Xbox Game Pass - The Ascent, Omno, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Last Stop, Atomicrops, out now.

Anything to do with games at all.
7256930752

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy IX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4, Gears Tactics (PC) out now
by 7256930752 » Sat May 16, 2020 7:12 pm

rinks wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
rinks wrote:Problem is Phil Spencer mentioned it coming to Game Pass. It was then retracted, but he wouldn’t have said it for nothing. I’m convinced it’s going to happen, and I’ve waited this long. If I buy it, it’s bound to be added the next week.

And I’m not exactly short of stuff on my backlog.


Fair enough. And :lol: bolded.


It is only £25 though. And I do really want to play it.

Just to add another opinion In loved the world and general Remedy vibe but the boss fights are horrendous with a Dark Souls style save system to make replaying them even more of a slog.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy IX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4, Gears Tactics (PC) out now
by Photek » Sat May 16, 2020 7:14 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:I’m going to sign up for Gamepass Ultimate when I get paid later this month. CDkeys have 3 months for £21.99

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/3-month-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-xbox-one-pc

That’s the right one for UK right? I guess this is the cheapest way to buy it?

Yeah it has a picture of the planet under ‘Region’ which means you can use code anywhere.

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy IX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4, Gears Tactics (PC) out now
by ITSMILNER » Sat May 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Photek wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:I’m going to sign up for Gamepass Ultimate when I get paid later this month. CDkeys have 3 months for £21.99

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/3-month-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-xbox-one-pc

That’s the right one for UK right? I guess this is the cheapest way to buy it?

Yeah it has a picture of the planet under ‘Region’ which means you can use code anywhere.


Nice one, cheers matey!

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy IX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4, Gears Tactics (PC) out now
by Pedz » Sat May 16, 2020 8:05 pm

Squinty wrote:Played FFIX briefly, this port is strawberry floating weird. Longer load times, animations aren't as smooth during battles. I don't think I could play the game again.


Didn';t the game run really gooseberry fool anyway, battles were 12fps. I';m playing on PC and with mods it's running at 30fps in battles.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy IX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4, Gears Tactics (PC) out now
by Saint of Killers » Sat May 16, 2020 8:56 pm

Hime wrote:
rinks wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
rinks wrote:Problem is Phil Spencer mentioned it coming to Game Pass. It was then retracted, but he wouldn’t have said it for nothing. I’m convinced it’s going to happen, and I’ve waited this long. If I buy it, it’s bound to be added the next week.

And I’m not exactly short of stuff on my backlog.


Fair enough. And :lol: bolded.


It is only £25 though. And I do really want to play it.

Just to add another opinion In loved the world and general Remedy vibe but the boss fights are horrendous with a Dark Souls style save system to make replaying them even more of a slog.


I would say that only applied to a few of them, but yes, those few are annoying as floop. (But there's plenty of filed save points.) Also, finding the right area for a mission can be a bit of a bark due to the game not utilising any sort of a in game waypoint system. (You only have the pause screen map to go by.) It's still a fantastic game despite these minor annoyances.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy IX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4, Gears Tactics (PC) out now
by Squinty » Sat May 16, 2020 11:00 pm

Pedz wrote:
Squinty wrote:Played FFIX briefly, this port is strawberry floating weird. Longer load times, animations aren't as smooth during battles. I don't think I could play the game again.


Didn';t the game run really gooseberry fool anyway, battles were 12fps. I';m playing on PC and with mods it's running at 30fps in battles.


The battle animations thing is possibly just my rose tinted memory of the PS1 version. The load times are definitely longer though. It takes forever to start a battle.

7256930752

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy IX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4, Gears Tactics (PC) out now
by 7256930752 » Sun May 17, 2020 12:26 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Hime wrote:
rinks wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
rinks wrote:Problem is Phil Spencer mentioned it coming to Game Pass. It was then retracted, but he wouldn’t have said it for nothing. I’m convinced it’s going to happen, and I’ve waited this long. If I buy it, it’s bound to be added the next week.

And I’m not exactly short of stuff on my backlog.


Fair enough. And :lol: bolded.


It is only £25 though. And I do really want to play it.

Just to add another opinion In loved the world and general Remedy vibe but the boss fights are horrendous with a Dark Souls style save system to make replaying them even more of a slog.


I would say that only applied to a few of them, but yes, those few are annoying as floop. (But there's plenty of filed save points.) Also, finding the right area for a mission can be a bit of a bark due to the game not utilising any sort of a in game waypoint system. (You only have the pause screen map to go by.) It's still a fantastic game despite these minor annoyances.

I thought it was worth mentioning as the boss was enough for me too put it down and never come back despite really enjoying it up to that point. It's that bad.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy IX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4, Gears Tactics (PC) out now
by Saint of Killers » Sun May 17, 2020 12:36 pm

Hime wrote:I thought it was worth mentioning as the boss was enough for me too put it down and never come back despite really enjoying it up to that point. It's that bad.


You're right to mention it as two of the boss fights were quite trying. (Salvador and the 2nd Tomassi encounter.)

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Golf with Friends (XB1). FFIX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4 out now.
by Monkey Man » Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 am

twitter.com/majornelson/status/1262600797814050817



Fractured Minds (Fractured Minds is an immersive artistic short game, exploring anxiety and mental health issues. Winner of the BAFTA Young Game Designers Award, Fractured Minds is a game created by Emily Mitchell, then 17-years-old, with the hope of aiding understanding and awareness of mental illness.) out now on Xbox Game Pass as well.

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Final Fantasy IX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4, Gears Tactics (PC) out now
by Peter Crisp » Tue May 19, 2020 5:32 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:I’m going to sign up for Gamepass Ultimate when I get paid later this month. CDkeys have 3 months for £21.99

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/3-month-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-xbox-one-pc

That’s the right one for UK right? I guess this is the cheapest way to buy it?


Check Amazon regularly as they often have a buy 3 months and get 3 months free offer so you get 6 months for £35.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Golf with Friends (XB1). FFIX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4 out now.
by rinks » Tue May 19, 2020 6:07 pm

Fractured Minds is an immersive artistic short game...

Bit of an understatement. It’s literally 10 minutes long.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Golf with Friends (XB1). FFIX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4 out now.
by Photek » Tue May 19, 2020 6:12 pm

rinks wrote:
Fractured Minds is an immersive artistic short game...

Bit of an understatement. It’s literally 10 minutes long.

A wild MHTL appears!

Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Golf with Friends (XB1). FFIX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4 out now.
by rinks » Tue May 19, 2020 6:17 pm

Photek wrote:
rinks wrote:
Fractured Minds is an immersive artistic short game...

Bit of an understatement. It’s literally 10 minutes long.

A wild MHTL appears!

Haha, yes I nearly posted that in the Achievements thread instead. Kind of surprised he hasn’t already played it.

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Golf with Friends (XB1). FFIX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4 out now.
by more heat than light » Tue May 19, 2020 6:21 pm

rinks wrote:
Photek wrote:
rinks wrote:
Fractured Minds is an immersive artistic short game...

Bit of an understatement. It’s literally 10 minutes long.

A wild MHTL appears!

Haha, yes I nearly posted that in the Achievements thread instead. Kind of surprised he hasn’t already played it.


I will! Cheeving has taken a bit of a back seat at the moment with the kids being off school.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Golf with Friends (XB1). FFIX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4 out now.
by rinks » Tue May 19, 2020 7:48 pm

more heat than light wrote:
rinks wrote:
Photek wrote:
rinks wrote:
Fractured Minds is an immersive artistic short game...

Bit of an understatement. It’s literally 10 minutes long.

A wild MHTL appears!

Haha, yes I nearly posted that in the Achievements thread instead. Kind of surprised he hasn’t already played it.


I will! Cheeving has taken a bit of a back seat at the moment with the kids being off school.


Yeah I noticed you were off the pace. Rare for me to get ahead of you!

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Golf with Your Friends (XB1), FFIX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4 out now.
by more heat than light » Tue May 19, 2020 8:42 pm

I've done it now. Enjoyed it, for what it's worth.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Golf with Your Friends (XB1), FFIX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4 out now.
by Corazon de Leon » Wed May 20, 2020 9:22 am

The True Achievement rating on that game is that the 1,000 points are worth 1,012. That’s Avatar levels of stupidly easy. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Golf with Your Friends (XB1), FFIX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4 out now.
by Monkey Man » Wed May 20, 2020 7:39 pm



Out 17th July on Game Pass. Devs previously made Flame in the Flood.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020 ... ut-in-july

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Golf with Your Friends (XB1), FFIX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4 out now.
by Squinty » Wed May 20, 2020 9:28 pm

I said the port for FFIX was weird before, you know what, I was wrong. They done an admirable job, it could be better, but some of the quality of life stuff they did is pretty neat and helpful. I'm about 13 hours in and I'm on the 3rd disc.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Game Pass - Golf with Your Friends (XB1), FFIX, Halo 2 (PC), Red Dead 2/DayZ (XB1), Streets of Rage 4 out now.
by Buffalo » Wed May 20, 2020 11:53 pm

The character models have seen a huge improvement, and it runs a lot quicker...well, the field bits.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cumberdanes, Cuttooth, kerr9000, The Doom Spoon and 134 guests