amazing. I think it's a real shame we'll never see a sequel.

I quite enjoyed The Order.

My only real criticism of it was the strawberry floating awful letterboxing through the entire game.
"Yeah you've spent a fortune on a brand new console and a nice new TV to play it on. Now have 25% of your screen be just black bars"

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Tomous » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:58 am

I've been tempted to pick up the Order, seen it quite cheap in a few places.

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Knoyleo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:11 am

KK wrote:
more heat than light wrote:Mirrors Edge Catalyst?

I wonder what possessed them to bring it back a second time, it bombed on Xbox 360 and PS3.

The original may not have sold amazingly, but it was a really good game, with a big following in the speedrunning community. It's just a shame they decided the follow should be a reboot, where they strawberry floated around with the story, and didn't really do much to improve significantly over the first game.

User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Trelliz » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:12 am

Tomous wrote:I've been tempted to pick up the Order, seen it quite cheap in a few places.


It's a fun, quite nice looking and not too long third person shooter, however I should mention a trigger warning: it sets itself up for a sequel that has never happened.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Buffalo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:18 am

It’s worth playing just for the graphics - how Ready at Dawn got that out of the hardware so early in its life is very impressive.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Preezy » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:28 am

Lagamorph wrote:
Preezy wrote:Metal Gear Survive possibly, that was a dud.

Boo this man!

It is you who is to be booed, nay-booer :capnscotty:

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:46 am

KK wrote:
more heat than light wrote:Mirrors Edge Catalyst?

I wonder what possessed them to bring it back a second time, it bombed on Xbox 360 and PS3.


It sold over 2m copies.

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Most Forgettable Game this generation?
by KK » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:48 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
KK wrote:
more heat than light wrote:Mirrors Edge Catalyst?

I wonder what possessed them to bring it back a second time, it bombed on Xbox 360 and PS3.


It sold over 2m copies.

Not surprised, it was about 5 quid.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Peter Crisp and 104 guests