Nintendo 3DS Chat

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Hypes
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by Hypes » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:41 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:Yeah I really liked Superstar Saga, I ordered Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam as it was under £8


My condolences

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by ITSMILNER » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:24 pm

Hypes wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:Yeah I really liked Superstar Saga, I ordered Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam as it was under £8


My condolences


No good? I’ll grab Bowsers Inside Story at some point

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Hypes
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by Hypes » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:56 am

ITSMILNER wrote:
Hypes wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:Yeah I really liked Superstar Saga, I ordered Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam as it was under £8


My condolences


No good? I’ll grab Bowsers Inside Story at some point

If you've not played that before you're in for a treat!

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by Balladeer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am

Paper Jam was decidedly meh compared to some of the previous games, like some of the DNA from Sticker Star had fed into it.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by shy guy 64 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:36 pm

i like all five mario and luigi games

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by ITSMILNER » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:15 pm

Question, are you able to get 3DS software updates by any other means than using the eshop?

The New 2DS Xl system I want to start using has a NNID that my dad created. Problem is he can’t remember the password nor the email address he would have used to sign it up. Anyway round this? Guessing I can’t even do a factory reset due to having a linked NNID?

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by Green Gecko » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:53 pm

I think you can do a factory reset but you'll lose any downloads on the system.

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by ITSMILNER » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:16 pm

I’ll give that a go, can I log in with my own NNID if I am signed into another 3DS system?

My order for Samus Returns got cancelled from GAME as no stock. Checked the Ninty online store and they had the game with a Metroid tee for £39.99 so went for that instead


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by Green Gecko » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:40 am

Seems I'm really fortunate (of course I am!) that my partner picked up at least 3 or 4 of these games getting talked about on release at the RRP as the prices are going up not down! I haven't completed most of them either as they are big, challenging games. Except A Link Between Worlds which is excellent.

I've had Majora's Mask and Samus Returns. Actually I did buy Samus Returns as the Legacy Edition but had to sell it immediately (at a small loss which is ridiculous as it was going for £80+ as new).

Seems like a valid strategy for getting hold of some of the full price titles :shifty:

I'm surely people miss the £30-35 GB/GBA/DS/3DS game pricing now that Switch is out :slol:

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by ITSMILNER » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:54 am

It does seem like a lot of the games are now out of print so the prices are going up. Luckily I also picked up a lot of the main 3DS catalog at release like the Zelda’s and Kid Icarus.

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by ITSMILNER » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:28 pm

Been hunting around for my old DS games and found some games that I forgot about like Okamiden and Dragonball Z Attack of the Saiyans (which I never knew but is actually made by Monolithsoft, the devs of Xenoblade) also found all the old Professor Layton which I used to get for my mum as she loved them, I’ve never touched them but I may give them a go at some point.

I’ll get some pics up of my collection at some point, anyone got any 3DS/DS collection pics to share?

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by Squinty » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:34 pm

The third Professor Layton game is pretty strawberry floating great. Forgot about Okamiden. I traded that in for some reason. It was a stupid decision.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by ITSMILNER » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:52 pm

Squinty wrote:The third Professor Layton game is pretty strawberry floating great. Forgot about Okamiden. I traded that in for some reason. It was a stupid decision.


I found the Lost Spector in the loft and I couldn’t think why I bought that as the US version then I remembered it’s got the London Life RPG mode that Brownie Brown made. It was never included in the PAL release due to time to translate all the text.

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by Victor Mildew » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:30 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:
Squinty wrote:The third Professor Layton game is pretty strawberry floating great. Forgot about Okamiden. I traded that in for some reason. It was a stupid decision.


I found the Lost Spector in the loft and I couldn’t think why I bought that as the US version then I remembered it’s got the London Life RPG mode that Brownie Brown made. It was never included in the PAL release due to time to translate all the text.


I got my wife the US version of that for the same reason, and then she didn't touch that mode :x :lol:

I got the LE Layton card sleeve through club Nintendo ages ago for registering the first 3 Layton games too.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by Balladeer » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:42 pm

I found the Layton games hit and miss, but the last games in each trilogy were both top-notch. Really really good stuff.

Okamiden was also bloody good, and I'd love to see it reproduced on a machine that could actually handle what it wanted to do.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by shy guy 64 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:02 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Squinty wrote:The third Professor Layton game is pretty strawberry floating great. Forgot about Okamiden. I traded that in for some reason. It was a stupid decision.


I found the Lost Spector in the loft and I couldn’t think why I bought that as the US version then I remembered it’s got the London Life RPG mode that Brownie Brown made. It was never included in the PAL release due to time to translate all the text.


I got my wife the US version of that for the same reason, and then she didn't touch that mode :x :lol:

I got the LE Layton card sleeve through club Nintendo ages ago for registering the first 3 Layton games too.


i got that as well

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by ITSMILNER » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:07 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Squinty wrote:The third Professor Layton game is pretty strawberry floating great. Forgot about Okamiden. I traded that in for some reason. It was a stupid decision.


I found the Lost Spector in the loft and I couldn’t think why I bought that as the US version then I remembered it’s got the London Life RPG mode that Brownie Brown made. It was never included in the PAL release due to time to translate all the text.


I got my wife the US version of that for the same reason, and then she didn't touch that mode :x :lol:

I got the LE Layton card sleeve through club Nintendo ages ago for registering the first 3 Layton games too.


i got that as well


Hah yeah, I found that sleeve as well actually.

Was that London Life Mode any good? It seems to have been the precursor to Fantasy Life

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by Victor Mildew » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:13 am

Again, this is making me realise how good the 3ds is and what ive got sat with it thst im not playing. Lots of DS games I've not touched that my wife owns. We do have Tetris DS, which is my favourite Tetris and on the DSlite it was perfection coupled with that dpad.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Banjo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nobody cares

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by Banjo » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:16 am

What model do you have? I play mine very rarely but the feel of the New 3DS is delightful, glad I went for the smaller model over the XL.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo 3DS Chat
by Victor Mildew » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:21 am

I've got a black 3DS XL and a black launch one. Also got 2 DSlites (in black of course).

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, Dig Dug, Frank, HaruKazuhira, Lime, Mafro, OldSoulCyborg, Pavloslza, Pavlosooz, Pavlosyyl, Rubix, Saint of Killers, Trelliz, Wrathy and 190 guests