Night Call. Taxi noir, out now Steam/PC Game Pass!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Night Call. Hotel Dusk in a taxi #ubernoir
by Tafdolphin » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:56 pm



/\ is happening now if anyone's interested!

EDIT: Dammit new page: our director is about to talk to RPS about the game.

Image

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Night Call. Hotel Dusk in a taxi #ubernoir
by OrangeRKN » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:05 pm

I think this appeared briefly during the Xbox conference? Release date soon?

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Night Call. Hotel Dusk in a taxi #ubernoir
by Tafdolphin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:08 pm

It did, during the indie montage! I heard it was in there but couldn't say anything in case they changed the line-up last minute. strawberry floating mindblowing that I game I worked on was seen on that scale, even briefly!

There's an approximate date but we're not ready to announce anything as yet unfortunately.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Night Call. Hotel Dusk in a taxi #ubernoir
by Victor Mildew » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Good work Taff

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Night Call. Hotel Dusk in a taxi #ubernoir
by Tomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:45 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:It did, during the indie montage! I heard it was in there but couldn't say anything in case they changed the line-up last minute. strawberry floating mindblowing that I game I worked on was seen on that scale, even briefly!

There's an approximate date but we're not ready to announce anything as yet unfortunately.



What did you do on it?

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Night Call. Hotel Dusk in a taxi #ubernoir
by Tafdolphin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Tomous wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:It did, during the indie montage! I heard it was in there but couldn't say anything in case they changed the line-up last minute. strawberry floating mindblowing that I game I worked on was seen on that scale, even briefly!

There's an approximate date but we're not ready to announce anything as yet unfortunately.



What did you do on it?


Copy-editing, proofreading, some of the writing! I'm also officially down as a 'consultant' now, whatever that means (because me and the director would go for sushi and talk about the design of the game sometimes)

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Night Call. Hotel Dusk in a taxi #ubernoir
by Tomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:It did, during the indie montage! I heard it was in there but couldn't say anything in case they changed the line-up last minute. strawberry floating mindblowing that I game I worked on was seen on that scale, even briefly!

There's an approximate date but we're not ready to announce anything as yet unfortunately.



What did you do on it?


Copy-editing, proofreading, some of the writing! I'm also officially down as a 'consultant' now, whatever that means (because me and the director would go for sushi and talk about the design of the game sometimes)


Don’t forget to invoice him for your consultancy services after release ;)

That’s awesome though, congrats. The game’s style definitely caught my eye in the reel when it madean appearance.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Night Call. Hotel Dusk in a taxi #ubernoir
by Mafro » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:51 pm

What does copy editing involve?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Night Call. Hotel Dusk in a taxi #ubernoir
by Tafdolphin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Editing copy.

lol

The game was translated from French into English by translators. I was initially hired to go through all the texts, around 250 000 words and make sure it was all grammatically correct etc. My role then evolved into me actually changing the text to make it flow better, or to better express the emotions the writer wanted to focus on, or simply to make it make more sense. To improve it, basically. This then became a writing gig after they were pleased with my work.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Night Call. Hotel Dusk in a taxi #ubernoir
by Mafro » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:56 pm

So kinda like working on localisation as well as writing some of the script?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Night Call. Hotel Dusk in a taxi #ubernoir
by Tafdolphin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Mafro wrote:So kinda like working on localisation as well as writing some of the script?


Yup! There's been 12 people in total involved in the development, and I think 6 of us were localisation!

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Night Call. Hotel Dusk in a taxi #ubernoir
by Tafdolphin » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:46 pm

So we've finally got a release date!



Unfortunately yes, this is the PC release only. Xbox, PS4 and, most importantly, Switch releases will come later.

Last edited by Tafdolphin on Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Night Call. Taxi noir, releasing on PC 17 July
by Tomous » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:56 pm

I will buy this when it hits PS4 or Switch.

It better not be gooseberry fool Taf :capnscotty:

Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Night Call. Taxi noir, releasing on PC 17 July
by Ironhide » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:02 pm

I'm definitely going to listen to this while playing the game.


Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Night Call. Taxi noir, releasing on PC 17 July
by OrangeRKN » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:29 pm

Will be a Switch game for me, hopefully that's not too late afterwards

Disappointed it's not an Epic store exclusive though

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Night Call. Taxi noir, releasing on PC 17 July
by Monkey Man » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:15 am

Night Call, a neo-noir narrative investigation game created by the talented folks at Monkey Moon and Black Muffin and published by Raw Fury, is headed to Steam and Xbox Game Pass for PC on July 17th and console later in 2019.

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Night Call. Taxi noir, releasing on PC 17 July
by Tafdolphin » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:20 am

Oh yeah guys it's out on Xbox too kthnxbye

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Night Call. Taxi noir, releasing on PC/Game Pass 17 July
by Tafdolphin » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:23 am

Similar to the "Beyonce's PA" Choose Your Own Adventure tweet thread, Raw Fury have posted up one of our characters as a CYOA on Twitter!


Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Night Call. Taxi noir, releasing on PC/Game Pass 17 July
by more heat than light » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:53 am

Do you have the achievement list? Asking for a friend.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Night Call. Taxi noir, releasing on PC/Game Pass 17 July
by OrangeRKN » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:51 am

Tafdolphin wrote:Similar to the "Beyonce's PA" Choose Your Own Adventure tweet thread, Raw Fury have posted up one of our characters as a CYOA on Twitter!


This is a cool use of twitter, not heard of the "Beyonce's PA" or whatever

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern

Return to “Games”