Xbox Game Pass - Death’s Gambit (PC), Death Squared (XB1), Final Fantasy XV: RE & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out now.

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out on Thursday.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:25 pm

I'm interested in Youngbloods also. I really did not like New Order or New Colossus. Something about the gunplay felt a bit too fiddly, and the difficulty was all over the place. I also got lost an alarming number of times. I'm hoping that will mean i will enjoy this one which was badly received.

Gamepass continues to be mind blowing value.

Image
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out on Thursday.
by Jenuall » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:31 pm

I thought the gun play in both New Order and New Colossus was incredible, probably the best in any FPS for years. But I do agree with the difficulty being all over the place and it wasn't unusual to be wandering around thinking "what do I need to do next?"

Game Pass is incredible value, I've only been on it for a few months and I've easily got my monies worth out of it already!

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out on Thursday.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:50 pm

Jenuall wrote:I thought the gun play in both New Order and New Colossus was incredible, probably the best in any FPS for years. But I do agree with the difficulty being all over the place and it wasn't unusual to be wandering around thinking "what do I need to do next?"

Game Pass is incredible value, I've only been on it for a few months and I've easily got my monies worth out of it already!


Your recollections may be fair and more accurate than mine. It’s been a while since I played them. It just seemed really to difficult to use the lean in an effective manner, but the option was there so I really wanted it to be a viable tool. For me it never was though. I remember picking up ammo and armour etc to be a massive pain in the arse. That I’m certain of.

Image
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out on Thursday.
by Jenuall » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:53 pm

Oh yeah the pickup system was crazy, why they didn't just have auto pickup on walking over stuff will always baffle me!

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out on Thursday.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:33 pm

Playing Halo 2 on MCC over the past few nights has reminded me what an undervalued "option" this is. I'm sure on some level it could be seen as a gameplay system, but it feels more like crafting for dummies.

Image
Image
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out on Thursday.
by Buffalo » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:40 pm

Wolfenstein 2 was rock hard, definitely, and all of those niggles you guys mentioned on top of that made me want to tear my hair out.
I can’t 100% recall what Digital Foundry has to say about FFXV’s performance on the xbone, but in terms of Gamepass’ value, it’d be churlish to whine about frame rates or whatever.

User avatar
Cumberdanes
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out on Thursday.
by Cumberdanes » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:04 pm

Buffalo wrote:Wolfenstein 2 was rock hard, definitely, and all of those niggles you guys mentioned on top of that made me want to tear my hair out.
I can’t 100% recall what Digital Foundry has to say about FFXV’s performance on the xbone, but in terms of Gamepass’ value, it’d be churlish to whine about frame rates or whatever.


You've now got no excuse not give FFXV a try at least.

Image

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out today.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:42 am

I think i will probably give XV a try. Have heard really mixed things about it, but the fact that you can listen to music from the previous game whilst in the Regalia pretty much sells me on it. Possibly the next "big" game i play after i wrap up Blood and Wine.

Image
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out today.
by Photek » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:45 am

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:I think i will probably give XV a try. Have heard really mixed things about it, but the fact that you can listen to music from the previous game whilst in the Regalia pretty much sells me on it. Possibly the next "big" game i play after i wrap up Blood and Wine.

I love FF and even loved FF13 but I just could not get on with the battle system in 15, it seem counter intuitive and more random than others. The characters are fine, not too grating and it looks gorgeous, especially on X (you have option of higher res or higher framerate on X) but the story is a bit meh and the side missions are incredibly mundane. I'm enjoying FF12 remastered more tbh, and that's just 1080p (albeit 60fps on X).

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out today.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:51 am

Photek wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:I think i will probably give XV a try. Have heard really mixed things about it, but the fact that you can listen to music from the previous game whilst in the Regalia pretty much sells me on it. Possibly the next "big" game i play after i wrap up Blood and Wine.

I love FF and even loved FF13 but I just could not get on with the battle system in 15, it seem counter intuitive and more random than others. The characters are fine, not too grating and it looks gorgeous, especially on X (you have option of higher res or higher framerate on X) but the story is a bit meh and the side missions are incredibly mundane. I'm enjoying FF12 remastered more tbh, and that's just 1080p (albeit 60fps on X).



Consider my chips covered in piss :(

Image
Image
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out now.
by Buffalo » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:50 pm

Ok so there’s good news and bad news.

Good - it’s the ‘Royal Edition’ of FFXV, with all of the DLC gubbins and extra bits.
Bad - one hundred and thirty five gig download. Good grief.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out now.
by Jenuall » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:05 pm

strawberry floating hell! :dread:

Is that on Xbox or PC? I mean I imagine it's massive on either platform to be fair! :lol:

Image
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out now.
by Buffalo » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:21 pm

Xbox. My broadband company is going to be PISSED.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out now.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:37 pm

Its almost worth it just to upset BT.

Image
Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out now.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:25 am

So i'm thinking of starting Borderlands 2 this evening, and as i have no friends i was wondering if anyone could tell me if it plays ok as a single player experience, or is the balancing horribly off etc?

Also playing Plague Tale, which i am really really enjoying. Seems a great balance (for me) between action ans storytelling. Feels a lot like Hellblade in terms of the scope of the game (though not necessarily the mechanics).

Image
Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out now.
by Moggy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:42 am

I don’t think I ever played Borderlands 2 online and I enjoyed the game. I was a bit Borderlands fatigued from the first game though so I never got very far into it.

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out now.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:30 pm

Ok, that sounds reassuring. Will see how i get on.

Image
Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out now.
by Squinty » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:39 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:So i'm thinking of starting Borderlands 2 this evening, and as i have no friends i was wondering if anyone could tell me if it plays ok as a single player experience, or is the balancing horribly off etc?


Played it years ago on 360. I thought it was ridiculous towards the end. The enemies turned into bull sponges. Ending up ditching it.

I would answer no, the balancing is bad. But they may have fixed it now. I don't know.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out now.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:43 pm

Squinty wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:So i'm thinking of starting Borderlands 2 this evening, and as i have no friends i was wondering if anyone could tell me if it plays ok as a single player experience, or is the balancing horribly off etc?


Played it years ago on 360. I thought it was ridiculous towards the end. The enemies turned into bull sponges. Ending up ditching it.

I would answer no, the balancing is bad. But they may have fixed it now. I don't know.


Ergh, thats disappointing (and what i feared). Thanks for the opinion anyway, its that potential issue of everything becoming a bullet sponge in SP that concerned me.

Image
Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition & Wolfenstein: Youngblood out now.
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:04 pm

On the contrary, I thought it was great. I started a replay a while back but didn’t have the time to get very far into the game.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Antoniodgl, Green Gecko, Peter Crisp and 49 guests