Xbox Game Pass - NieR:Automata GOTY/Totally Reliable Delivery Service (XB1) & Overcooked 2 (PC) out now.

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
samoza
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Kingdom Hearts 3 (XB1) & Yakuza 0/Wasteland Remastered/Two Point Hospital out now.
by samoza » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:36 am

Last month I installed and played a few games that I had dismissed. To be fair, I did not decide to continue playing any of them after getting the Quest Points, but I may have. The low points now means that I won't bother using the bandwidth to bother.

I am a writer at Co-optimus - a site dedicated to co-op gaming
http://www.co-optimus.com/
Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Kingdom Hearts 3 (XB1) & Yakuza 0/Wasteland Remastered/Two Point Hospital out now.
by Monkey Man » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:08 pm

Image

March 5
NBA 2K20
Train Sim World 2020

March 11
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

March 12
Pikuniku

March 13-15
Bleeding Edge Beta

March 13
State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition – Xbox One and Windows 10 PC

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/04/ ... arch-2020/

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Kingdom Hearts 3 (XB1) & Yakuza 0/Wasteland Remastered/Two Point Hospital out now.
by Jenuall » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:09 pm

Gave Yakuza 0 a quick bash last night, it's early days as I didn't get very far at all, but so far it seems very ropey and disjointed. It really feels like a couple of generations out of date in terms of the feel of the movement and just how limited and small the environments are in terms of scale and interactivity. There were also about 5 different styles of dialogue / cutscene implementation within about the first 20 minutes - really awkward to keep adapting to!

Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Kingdom Hearts 3 (XB1) & Yakuza 0/Wasteland Remastered/Two Point Hospital out now.
by Monkey Man » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:17 pm


Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Kingdom Hearts 3 (XB1) & Yakuza 0/Wasteland Remastered/Two Point Hospital out now.
by Photek » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:56 pm

Played Two Point Hospital for an hour or so last night, really REALLY like it. I think it's because it was only my first Hospital but the amount of times my docs and nurses went on break and lines formed was annoying and I see no way to have 2 docs in one office but I presume you can when you get to bigger hospitals.

Love the layout, it's really clear and intuitive plus picking up and dropping your staff is both brilliant and adorable.

Played more of Yakuza 0, I love it, to be honest, I've not been on it enough because of DayZ but honestly, the praise it receives in here as a series is well worth it.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Kingdom Hearts 3 (XB1) & Yakuza 0/Wasteland Remastered/Two Point Hospital out now.
by Mafro » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:05 pm

Jenuall wrote:Gave Yakuza 0 a quick bash last night, it's early days as I didn't get very far at all, but so far it seems very ropey and disjointed. It really feels like a couple of generations out of date in terms of the feel of the movement and just how limited and small the environments are in terms of scale and interactivity. There were also about 5 different styles of dialogue / cutscene implementation within about the first 20 minutes - really awkward to keep adapting to!

It's basically a remastered PS3 game.

Photek wrote:Played more of Yakuza 0, I love it, to be honest, I've not been on it enough because of DayZ but honestly, the praise it receives in here as a series is well worth it.

:wub:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Kingdom Hearts 3 (XB1) & Yakuza 0/Wasteland Remastered/Two Point Hospital out now.
by Jenuall » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:15 pm

Mafro wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Gave Yakuza 0 a quick bash last night, it's early days as I didn't get very far at all, but so far it seems very ropey and disjointed. It really feels like a couple of generations out of date in terms of the feel of the movement and just how limited and small the environments are in terms of scale and interactivity. There were also about 5 different styles of dialogue / cutscene implementation within about the first 20 minutes - really awkward to keep adapting to!

It's basically a remastered PS3 game.

It's only 5 yeas old but it feels like a game from 20 years ago. Like I say I'm not writing it off or anything as I've barely touched it, was just surprised at how archaic it felt!

Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Kingdom Hearts 3 (XB1) & Yakuza 0/Wasteland Remastered/Two Point Hospital out now.
by Monkey Man » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:01 pm


Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Kingdom Hearts 3 (XB1) & Yakuza 0/Wasteland Remastered/Two Point Hospital out now.
by Monkey Man » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:07 pm

Photek wrote:Played Two Point Hospital for an hour or so last night, really REALLY like it. I think it's because it was only my first Hospital but the amount of times my docs and nurses went on break and lines formed was annoying and I see no way to have 2 docs in one office but I presume you can when you get to bigger hospitals.

Love the layout, it's really clear and intuitive plus picking up and dropping your staff is both brilliant and adorable.

I'm on the 4th or 5th Hospital. If it keeps happening build another room or as a short term measure hire another nurse/doc then send the low energy person on a break then swap in a fresh person.

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - NBA 2K20 (XB1), Mother Russia Bleeds (PC) & Halo:CE/Train Sim World out now.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:32 pm

Was loving Two Point, but lost a load of progress on the Hospital I was working on (I was 3 years in so numerous autosaves had kicked in, plus I did my usually double quick save before exiting the game). When I relaunched it it had no progress whatsoever with that Hospital. So that’s it for me. Not sure what I would even advise to do to prevent that happening to you, maybe make sure you back out to the world map and save from there?
Shame anyway, first time I have had a problem like this for years.

Image
Image
User avatar
Jordan UK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Kingdom Hearts 3 (XB1) & Yakuza 0/Wasteland Remastered/Two Point Hospital out now.
by Jordan UK » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:43 pm

Jenuall wrote:Gave Yakuza 0 a quick bash last night, it's early days as I didn't get very far at all, but so far it seems very ropey and disjointed. It really feels like a couple of generations out of date in terms of the feel of the movement and just how limited and small the environments are in terms of scale and interactivity. There were also about 5 different styles of dialogue / cutscene implementation within about the first 20 minutes - really awkward to keep adapting to!


I noped out as well. It’s a little strange.

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - NBA 2K20 (XB1), Mother Russia Bleeds (PC) & Halo:CE/Train Sim World out now.
by rinks » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:35 pm

I’ve become so accustomed to Game Pass coming up with the goods, I now find myself irked and slightly resentful that I might have to pay for Doom Eternal.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - NBA 2K20 (XB1), Mother Russia Bleeds (PC) & Halo:CE/Train Sim World out now.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:34 am

rinks wrote:I’ve become so accustomed to Game Pass coming up with the goods, I now find myself irked and slightly resentful that I might have to pay for Doom Eternal.


Same with me and Animal Crossing. And that's not even the same console :fp:

Image
Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Ori 2, NBA 2K20 (XB1), Mother Russia Bleeds (PC) & Halo:CE/Train Sim World out now.
by Hime » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:01 am

Anyone had any issues with remote downloads? Mine has stopped working for some reason.

This plus losing my progress in Halo Reach has not made for a positive game pass experience.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Ori 2, NBA 2K20 (XB1), Mother Russia Bleeds (PC) & Halo:CE/Train Sim World out now.
by Photek » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:08 am

Are you in the preview program? I used to have lots of issues when I was in it, better to leave if you are. As for remote downloads, I haven't used them recently but i'll let you know if I can't do it.

What Reach Progression are you on about because I think I had same problem with Sword base mission (2nd one). I put about an hour in and then logged off, went back and to 'continue' and it started at very start, not at checkpoint. Although miffed I didn't mind and played through entire mission and will do from now on to be sure.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Ori 2, NBA 2K20 (XB1), Mother Russia Bleeds (PC) & Halo:CE/Train Sim World out now.
by Hime » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:17 am

Photek wrote:Are you in the preview program? I used to have lots of issues when I was in it, better to leave if you are. As for remote downloads, I haven't used them recently but i'll let you know if I can't do it.

What Reach Progression are you on about because I think I had same problem with Sword base mission (2nd one). I put about an hour in and then logged off, went back and to 'continue' and it started at very start, not at checkpoint. Although miffed I didn't mind and played through entire mission and will do from now on to be sure.

No I'm not, it's always worked fine for me and it still brings up a message saying 'added to que'. My console is set up correctly both on the app and the settings to allow remote downloads.

Yeah I think it was that mission, I got to a checkpoint when you get into the base and lock the doors after getting overrun. I loaded it up on the streaming app which might have caused a problem I guess but everything else has worked fine.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Ori 2, NBA 2K20 (XB1), Mother Russia Bleeds (PC) & Halo:CE/Train Sim World out now.
by Jenuall » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:26 am

I can never get remote downloads to work for PC. In all honesty the downloads from the Game Pass app on the PC itself tend to have trouble more often than not. It's still in beta on PC so I'm cutting them some slack but they really need to get it up to scratch soon, it needs to be more reliable and also add a bunch of features that other PC game stores/hubs have - game backup being a big one.

On Steam/GoG/uPlay I can backup games to a second drive and restore them easily to save space on my SSD but Game Pass doesn't let you do this so if you swap games out you have to download them all over again.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Ori 2, NBA 2K20 (XB1), Mother Russia Bleeds (PC) & Halo:CE/Train Sim World out now.
by Photek » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:20 am

Remote downloads didn't work for me at all till about 5-6 months ago they just started working, no idea why. My auto updates have also kicked in.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Ori 2, , Pikuniku, NBA 2K20 (XB1), Mother Russia Bleeds (PC) & Halo:CE/Train Sim World out now.
by Monkey Man » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:21 pm

My remote downloads have been flaky but my download of Pikuniku via the ios Game Pass app worked today.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Ori 2, , Pikuniku, NBA 2K20 (XB1), Mother Russia Bleeds (PC) & Halo:CE/Train Sim World out now.
by Moggy » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:21 pm

Remote downloads for me are very hit and miss. Sometimes they work perfectly, sometimes it won’t work at all.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frank, Fruits Punch Samurai, Photek, PuppetBoy, Qikz, Saint of Killers, Yubel and 51 guests