The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Rex Kramer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:33 am

More episodes of The Chef Show launch today which makes me very happy (even though Seth Rogen is in one of them).

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Monkey Man » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:12 am

Image

Inspired by real events, a teen reports and eventually recants her reported rape, while two female detectives, states away, investigate evidence that could reveal the truth.

Based on The Marshall Project and ProPublica Pulitzer Prize-winning article, "An Unbelievable Story of Rape," written by T. Christian Miller and Ken Armstrong, and the This American Life radio episode, “Anatomy of Doubt”, with episodes directed by Oscar nominees Susannah Grant and Lisa Cholodenko, "Unbelievable" is a story of unspeakable trauma, unwavering tenacity, and astounding resilience.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80153467



Limited Series, 8 episodes, got great reviews.

Image
User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by satriales » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:22 am

Moggy wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:Limited Series of 7 episodes out today. Lost meets Fyre Festival meets Hunger Games and stars Kate Bosworth, Natalie Martinez, Alex Pettyfer. Not seen any reviews for it.


The I-Land review – Netflix's castaway thriller is not a spoof. It really is this bad

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... s-this-bad


Sounds pretty bad. I am tempted to watch it now. :lol:

I randomly found this last night and watched the first episode. It's terrible. Low budget, awful acting, and trying too hard to be random for the sake of it.
I was hoping with it being a limited series that some thought might have gone into it, but nope. It's like the creators saw Lost as being the highest form of art and wanted to create an even more dumbed down version for kids.

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Monkey Man » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:14 pm

The I-Land spoilers for the 3rd episode as I expect I'm the only one watching it -

They're not actually on an island, they're all prisoners in a VR simulation where if they die on the Island they die in real life. It's an experiment to see if given a fresh start with no memory they can be good people.


Still bad.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Squinty » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:03 pm

Watching the making of The Dark Crystal show and this is just as essential as the show itself.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Ironhide » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:06 pm

Monkey Man wrote:The I-Land spoilers for the 3rd episode as I expect I'm the only one watching it -

They're not actually on an island, they're all prisoners in a VR simulation where if they die on the Island they die in real life. It's an experiment to see if given a fresh start with no memory they can be good people.


Still bad.


Almost everything in that spoiler is in the strawberry floating trailer.

Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Monkey Man » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:31 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:The I-Land spoilers for the 3rd episode as I expect I'm the only one watching it -

They're not actually on an island, they're all prisoners in a VR simulation where if they die on the Island they die in real life. It's an experiment to see if given a fresh start with no memory they can be good people.


Still bad.


Almost everything in that spoiler is in the strawberry floating trailer.

I didn't watch the trailer, never do for TV/Movies I'm planning to watch other than Star Wars. The main reason is that they often spoil everything as in this case yet again.

Image
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by gamerforever » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:46 am

Squinty wrote:Watching the making of The Dark Crystal show and this is just as essential as the show itself.


Never seen the film, worth watching both in any order?

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Squinty » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:30 am

gamerforever wrote:
Squinty wrote:Watching the making of The Dark Crystal show and this is just as essential as the show itself.


Never seen the film, worth watching both in any order?


I watched the movie right before the show. It's not essential, but it does make you think about where the plot is going in the TV show, and it has provides easter eggs. It's really interesting because the show sometimes circumvents those expectations you have.

Not really essential, but it might be cool to watch it. It's only an hour and a half long as well.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Moggy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:27 pm

Monkey Man wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:The I-Land spoilers for the 3rd episode as I expect I'm the only one watching it -

They're not actually on an island, they're all prisoners in a VR simulation where if they die on the Island they die in real life. It's an experiment to see if given a fresh start with no memory they can be good people.


Still bad.


Almost everything in that spoiler is in the strawberry floating trailer.

I didn't watch the trailer, never do for TV/Movies I'm planning to watch other than Star Wars. The main reason is that they often spoil everything as in this case yet again.


You can’t really avoid that spoiler, Netflix auto plays the trailer and it says it in the very first line.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Ironhide » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:56 pm

Moggy wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:The I-Land spoilers for the 3rd episode as I expect I'm the only one watching it -

They're not actually on an island, they're all prisoners in a VR simulation where if they die on the Island they die in real life. It's an experiment to see if given a fresh start with no memory they can be good people.


Still bad.


Almost everything in that spoiler is in the strawberry floating trailer.

I didn't watch the trailer, never do for TV/Movies I'm planning to watch other than Star Wars. The main reason is that they often spoil everything as in this case yet again.


You can’t really avoid that spoiler, Netflix auto plays the trailer and it says it in the very first line.


I also hate how most films on Bluray show clips from the film on the main menu screen, its completely unnecessary and quite often includes spoilers for major scenes.

Image
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Godzilla » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:31 pm

Seinfeld coming to Netflix in.... 2021.... Bit of a wait but it's global release so at least the UK will definitely get it too. Best TV show ever after Hannibal.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Hexx » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:39 pm

While off work been catching up on stuff that passed me by



Disenchantment is a bit shite isn’t it?

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Pedz » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:45 pm

Yes.

Image
User avatar
Cyburn2
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London UK

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Cyburn2 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:50 pm

Trailer for Big Mouth Season 3 came out, wasn't sure whether to link it as it's NSFW.

It's coming on October 4th.

Image
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Godzilla » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:39 pm

Troll Hunter is now on Netflix. It's a bloody wonderful little movie about a documentary crew following a guy who turns out to be an actual Troll Hunter. It has great special effects and shows just enough of the monsters to make it a creature feature. It has a great sense of humour too and the landscapes all look stunning.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Ironhide » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:24 pm

Godzilla wrote:Troll Hunter is now on Netflix. It's a bloody wonderful little movie about a documentary crew following a guy who turns out to be an actual Troll Hunter. It has great special effects and shows just enough of the monsters to make it a creature feature. It has a great sense of humour too and the landscapes all look stunning.


Troll Hunter is great.

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Tafdolphin » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:05 pm

Hexx wrote:While off work been catching up on stuff that passed me by



Disenchantment is a bit shite isn’t it?


It's completely joyless.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Tineash
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Tineash » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:34 pm

I'm also just now watching Disenchantment, quite liking it except for Elfo, whose two main character traits appear to be: child like naivete, and friend-zoned horniness.

I do not like Elfo.

"exceptionally annoying" - TheTurnipKing
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Netflix Thread - US NETFLIX INSTRUCTIONS IN 1ST POST
by Monkey Man » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:50 am

Image

12 unique crime stories, 4 countries, one chance to uncover the truth. Criminal arrives Sept 20th with David Tennant, Hayley Atwell and Youssef Kerkour. Only on Netflix.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80216172 - UK
https://www.netflix.com/title/81020523 - Spain
https://www.netflix.com/title/81020513 - France
https://www.netflix.com/title/81020518 - Germany



Been getting OK reviews, each country has 3 unrelated (to other country's) episodes each.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Garth, Gemini73, HSH28, JediDragon05, Monkey Man, MSN [Bot], Return_of_the_STAR, Snowcannon, wensleydale, Wrathy, zXe and 46 guests