Movie News/Discussion Thread

Our best bits.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Hexx » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:34 pm

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news ... hains.html

AMC, Regal and Cinemark account for nearly 12,000 screens at 881 locations across the US. The film is due to open Stateside on May 3.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Mafro » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Halle Berry was just lazy as strawberry float casting in the first place anyway.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
HM
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by HM » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Mafro wrote:Halle Berry was just lazy as strawberry float casting in the first place anyway.


Mafro wrote:No complaints from me Image

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Mafro » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:55 pm

HM wrote:
Mafro wrote:Halle Berry was just lazy as strawberry float casting in the first place anyway.


Mafro wrote:No complaints from me Image

I said that about Scarlett Johansson in Iron Man 2, not sure what it's got to do with this :?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
HM
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by HM » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Mafro wrote:
HM wrote:
Mafro wrote:Halle Berry was just lazy as strawberry float casting in the first place anyway.


Mafro wrote:No complaints from me Image

I said that about Scarlett Johansson in Iron Man 2, not sure what it's got to do with this :?


Both actresses are pretty gooseberry fool in their respective roles, but both are fit as strawberry float :datass: :datass:

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
User avatar
HM
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by HM » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:34 pm

Daredevil Officially Back With Marvel Studios

There’s not much to report as yet, but it’s an interesting technicality. The movie rights to Daredevil have reverted from 20th Century Fox to Marvel Studios and Disney.

Kevin Feige confirmed the situation when speaking with Newsarama at the Iron Man 3 junket. He gave no indication of what this will mean, however.

With Ant Man coming, and Luke Cage and Black Panther somewhere in the pipeline, we might see things at Marvel go a lot more “street level” for a stretch.

Or, with legal dramas being a TV standby and Agents of SHIELD coming along, perhaps they’ll give the man without fear a shot at small screen glory?


Image

Now cast Gosling and include Dardevil in a "street level" marvel movie with Cage and Iron Fist. Win win.

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Mafro » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Hasn't that been known about since last October?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
HM
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by HM » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Mafro wrote:Hasn't that been known about since last October?


Wasn't confirmed by the Feige-mister.

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
AKA: Preezy

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Preezy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:33 pm

Ginga wrote:Anything Halle Berry is in is awful.

Take it you've never seen Monsters Ball?

Great film, and dat sex scene :datass:

Ginga
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Ginga » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Preezy wrote:
Ginga wrote:Anything Halle Berry is in is awful.

Take it you've never seen Monsters Ball?

Great film, and dat sex scene :datass:


Yes, no and do not want.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Alvin Flummux » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:38 pm

Image

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
AKA: Preezy

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Preezy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:10 am

Ginga wrote:
Preezy wrote:
Ginga wrote:Anything Halle Berry is in is awful.

Take it you've never seen Monsters Ball?

Great film, and dat sex scene :datass:


Yes, no and do not want.

Academy Award for Actress in a Leading Role, Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role, National Board of Review Award for Best Actress

You're right, she's terrible in it.

User avatar
Gandalf
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Gandalf » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:21 am

Ginga wrote:
Preezy wrote:
Ginga wrote:Anything Halle Berry is in is awful.

Take it you've never seen Monsters Ball?

Great film, and dat sex scene :datass:


Yes, no and do not want.


I'm guessing Ginga's finally 'come out' then?!

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Dowbocop » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:05 am

Punisher's back with Marvel as well I believe. He needs to be in on any street-level Marvel shenanigans.

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Frank » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 am

Can't get a proper link as I'm on my phone, but Zach Braff seems to have just set up a Kickstarter for his follow up to Garden State, Wish I Was Here.

Will be keeping an eye on it, but I probably won't give him that much. Garden State wasn't that good.

EDIT: It's also being co-written by Braff's brother (a professional author), which is reassuring.

Image
User avatar
Pedro
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leeds

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Pedro » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:46 am

Dowbocop wrote:Punisher's back with Marvel as well I believe. He needs to be in on any street-level Marvel shenanigans.


Punisher movies shouldn't ever be set in the same universe as the Avengers. It's almost always a problem in the comics and I'd find even harder to match the tone in a movie.

Daredevil could be a great movie, but I think there's potential for a great HBO-level show in there.

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Venom » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:Image



Bay has since said his words were taken out of context. Personally I love the film. No it won't win any Oscars but it is a quality piece of high action entertainment that many people have enjoyed - and not all all hopeful blockbusters can do that. It also features the late Michael Duncan Clark RIP.

Michael Bay denies 'Armageddon' apology: "I'm proud of the movie"

Michael Bay has posted a statement online regarding comments he was said to have made about Armageddon. The director recently appeared to publicly apologise for his 1998 disaster movie, being quoted as saying that he would "redo the entire third act" if he had the chance.

The 48-year-old was alleged to have told The Miami Herald: "I will apologise for Armageddon, because we had to do the whole movie in 16 weeks. It was a massive undertaking. That was not fair to the movie. "But the studio literally took the movie away from us. It was terrible. My visual effects supervisor had a nervous breakdown, so I had to be in charge of that. "I called James Cameron and asked 'What do you do when you're doing all the effects yourself?' But the movie did fine."

However, Bay has since written a post on Shoot for the Edit - the official Michael Bay forum - titled "I'm Proud of Armageddon". In the statement, Bay, who is currently promoting new movie Pain & Gain, claims that the journalist went "too far in reporting false information", and that his "words and meaning" in the interview were twisted. He said that he would "not in the slightest" apologise for the movie, which starred Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler and grossed $553 million (£363m) worldwide.

Bay added: "What I clearly said to the reporter is I wish I had more time to edit the film, specifcally the the third act (sic). "He asked me in effect what would you change if you could in your movies if you could go back. I said, I wish we had a few more weeks in the edit room on Armageddon. "And still today Armageddon, is still one of the most shown movies on cable TV. And yes, I'm proud of the movie. Enough said."




http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a475678/michael-bay-denies-armageddon-apology-im-proud-of-the-movie.html

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Dowbocop » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:44 pm

Pedro wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:Punisher's back with Marvel as well I believe. He needs to be in on any street-level Marvel shenanigans.


Punisher movies shouldn't ever be set in the same universe as the Avengers. It's almost always a problem in the comics and I'd find even harder to match the tone in a movie.

Daredevil could be a great movie, but I think there's potential for a great HBO-level show in there.

I don't see how Punisher and the Avengers can't coexist, but then I've never thought of it as a problem in the comics. I've mostly read the older Punisher stuff though, I'm up to late 80s, early 90s I think. I've read a bit of the MAX stuff as well. I've never really seen the Avengers and Punisher as that closely related - the Avengers do superhero battles while Punisher is more about organised crime. The Avengers films haven't touched that at all.

I think pitting Punisher as an antagonist to Daredevil (as they've done before in the comics) would work well for both characters on film/TV.

User avatar
Pedro
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leeds

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Pedro » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:07 pm

It's the problem of the Punisher straight massacring hundreds upon hundreds of men and women. No matter there crime, can't see Captain America being okay with that blood letting on the streets of New York. Urban terrorist is really the Punisher. He works best in the MAX universe when you believe it's just him vs. horrible horrible criminals.

I've liked Daredevil vs. Punisher tales in the past (Brubaker and Waid have done them in the last 5 years) but any movie that makes the Punisher a 'hero' is really missing the point. Basically I don't want to see The Punisher on an 8-year olds lunch box.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Movie News Thread
by Memento Mori » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Pedro wrote:It's the problem of the Punisher straight massacring hundreds upon hundreds of men and women. No matter there crime, can't see Captain America being okay with that blood letting on the streets of New York.


Well he lets Wolverine be in the Avengers...


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests