Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by DarkRula » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:10 pm

I'm going to buy them all and give them my honest review :shifty:

Image
Image
User avatar
jawa_
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by jawa_ » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:40 pm

DarkRula wrote:I'm going to buy them all and give them my honest review :shifty:

... :o . Blimey, Rula... I hope they offer some entertainment value, dude. I shall look out for your assessments!

User avatar
jawa_
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by jawa_ » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:48 pm



I really like Digital Foundry; I enjoy their detailed analysis and assessments of games old and new.

But... I feel that they've gone in hard here. Of course, there is no doubt that Hogwart's Legacy on Switch is substantially cut back in comparison to other systems, but to call it "unrecognisable"? I don't think that's fair. Plenty of folk have reported surprise that the game looks and runs pretty well on Switch. Cutbacks have had to be made and, by many accounts, the actual gameplay delivers decent results. Of course the game on Switch is not gonna match current gen systems and struggles to equal last gen at times; but it feels like the game remains playable and delivers all of the adventure as on other formats.

I felt the reviewer was overly harsh and the viewer comments so far seem to reflect that.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by ITSMILNER » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:52 pm

jawa_ wrote:

I really like Digital Foundry; I enjoy their detailed analysis and assessments of games old and new.

But... I feel that they've gone in hard here. Of course, there is no doubt that Hogwart's Legacy on Switch is substantially cut back in comparison to other systems, but to call it "unrecognisable"? I don't think that's fair. Plenty of folk have reported surprise that the game looks and runs pretty well on Switch. Cutbacks have had to be made and, by many accounts, the actual gameplay delivers decent results. Of course the game on Switch is not gonna match current gen systems and struggles to equal last gen at times; but it feels like the game remains playable and delivers all of the adventure as on other formats.

I felt the reviewer was overly harsh and the viewer comments so far seem to reflect that.


Yeah, sure, if you compare it to the PS5 version it’s downgraded but on its own it’s a perfectly playable version. Biggest differences seem to be more loading so the open world isn’t seamless which isn’t a massive issue at all.

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by ITSMILNER » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 pm

GAME and Amazon are currently selling Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition for £29.99, not a bad price as it contains all the DLC content along with the base game.

Image
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by kerr9000 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:53 pm

I just Finished Disgaea 7 so now I am trying to decide what the main new game I will play on my Switch is going to be , I am thinking either I go back to Pikmin 4 which I was halfway through or I start up Mario RPG or Persona 5 Royal.

Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by Fisher » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:57 pm

i played vampire survivors today complete stage 3 and unlock another character.

User avatar
jawa_
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by jawa_ » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:07 am

kerr9000 wrote:I just Finished Disgaea 7 so now I am trying to decide what the main new game I will play on my Switch is going to be...

It sounded like you enjoyed Disgaea 7, kerr; a return to top form for the series after the excellent 5 but slightly weaker 6?

Fisher wrote:i played vampire survivors today complete stage 3 and unlock another character.

Fisher, you appear to be having a great time with Vampire Survivors! It feels like you've unlocked plenty of characters now.

User avatar
jawa_
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by jawa_ » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:25 am

The Kartie is over!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has dropped out of the US Top 20 gaming sales chart for the first time since it was released. Yes, since the Switch and the game launched back in April 2017, Kart had featured as a part of the top-sellers list... but no more!

There are rumours that it would still be in the top 20 if Nintendo released digital sales figures but, alas, they don't.

Dn't worry, though, Kart fans. The game may return to the Top 20 over the Holidays period. Meanwhile, will you be thinking about digging out your Kart cart and joining in with Mario Kart Monday?

Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by Fisher » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:58 pm

jawa what switch game are you playing this month.

User avatar
jawa_
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by jawa_ » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:17 am

Fisher wrote:jawa what switch game are you playing this month.

That's an interesting question, Fisher, as I've not played much on Switch recently apart from Suika (Watermelon) Game.

I'd like to select an adventure that I can get my teeth into; I'm thinking of No Man's Sky.

I hope that you're still enjoying building up your characters in Vampire Survivors.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by Drumstick » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:55 am

Portal Companion Collection - £4.58

Managed to get this for free with my coins.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by Tomous » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:08 am

Drumstick wrote:Portal Companion Collection - £4.58

Managed to get this for free with my coins.



Anyone who hasn't played these games should be getting it at that price, fantastic value.

Image
User avatar
jawa_
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by jawa_ » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:03 pm

Tomous wrote:Anyone who hasn't played these games should be getting it at that price, fantastic value.

Tomous is dropping truth bombs. Super games and it's great to play them on a handheld system.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by Squinty » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:10 pm

Quake 2 is £3.19.

User avatar
jawa_
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by jawa_ » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:03 pm

A raft of new discounts have hit the eShop today including some - gasp! - Nintendo ones. My top picks are:

Dark Souls Remastered £17.49
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin - Deluxe Edition £19.99
Live A Live £19.99
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition £19.99
Red Dead Redemption £27.99
Doom (2016) £8.74
Doom Eternal £8.74

And don't miss out on Portal: Companion Collection - mentioned earlier! - at £4.58.

User avatar
site23
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by site23 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:04 pm

Go on Jawa, for £17 you could give Dark Souls another go...

Image
Image
User avatar
jawa_
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by jawa_ » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:20 pm

site23 wrote:Go on Jawa, for £17 you could give Dark Souls another go...

I do have Souls on Switch, dude :toot: .

I would have loved to have seen Souls II and III on Switch, too, but it feels highly unlikely now.

User avatar
site23
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by site23 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:45 pm

jawa_ wrote:
site23 wrote:Go on Jawa, for £17 you could give Dark Souls another go...

I do have Souls on Switch, dude :toot: .

My work here is done.

Image

jawa_ wrote:I would have loved to have seen Souls II and III on Switch, too, but it feels highly unlikely now.

For sure, that feels like a bit of a missed opportunity!

Image
Image
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread 7 (Day Free Trial)
by Fisher » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:59 pm

jawa_ wrote:
Fisher wrote:jawa what switch game are you playing this month.

That's an interesting question, Fisher, as I've not played much on Switch recently apart from Suika (Watermelon) Game.

I'd like to select an adventure that I can get my teeth into; I'm thinking of No Man's Sky.

I hope that you're still enjoying building up your characters in Vampire Survivors.


yes still enjoying building up your characters in Vampire Survivors.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DarkRula, ITSMILNER, Nintendonerd69, OldSoulCyborg, SerialCeler, Xeno and 229 guests