Xbox Game Pass - Rain on Your Parade, NHL 21, GTA5 (XB), Zombie Army 4, Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler out now

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Robbo-92 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:57 pm

Bought my 3 years of Gold just now, 3 years worth was just under (by a few pence) £108 on CDkeys which is probably the cheapest I’ve seen a years worth of gold in ages! So how do I go about adding them each to my account and then upgrading the Gold to GPU? Is it just a one off payment of £1 for the GPU or is it £1 a month? Either way it’s insane value that was just too good to turn down.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Abacus
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Abacus » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:03 pm

So, I did the upgrade back in November. I think it only works if you're new to GP to start off.

Anyhow, I added the codes from CDKeys one after the other, so I had 36 months of Gold. After every time, it offered me a free month of Gold; don't take that. Because you can have a maximum of 36 months at any time.

So, if you add that month in between year 1 and year 2, say, you'll end up with 25 months, and then won't be able to add your 3rd year.

I'm probably explaining all that wrong.

Anyhow, you then get the option to upgrade to GPU for £1 for the first month. At least that's how it was worded in the promo.

But what it actually did (and I assume still does), is upgrade the remaining whole time of your Gold membership, and not just 1 month. So, up to 36 months to GPU, for £1 in total. That's how it worked for me anyhow.

Please someone jump in if I'm giving bad advice.

User avatar
Abacus
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Abacus » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:10 pm

Oh, I also got various messages (after 24 months were entered) telling me to update my card details because my auto renewal date was after the end of my card expiry date.

But you can ignore those and keep adding Gold codes, and do the upgrade for that whole time, anyway.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Robbo-92 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:50 pm

So add the 3 years of Gold to my account via the redeem code and then hit the £1 Ultimate upgrade on the Game Pass menu? That easy? :shifty:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: PatSharpsMullet
Location: Hove

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by PatSharpsMullet » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:48 am

Robbo-92 wrote:So add the 3 years of Gold to my account via the redeem code and then hit the £1 Ultimate upgrade on the Game Pass menu? That easy? :shifty:

Correct. It's that easy.

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Peter Crisp » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:15 am

It's got to be a candidate for the best value offer ever in gaming.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Robbo-92 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:00 am

PatSharpsMullet wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:So add the 3 years of Gold to my account via the redeem code and then hit the £1 Ultimate upgrade on the Game Pass menu? That easy? :shifty:

Correct. It's that easy.


Thanks, it just seems too easy on the face of it :lol:

Peter Crisp wrote:It's got to be a candidate for the best value offer ever in gaming.


Even for its full price of £10.99 a month it’s still cracking value with all that’s on there, even more so when you can get it for much cheaper for 3 years!

Another quick question before I redeem my Gold codes and upgrade, do I need to turn recurrent billing off afterwards or not? More than likely after 3 years of GPU I’ll be staying signed up to the service so not sure if it makes a difference or not?

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Bertie
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Bertie » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:33 am

Robbo-92 wrote:
PatSharpsMullet wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:So add the 3 years of Gold to my account via the redeem code and then hit the £1 Ultimate upgrade on the Game Pass menu? That easy? :shifty:

Correct. It's that easy.


Thanks, it just seems too easy on the face of it :lol:

Peter Crisp wrote:It's got to be a candidate for the best value offer ever in gaming.


Even for its full price of £10.99 a month it’s still cracking value with all that’s on there, even more so when you can get it for much cheaper for 3 years!

Another quick question before I redeem my Gold codes and upgrade, do I need to turn recurrent billing off afterwards or not? More than likely after 3 years of GPU I’ll be staying signed up to the service so not sure if it makes a difference or not?


It doesn’t make a difference turning it off. What I did was buy 2.5 years of gold. Then add 2 or 3 months extra for free (1 month per code) for each code you redeem and then turn recurring bill on to get it (then back off again). Once you have used all your codes, then redeem the £1 offer. So I didn’t get the full 3 years, but paid for 2.5 years.

Not sure what I’ll do when it is over. Whether we’ll be able to get it back again for this price.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Robbo-92 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:04 am

I keep thinking they’re going to do away with it at some point, hence why I’m just biting the bullet and doing it now before I have to pay full price for it.

Edit, that really was easy, says recurring billing will begin on the 04/04/24 :toot:

Edit 2, got Oblivion and Fable 1-3 downloading now, is the Game Pass app buggy for anyone else? Keeps going to a black screen if I click on anything but show all games, then have to go back to the home menu to exit said black screen.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by KK » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:09 am

Another Xbox junk food tie-in to alert you to!

I can't get their website to work properly, but if/when they fix it, Pringles are giving away 7 day's worth of Game Pass with every marked can purchased (and a chance to win a Series X every week). Limited to 2 cans only though so when you pop...you will have to stop.

Codes must be claimed by 10.08.2021.

Image
User avatar
Abacus
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Abacus » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:16 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:I keep thinking they’re going to do away with it at some point, hence why I’m just biting the bullet and doing it now before I have to pay full price for it.

Edit, that really was easy, says recurring billing will begin on the 04/04/24 :toot:

Edit 2, got Oblivion and Fable 1-3 downloading now, is the Game Pass app buggy for anyone else? Keeps going to a black screen if I click on anything but show all games, then have to go back to the home menu to exit said black screen.


I haven't especially noticed it today, but I do find it that way from time to time. I usually put it down to my internet. Maybe downloading loads of stuff at the same time is having an effect.

Glad it worked - it's a great feeling, isn't it? I've got 2 and a half years left now, and I could feasibly never buy a game again in that time.

But that said, I do still buy the odd game, though it's changed what I get. I tend not to rush in with big new releases now, and buy the odd older thing when it's on mega discount, or if it's already come and gone to GP.

In my head, I'll have a little stack of games I 'own' should I ever decide not to renew GP at the end of 2023. I mean, who knows where any of us will be with our gaming habits by the end of that timescale.

Anyway, loads for you to explore so enjoy!

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Robbo-92 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:53 pm

Abacus wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I keep thinking they’re going to do away with it at some point, hence why I’m just biting the bullet and doing it now before I have to pay full price for it.

Edit, that really was easy, says recurring billing will begin on the 04/04/24 :toot:

Edit 2, got Oblivion and Fable 1-3 downloading now, is the Game Pass app buggy for anyone else? Keeps going to a black screen if I click on anything but show all games, then have to go back to the home menu to exit said black screen.


I haven't especially noticed it today, but I do find it that way from time to time. I usually put it down to my internet. Maybe downloading loads of stuff at the same time is having an effect.

Glad it worked - it's a great feeling, isn't it? I've got 2 and a half years left now, and I could feasibly never buy a game again in that time.

But that said, I do still buy the odd game, though it's changed what I get. I tend not to rush in with big new releases now, and buy the odd older thing when it's on mega discount, or if it's already come and gone to GP.

In my head, I'll have a little stack of games I 'own' should I ever decide not to renew GP at the end of 2023. I mean, who knows where any of us will be with our gaming habits by the end of that timescale.

Anyway, loads for you to explore so enjoy!


I think they’ll be the only games I’ll be buying, the ones that are leaving the service that I’ve not completed but want to, only if they’re going cheap of course :shifty:

For now I think the 3 Fable games and at least trying Oblivion (as I’ve only ever played Skyrim from TES) will do me fined or now! Will definitely be trying out loads of stuff in the future though (No Mans Sky, Sea of Thieves to name a couple), I think after 3 years of constant GPU I think it might be hard not to have it? Having stuff to play even if your sub should lapse shouldn’t be an issue as obviously everything can’t come to Game Pass sadly :lol:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by rinks » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:56 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:...is the Game Pass app buggy for anyone else? Keeps going to a black screen if I click on anything but show all games, then have to go back to the home menu to exit said black screen.

Yeah, it’s been junk since the last update, about a week ago. They supposedly added achievement viewing to the app (initially limited to certain users), but it crashes as soon as I select a game. (On iPad.)

EDIT: Ignore this, I’m thinking of the Xbox app.

Last edited by rinks on Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Saint of Killers » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:57 pm

KK wrote:Another Xbox junk food tie-in to alert you to!

I can't get their website to work properly, but if/when they fix it, Pringles are giving away 7 day's worth of Game Pass with every marked can purchased (and a chance to win a Series X every week). Limited to 2 cans only though so when you pop...you will have to stop.

Codes must be claimed by 10.08.2021.


2 cans a day? Surely not 2 cans for the whole duration of the promo...

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by rinks » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:05 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
KK wrote:Another Xbox junk food tie-in to alert you to!

I can't get their website to work properly, but if/when they fix it, Pringles are giving away 7 day's worth of Game Pass with every marked can purchased (and a chance to win a Series X every week). Limited to 2 cans only though so when you pop...you will have to stop.

Codes must be claimed by 10.08.2021.


2 cans a day? Surely not 2 cans for the whole duration of the promo...

Game Pass - £11 per month
Pringles - £1.50 per tube

You’d get people buying 150 tubes of Pringles to get three years of Game Pass.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Robbo-92 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:09 pm

rinks wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:...is the Game Pass app buggy for anyone else? Keeps going to a black screen if I click on anything but show all games, then have to go back to the home menu to exit said black screen.

Yeah, it’s been junk since the last update, about a week ago. They supposedly added achievement viewing to the app (initially limited to certain users), but it crashes as soon as I select a game. (On iPad.)

EDIT: Ignore this, I’m thinking of the Xbox app.


I don’t really find I use the Xbox or Game Pass apps on my iPad, I was referring to the Game Pass app on the Series X, after a few seconds of inactivity if just cuts to a black screen? Only way I can get around it is to quickly select view all games, since my Game Pass lapsed I’ve not even loaded it up since mid February but when I loaded it up earlier it just kept doing the above.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by rinks » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:19 pm

Ah, OK. Weird. Maybe try rebooting.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Robbo-92 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:13 pm

Restarted it, turned it off and left it off for 10 minutes, still the same. Not unusable but certainly annoying.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Abacus
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by Abacus » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:04 pm

Does anyone want 149 spare tubes of Pringles?

User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Outriders, Narita Boy, Octopath Traveler, Yakuza 6, EA Play (PC) & 20 Bethesda Games out now.
by gamerforever » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:25 pm

The xbox live conversion is great value. Those rewards are also quite addictive and I reckon I could get a few free games a year by being consistent with searching everyday and downloading the odd game pass title I don’t want to play. Oblivion in 4k is just amazing. I am sure microsoft will add a 60fps mode soon too, which would be great.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 143 guests