The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Godzilla » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:54 pm

Castlevania Season 3 is out...

And it scored 10/10 from IGN

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Ironhide » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:12 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Pedz wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:


That based on the games?

No, based on the current "Siege" toyline.

But it does look to be based around the early days of the war on Cybertron which was basically the plot of the games too.
Also means no human characters.


Doesn't make sense that they're using Earth vehicle 'disguises' if they haven't actually gone to Earth at that point.

Image
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Meep » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:20 am

Castlevania S3. Some really good action and some good character moments interspersed with really oddly paced and overly long conversations and a plot that stumbles forward like a lame zombie. Hopefully it gets better. Feels like they finished the main arc and are struggling to figure out what to do with the story after Dracula is out of the picture.

User avatar
Dig Dug
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Dig Dug » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:30 am

Feels more like they had a really good idea for how to end the season but had trouble figuring out how to actually get there.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Squinty » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:24 am

I'm enjoying it. I'm only a few episodes in, mind you.

I kinda thought it was funny though. The first scene in S3 felt like they were going 'this is how it is!' to people saying it's a slow TV show.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Buffalo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:45 am

I really like it, about 3 away from finishing the latest season. Probably the best one yet.

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Monkey Man » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:16 pm


Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Qikz » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:27 pm

Meep wrote:Castlevania S3. Some really good action and some good character moments interspersed with really oddly paced and overly long conversations and a plot that stumbles forward like a lame zombie. Hopefully it gets better. Feels like they finished the main arc and are struggling to figure out what to do with the story after Dracula is out of the picture.


Everything Hector and Isaac is from the games as well. They know exactly what they're doing with a lot of characters.

Cypher's arc is her learning how bad the world really is and Trevor is there to help her realise that.

The arc that didn't make much sense was Alucard's. I'm not sure what was up with that.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Meep » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:09 am

Qikz wrote:
Meep wrote:Castlevania S3. Some really good action and some good character moments interspersed with really oddly paced and overly long conversations and a plot that stumbles forward like a lame zombie. Hopefully it gets better. Feels like they finished the main arc and are struggling to figure out what to do with the story after Dracula is out of the picture.


Everything Hector and Isaac is from the games as well. They know exactly what they're doing with a lot of characters.

Cypher's arc is her learning how bad the world really is and Trevor is there to help her realise that.

The arc that didn't make much sense was Alucard's. I'm not sure what was up with that.

I don't really understand what the point of that was as well. I mean, maybe they wanted to make his character a little more pessimistic and untrusting but then he wasn't exactly all rainbows before.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Qikz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:04 pm

Meep wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Meep wrote:Castlevania S3. Some really good action and some good character moments interspersed with really oddly paced and overly long conversations and a plot that stumbles forward like a lame zombie. Hopefully it gets better. Feels like they finished the main arc and are struggling to figure out what to do with the story after Dracula is out of the picture.


Everything Hector and Isaac is from the games as well. They know exactly what they're doing with a lot of characters.

Cypher's arc is her learning how bad the world really is and Trevor is there to help her realise that.

The arc that didn't make much sense was Alucard's. I'm not sure what was up with that.

I don't really understand what the point of that was as well. I mean, maybe they wanted to make his character a little more pessimistic and untrusting but then he wasn't exactly all rainbows before.


Possibly going to lead up to how he is in Symphony of the Night where he's very much accepting of the fact he's human and vampire and mentally prepare him for the fact his father is coming back. He learned from them how evil vampires truely can be, but also that humans are not exactly innocent either. He obviously knew of what happened to his mother, but I think he put a lot of it down to fear from people who didn't understand, now he knows some humans are just as vindictive and evil as vampires. Same thing happened with Sypha as now she understands what Trevor means when he doesn't like other people. She was very optimistic that not everyone had a chance of being evil, but she learned harshly that they have that ability.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Qikz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:04 pm

Meep wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Meep wrote:Castlevania S3. Some really good action and some good character moments interspersed with really oddly paced and overly long conversations and a plot that stumbles forward like a lame zombie. Hopefully it gets better. Feels like they finished the main arc and are struggling to figure out what to do with the story after Dracula is out of the picture.


Everything Hector and Isaac is from the games as well. They know exactly what they're doing with a lot of characters.

Cypher's arc is her learning how bad the world really is and Trevor is there to help her realise that.

The arc that didn't make much sense was Alucard's. I'm not sure what was up with that.

I don't really understand what the point of that was as well. I mean, maybe they wanted to make his character a little more pessimistic and untrusting but then he wasn't exactly all rainbows before.


Possibly going to lead up to how he is in Symphony of the Night where he's very much accepting of the fact he's human and vampire and mentally prepare him for the fact his father is coming back. He learned from them how evil vampires truely can be, but also that humans are not exactly innocent either. He obviously knew of what happened to his mother, but I think he put a lot of it down to fear from people who didn't understand, now he knows some humans are just as vindictive and evil as vampires. Same thing happened with Sypha as now she understands what Trevor means when he doesn't like other people. She was very optimistic that not everyone had a chance of being evil, but she learned harshly that they have that ability.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:51 pm

3 episodes in to S3 of Castlevania. Its.... bad? It feels like the writing has way too much meta type stuff in it (feels like Deadpool. I liked it there, but this was not present in the first two Series of CV). Massively disappointing, as i thought the first series was great, and the second one interesting. Might slog through, but a slog is how it feels right now. Whenever Trevor and the Seer(?) are in a scene together i know its going to be uncomfortable viewing.
Issac is cool though. The captain feels a bit like a hate crime.

Image
Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Squinty » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:34 pm

I really like the dialog and writing in it. I'm about 4 or 5 episodes in.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Buffalo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:53 am

Lance Reddick’s in it, so it’s automatically great.

It is great.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:37 am

Buffalo wrote:Lance Reddick’s in it, so it’s automatically great.

It is great.


Ah, thought i could hear Lieutenant Daniels in there. Will try and persevere, he does make everything better.

Image
Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Squinty » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:59 am

Alucard.

BUM SEX

That was a really good episode. Liked the way it flipped between multiple things happening (including the aforementioned treasure hunting).

Part of the reason why I love this is the voice work. It's awesome for the most part.

User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Meep » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:05 am

Something felt seriously off about the timing in conversations. Might have been an issue with how they sequenced the animation and the voice actors were doing their best despite it. I suppose that's the issue with dubbing rather than acting something.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Saint of Killers » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:08 pm

To those of you who don't mind a bit of anime action but don't consider yourself anime fans: check out "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure". I'll be honest: it took me *months* to get into it, then I started watching it on Netflix and even then I wasn't totally enamoured with it, but then ep 10 rolled around (somewhere around there) and I have just been binging on it every day. It's basically a humorous supernatural/mystical powers/fighty anime. Available in both subs and dubs.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Ironhide » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:06 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:To those of you who don't mind a bit of anime action but don't consider yourself anime fans: check out "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure". I'll be honest: it took me *months* to get into it, then I started watching it on Netflix and even then I wasn't totally enamoured with it, but then ep 10 rolled around (somewhere around there) and I have just been binging on it every day. It's basically a humorous supernatural/mystical powers/fighty anime. Available in both subs and dubs.


Sounds like something I'd enjoy.

Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Monkey Man » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:02 pm

Out tomorrow -







--------------------------------------


Image

Return to “Stuff”