Nintendo E3 2019 thread

Anything to do with games at all.

Which confirmed upcoming Switch exclusive are you most looking forward to seeing more of?

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3
6%
Pokemon: Sword & Shield
6
12%
Animal Crossing
12
24%
Metroid Prime 4
8
16%
Bayonetta 3
0
No votes
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
9
18%
Luigi's Mansion 3
6
12%
Super Mario Maker 2
3
6%
Astral Chain
1
2%
Town
0
No votes
Other
1
2%
 
Total votes: 49
NickSCFC

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by NickSCFC » Sun May 12, 2019 9:21 am

Tomous wrote:Retro game reveal or we riot.


Aren't they working on Metroid Prime 4?

Last edited by NickSCFC on Sun May 12, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by Tomous » Sun May 12, 2019 9:27 am

NickSCFC wrote:
Tomous wrote:Retro game reveal or we riot.


Aren't they working on Netflix Prime 4?


Yes but they started in January (or maybe just before).

They must have been doing something for the last 6 years. There’s probably some cancelled projects in there but the hope is they had something nearing completion when they pitched MP4.

Image
NickSCFC

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by NickSCFC » Sun May 12, 2019 9:31 am

Tomous wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Tomous wrote:Retro game reveal or we riot.


Aren't they working on Netflix Prime 4?


Yes but they started in January (or maybe just before).

They must have been doing something for the last 6 years. There’s probably some cancelled projects in there but the hope is they had something nearing completion when they pitched MP4.


I did see a rumour a few years back that they were working on a racer, F-Zero would make me happy.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by ITSMILNER » Sun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm

NickSCFC wrote:
Tomous wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Tomous wrote:Retro game reveal or we riot.


Aren't they working on Netflix Prime 4?


Yes but they started in January (or maybe just before).

They must have been doing something for the last 6 years. There’s probably some cancelled projects in there but the hope is they had something nearing completion when they pitched MP4.


I did see a rumour a few years back that they were working on a racer, F-Zero would make me happy.


Wasn’t that the Star Fox Racing rumour? They must have something ready to launch, whatever it is could be an early 2020 release


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long Live Switch Squad!
NickSCFC

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by NickSCFC » Sun May 12, 2019 12:57 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Tomous wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Tomous wrote:Retro game reveal or we riot.


Aren't they working on Netflix Prime 4?


Yes but they started in January (or maybe just before).

They must have been doing something for the last 6 years. There’s probably some cancelled projects in there but the hope is they had something nearing completion when they pitched MP4.


I did see a rumour a few years back that they were working on a racer, F-Zero would make me happy.


Wasn’t that the Star Fox Racing rumour? They must have something ready to launch, whatever it is could be an early 2020 release


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That came up on NeoGaf a few times but we never saw anything of it.

At this point I'd be happy with an F-Zero GX remake with RMX level graphics.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by shy guy 64 » Sun May 12, 2019 3:51 pm

i wonder if we'll hear anything about the english version of yo-kai watch 4

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sun May 12, 2019 8:26 pm

Tomous wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Tomous wrote:Retro game reveal or we riot.


Aren't they working on Netflix Prime 4?


Yes but they started in January (or maybe just before).

They must have been doing something for the last 6 years. There’s probably some cancelled projects in there but the hope is they had something nearing completion when they pitched MP4.


There was a little bit of a tease recently...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/0 ... os_project

Image
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by Fisher » Sun May 12, 2019 11:56 pm

do you think there be a new golden sun game for switch.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by shy guy 64 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:34 am

Fisher wrote:do you think there be a new golden sun game for switch.


itd be nice if they were but the guys who make them seem to be caught in an endless loop of mario tennis and golf

Image
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by Rax » Mon May 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Just realised my wife is away that day and Ill be looking after the kids. Looks like the kids will be watching this with me while Im making dinner!

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by Monkey Man » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:31 am


Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by Tomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:20 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Fisher wrote:do you think there be a new golden sun game for switch.


itd be nice if they were but the guys who make them seem to be caught in an endless loop of mario tennis and golf


Tennis sold well, they’re almost certainly working on Golf now. I’d expect to see it 2020/2021.

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:30 pm

What have the Samus Returns guys been working on?

I'd love a wee 2D Metroid title to tide us over to Prime 4.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by Robbo-92 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:37 pm

45 mins in total easily gives them 20 to spend on Animal Crossing :)

Jokes aside, decent length if they pace it well.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by Tomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:14 pm

I’m pretty sure they’re just speculating 45 minutes there.

Cheeky Devlin wrote:What have the Samus Returns guys been working on?

I'd love a wee 2D Metroid title to tide us over to Prime 4.


Yeah, I’ve been thinking for awhile we’ll get a new 2D Metroid from Mercurysteam. I think it’s more a question of whether it’ll be Metroid 5 or another reimagining. Expecting something next year rather than this though.

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:17 pm

Tomous wrote:I’m pretty sure they’re just speculating 45 minutes there.

Cheeky Devlin wrote:What have the Samus Returns guys been working on?

I'd love a wee 2D Metroid title to tide us over to Prime 4.


Yeah, I’ve been thinking for awhile we’ll get a new 2D Metroid from Mercurysteam. I think it’s more a question of whether it’ll be Metroid 5 or another reimagining. Expecting something next year rather than this though.

As long as they keep their hands off Super Metroid they can do anything they want.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by Tomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:22 pm

Also interested to see how Luigi’s Mansion 3 is shaping up.

It’s kind of in a weird spot in a way where LM2 sold very well (5m+) but the fanbase for the most part didn’t enjoy the new structure. Add in the fact it’s likely by Next Level Games (unconfirmed but likely), who have a decent track record but very little HD game experience and there’s potentially a lot of work to do to meet fan expectations.

I thought it looked decent enough when revealed but I know some people said it looked like the 3DS game in HD. 9 months later though, be interested to see how it’s shaping up.

Last edited by Tomous on Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by Balladeer » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:12 pm

LM3 is going to be tremendous and I won’t hear a word otherwise. :evil:

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by shy guy 64 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Tomous wrote:Tennis sold well, they’re almost certainly working on Golf now. I’d expect to see it 2020/2021.


arent they still making additional characters for aces?

Cheeky Devlin wrote:What have the Samus Returns guys been working on?

I'd love a wee 2D Metroid title to tide us over to Prime 4.


well they did sort of tease a remake of fusion at the end of samus returns, though it could have been a general nod so maybe

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo E3 2019 thread - Direct coming 11 June 5pm
by Tomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:47 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Tomous wrote:Tennis sold well, they’re almost certainly working on Golf now. I’d expect to see it 2020/2021.


arent they still making additional characters for aces?



Yes but they’re just about to stop and I imagine most of the team moved on to the next project awhile ago.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanticleer, DarkRula, Mafro, more heat than light, shy guy 64, Tsunade, Vermilion and 131 guests